PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs. OU in National Title??

BIG_IKE
9/29/2008, 07:43 PM
It seems like a longshot, but not really..

For example...

Say we win the RRSO in a thrilling come from behind 14-21 game...and we win out and Texas wins out, and the SEC keeps beating one another. I think it's very likely that we could play again being that Texas won't have a CCG, and their only loss will be an early loss to the #1 team in the land. With Texas' potential SOS it could happen. They face Missouri, Kansas, Tech, and O-state after us.

I know it's a longshot, but very possible.

OU-HSV
9/29/2008, 07:46 PM
I don't think its possible. The BCS will put a 2 loss SEC team ahead of texass.
And the Coaches and AP poll will almost certainly have an SEC team over texass.

I'm also thinking the BCS has a way around having to set the Championship game between two teams from the same conference.

CK Sooner
9/29/2008, 07:47 PM
I don't think its possible. The BCS will put a 2 loss SEC team ahead of texass.
And the Coaches and AP poll will almost certainly have an SEC team over texass

Yep.

Big 12 < SEC

Hopefully this changes soon.

Doged
9/29/2008, 07:54 PM
I think it could happen if everything fell just right. The conference is limited to 2 teams in BCS games. If OU and Texas somehow finished 1 and 2 in the BCS rankings that would be the championship game. The Fiesta would have first choice for at-large teams and could not pick a Big12 team, is all.

I won't even guess at what all would have to happen for OU and Texas to finish ranked 1 and 2, though. I'm sure the odds are slim, to say the least.

As a side note, I think bowl game rematches suck big time.

8timechamps
9/29/2008, 07:57 PM
It is a long shot, but possible.

The problem would be that the team that lost the RRS would have to finish #2 (and be impressive) and a lot of teams would have to lose. Not to mention a darkhorse would have to be in the SEC title game and win it.

Jeronimo
9/29/2008, 07:58 PM
you'll have to play that title game out on ps2 or 3 whichever you have. cause OU/texass title game isnt happening under any circumstances.

CK Sooner
9/29/2008, 08:03 PM
you'll have to play that title game out on ps2 or 3 whichever you have. cause OU/texass title game isnt happening under any circumstances.

:rolleyes:

Jeronimo
9/29/2008, 08:05 PM
hey, i'd love to kick their butts twice in one season, especially for a crown. i think we're still behind the sec in everyones mind across the country. I agree with whoever said they'd put a 2-loss sec team before texas.

The Maestro
9/29/2008, 08:09 PM
carts don't work in front of horses.

You can tell it's Baylor week!!!

Jeronimo
9/29/2008, 08:11 PM

lol, im not really worried about baylor, but i am hoping OU takes care of business "in a great way".

Dan Thompson
9/29/2008, 09:11 PM
The computers would put suc in the MNC game, somehow.

OU-HSV
9/29/2008, 09:15 PM
lol, im not really worried about baylor, but i am hoping OU takes care of business "in a great way".

We shouldn't take any game lightly, as seen in the past.
Remember the game vs. Baylor in, what was it '05?
I'm not saying I don't like our chances this year, we look pretty damn good...just saying we shouldn't overlook anyone cause we've been burned before.

soonersam
9/29/2008, 09:17 PM

Do horses have reverse??

soonerinabilene
9/29/2008, 09:41 PM
Playing the whorns for the title would scare the sh*t out of me. It is hard to beat a team twice in one season, and even though we have had success doing that lately, texas would be on a whole other level than Mizzou, Colorado, and Nebraska. And in case you havent noticed, McCoy has gotten over his sophomore slump and is stat for stat with Sam. It would be an awesome game and experience, but IMO they would be the scariest opponent to face twice out of the entire big 12.

The Maestro
9/29/2008, 09:47 PM
Let's wait until Texas wins all but one at Colorado, vs. us, vs. Missouri, at Texas Tech and vs. OSU. I don't see it. Colt is a stud. That's about it.

Indy Sooner
9/29/2008, 09:49 PM
14-21?

SoFla Sooner
9/29/2008, 10:27 PM
YAY! It's the annual "Can OU possibly play Texas in the National Title Game Thread".

Once every four years, this particular thread scares me. Guess why?

Please do not pollute my city with 30 thousand Longhorn fans. We have enough problems. Thanks.

The Maestro
9/29/2008, 10:37 PM
Please do not pollute my city with 30 thousand Longhorn fans. We have enough problems. Thanks.

If it miraculously happens, I hope you like dip****s in white starched jeans!

josh09
9/29/2008, 10:37 PM
YAY! It's the annual "Can OU possibly play Texas in the National Title Game Thread".

Once every four years, this particular thread scares me. Guess why?

Haha nice.

Yea, this was brought up 4 or 5 years ago, as i remember. It didnt happen, but its very possible. Other than SEC teams beating each other, SUC would have to lose again though. Which, also, is possible.

But id like to stick to playing texass once a year, thanks :D

WA. Sooner
9/30/2008, 01:33 AM
Since the bcs is given more weight to the human polls and took out quality wins, sos, and weakend to computers. There will be no rematches even if there is no other 1 or 2 loss team. the BCS needs to go back how it used to be in 2000 - 2004