PDA

View Full Version : Since the "experts" predict everyone to have one loss...

8timechamps
9/29/2008, 07:29 PM
I think one (if not both) teams in the national title game will be undefeated.

We, of course, will run the table. Seriously. Here's how I see it playing out:

Dangerous teams left on the schedule:

1. texas - While they have been "under the radar", I don't think their defense is as good as TCU, and they don't match up in talent.

2. Kansas - A dangerous team, to be sure. Still not good enough to beat us...especially at home.

3. K State - Not as good as ether KU or texas.

4. Nebraska - nowhere near where they have been. Again, in Norman...they don't come close.

5. texas Tech - possible shoot-out. This is the most dangerous game left on the schedule. However, it's in Norman...we won't lose this one.

6. O State - Nope.

7. A Missouri team possibly ranked #2 in the Big XII CCG. Stoops will continue his ownership of the conference title game.

I think we go into the national title game undefeated.

I don't see any SEC team making it through their conference schedule without a loss. Look no further than Florida. I am sure they didn't expect to have a tough game until they faced LSU or Georgia. Same can be said for Georgia. I'll bet they thought they would steamroll Bama.

LSU is a decent team, but not as good as the team that won it all in '07 (even that team lost to Auburn).

With SC outta the way (with a loss anyway), the only other team that I think has a real shot at an undefeated season is Penn State. However, they have Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio State back-to-back-to-back. Still the most likely candidate to finish undefeated (especially since the Big Teneleven is too afraid of a conference title game).

Utah is the one team that could throw a wrench in the works. They have a fairly easy schedule with the exception of TCU on November 6.

oumartin
9/29/2008, 07:34 PM
I would love to see OU undefeated but I just don't see it. too much competition week in and week out. Game that scares me most is OSU.

They can score just as quick as OU and its in stoolwater

KC//CRIMSON
9/29/2008, 07:37 PM
Texas
KState
Aggy
Mizzou

8timechamps
9/29/2008, 07:37 PM
I would love to see OU undefeated but I just don't see it. too much competition week in and week out. Game that scares me most is OSU.

They can score, but they haven't played a good team yet. We'll know more about them in two weeks when they play Missouri.

BIG_IKE
9/29/2008, 07:38 PM
I think everyone, including us, is seriously underestimating the shortwhorns...

KC//CRIMSON
9/29/2008, 07:41 PM
I think everyone, including us, is seriously underestimating the shortwhorns...

We'll see how good they really are this coming weekend. Colorado will throw the kitchen sink at them in Boulder.

oumartin
9/29/2008, 07:43 PM
I dont' underestimate them but the game we will have the hardest time winning will be in stoolwater

califsooner
9/29/2008, 07:43 PM
Definitely agree the Tech game is a dangerous one.....atleast at home, but let's not sleep on the pokes game on the road with playmakers and maybe our D possibly giving up the big play. Also, we all know the timing of a loss is also key whick obviously sucks.....but IF we had only 1 loss with our remaining games, can't overlook us still being in the title game. Florida's loss really hurt them since it wasn't to one of the powerhouses in the conference, but their toughest remaining games are at home and still possible to run out. I with ya on the Penn St. possibilty as well.......but lots of football left. And if 'Bama keeps playing like that, don't worry about them losing. I would love a shot at LSU with their offense and lack of a decent QB. The early loss by SUC is actually my worry since they easily have a chance to run out after a huge wake-up call.........and easy arse schedule.

8timechamps
9/29/2008, 07:44 PM
We'll see how good they really are this coming weekend. Colorado will throw the kitchen sink at them in Boulder.

Agreed.

The Buffs are improved, and they seem to play well against ranked teams in Boulder.

I actually may watch this one.

oumartin
9/29/2008, 07:45 PM
obviously you guys haven't watched the new LSU quarterback. not the transfer dude but the other one they play. That dude can play

The Maestro
9/29/2008, 07:46 PM
Wow...you give analysis on everyone but OSU...where you just say nope...where Stoops has never won by more than a touchdown...it might even be 5 as his biggest margin of victory, and that was our national championship team against a 3 or 4 win OSU team.

Yes, OSU is somewhat untested, but did Ohio State put up 55 on Troy? OSU did...and they have offensive balance. They can run and catch. Robinson is mobile. And they have a great return man. Have you seen our special teams defense lately?

OSU is far and away the scariest game left in my opinion. I don't know much about their defense, but they seem to rise up against us when in Stillwater.

BIG_IKE
9/29/2008, 07:46 PM
What worries me to death is that the Big 12 and SEc have too many good teams and they will knock one another off while USC and Penn State cruise thru their cupcake conferences for an undefeated Penn St. vs. One loss USC title game. That would make me vomit, but it would be orgasmic for the biased media.

Johnny Utah
9/29/2008, 07:50 PM
A purely hypothetical question: Although there was no threat of losing to TCU, would it have been hypothetically better to get that one loss "out of the way" last Saturday (along with the rest of the ranked teams that lost), then to lose later in the season? Not that a team can either control that or would want to lose any game, but I'm just thinking of the BCS voters perception of the early loss vs the late loss among the 1 loss teams.

CK Sooner
9/29/2008, 07:51 PM

The way I see it.

OU Defense > OSU Defense

OU Offense > OSU Offense

They can move the ball, but I still think we have a better offense.

Their defense doesn't come close.

8timechamps
9/29/2008, 07:52 PM
Wow...you give analysis on everyone but OSU...where you just say nope...where Stoops has never won by more than a touchdown...it might even be 5 as his biggest margin of victory, and that was our national championship team against a 3 or 4 win OSU team.

Yes, OSU is somewhat untested, but did Ohio State put up 55 on Troy? OSU did...and they have offensive balance. They can run and catch. Robinson is mobile. And they have a great return man. Have you seen our special teams defense lately?

OSU is far and away the scariest game left in my opinion. I don't know much about their defense, but they seem to rise up against us when in Stillwater.

In 2003, the aggies finished 9-3 and played in a bowl game. Their best team in the last 8 years. Granted the game was in Norman, but we wiped the field with them (52-9).

I don't know what kind of team Gundy has put together this year, but a win over Troy doesn't impress me. As for Ohio State, they may be the most overrated team this year. This is the same team that squeaked out a win against Ohio (a team that is 1-4, with it's only win coming against VMI). If the pokes are using what they did to Troy in relation to what Ohio State did to Troy as a measuring stick, they should keep measuring.

8timechamps
9/29/2008, 07:54 PM
A purely hypothetical question: Although there was no threat of losing to TCU, would it have been hypothetically better to get that one loss "out of the way" last Saturday (along with the rest of the ranked teams that lost), then to lose later in the season? Not that a team can either control that or would want to lose any game, but I'm just thinking of the BCS voters perception of the early loss vs the late loss among the 1 loss teams.

Yep.

History shows a loss early in the season is the best loss (if you have to have one). Look at SC, they are still in the top 10 with a lot of football left to play.

The Maestro
9/29/2008, 07:56 PM
Granted the game was in Norman

Well, this year isn't in Norman. And Stoops in Stillwater...

12-7 win in 2000. Game not decided until last second knock down of pass in end zone.

2002. OSU rolled us. What's-his-face is still open!

2004. 3 point win. We give up 35 points.

2006. I think we won by four..game not decided until incomplete pass on last play.

Three of those teams won the Big 12 title and barely escaped Stillwater.

Jeronimo
9/29/2008, 07:57 PM
i think we should worry every week. yes even this week. we have to take care of business "in a great way" every week.

auto
9/29/2008, 07:57 PM

And that's just the student section:D

The Maestro
9/29/2008, 07:58 PM
The way I see it.

OU Defense > OSU Defense

OU Offense > OSU Offense

No offense, I will never understand this sort of analysis until defenses go against each other and offenses do as well.

OSU will be the best offense we face all year, period. Tech can pass, but they cannot run like OSU. And it is still their Super Bowl in their bigger stadium. Little brother on his turf looking to knock off big brother who could be number one.

okiewaker
9/29/2008, 07:59 PM
IMO OU will handle Tech like they usually do, especially being at home. The game against the Pokes will be the toughest game. At times they struggle against them and this year they are pretty good and at home.

8timechamps
9/29/2008, 08:00 PM
Well, this year isn't in Norman. And Stoops in Stillwater...

12-7 win in 2000. Game not decided until last second knock down of pass in end zone.

2002. OSU rolled us. What's-his-face is still open!

2004. 3 point win. We give up 35 points.

2006. I think we won by four..game not decided until incomplete pass on last play.

Three of those teams won the Big 12 title and barely escaped Stillwater.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a tough game (just because it's in Stillwater). In my opinion, texas Tech scares me the most.

My point about the 2003 game was that it was the pokes best team of the last decade, and they got slobberknocked.

I know we've had a lot of close games in their house, and they seem to be a decet team this year. However, I'm not ready to call them a "good" team until they play someone.

The Maestro
9/29/2008, 08:00 PM
i think we should worry every week. yes even this week. we have to take care of business "in a great way" every week.

Agreed. If you don't, that's how you get beat.

Baylor is our toughest game left!! I hope the team believes it and works hard with that mindset.

Jeronimo
9/29/2008, 08:03 PM
Agreed. If you don't, that's how you get beat.

Baylor is our toughest game left!! I hope the team believes it and works hard with that mindset.

exactly. and after this last week, i'm almost (keep in mind....almost) convinced we will be de-throned at some point. last year was freaking crazy. if last week was any indicator, we're in for another crazy year.

8timechamps
9/29/2008, 08:05 PM
exactly. and after this last week, i'm almost (keep in mind....almost) convinced we will be de-throned at some point. last year was freaking crazy. if last week was any indicator, we're in for another crazy year.

I think the opposite. I think we learned a valuable lesson last season, and seeing so many big upsets last weekend serves to make sure the focus stays on each weeks opponent.

Then again, that's why they play the game.

Jeronimo
9/29/2008, 08:09 PM
I think the opposite. I think we learned a valuable lesson last season, and seeing so many big upsets last weekend serves to make sure the focus stays on each weeks opponent.

Then again, that's why they play the game.

I'm speaking more from a twilight zone kind of thing. Theres no question we are MUCH more dangerous than last year. very much more. tcu played the run to the death. they did this in 05 too. difference is bradford. obviously. Thats where I think we'll avoid that road monster coming out of nowhere.

i agree, i think alot of players, especially listening to bradford talk, they've picked up on it.

8timechamps
9/29/2008, 08:13 PM
I'm speaking more from a twilight zone kind of thing. Theres no question we are MUCH more dangerous than last year. very much more. tcu played the run to the death. they did this in 05 too. difference is bradford. obviously. Thats where I think we'll avoid that road monster coming out of nowhere.

i agree, i think alot of players, especially listening to bradford talk, they've picked up on it.

I understand what you're saying. I wouldn't be totaly surprised if we lost one on the road somewhere along the way...just don't think it'll happen this year.

Jeronimo
9/29/2008, 08:16 PM
there is something special about this year isnt there.

8timechamps
9/29/2008, 08:17 PM
there is something special about this year isnt there.

Are you hitting on me? :eek:

MR2-Sooner86
9/29/2008, 08:28 PM
My point about the 2003 game was that it was the pokes best team of the last decade, and they got slobberknocked.

Then what does that sayt about the bad ones that beat us? Hey why don't we ask Florida how good the guys were that beat them this weekend? How about USC and some of the ones they dropped?

Point is, I don't give a **** about their record, OSU has shown they can beat us with a ****ty team when we should destroy them. The game this year does worry me and we shouldn't blow them off. We should be prepared for a down right and ugly fight for each yard.

However, as somebody said, if we win out and win the Big 12 Championship, we will be prepared to play ANYBODY in the country and beat them. No ifs ands or buts about it.

mdklatt
9/29/2008, 08:41 PM
Each year since 2000 we've been beaten by at least one team that shouldn't have been within two touchdowns of us. So what's different about this year?

OUthunder
9/29/2008, 08:46 PM
UT or K-State.

The OU game will be KSU's BCS game.

The Maestro
9/29/2008, 08:47 PM
Each year since 2000 we've been beaten by at least one team that shouldn't have been within two touchdowns of us. So what's different about this year?

The truth freaking hurts...OUCH!!!

Well, the difference is this is going to be our 8th national title and it has been 8 years since our last title and...COME ON! HELP ME HERE!!!

The Maestro
9/29/2008, 08:48 PM
UT or K-State.

The OU game will be KSU's BCS game.

Sorry, but KSU is BAD!!! Seriously no defense.

And they have no one that knows anything about what a BCS game feels like.

mdklatt
9/29/2008, 09:16 PM

Well, the difference is this is going to be our 8th national title and it has been 8 years since our last title and...COME ON! HELP ME HERE!!!

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer. We're good enough to beat anybody, but it takes some measure of luck to beat everybody.

OKC Sooner
9/29/2008, 11:55 PM

There are 8 letters in Oklahoma?

BoulderSooner79
9/30/2008, 12:03 AM

Name a team that has not been beaten by a 2 TD underdog the last few years. The only teams that can say that are the teams that are always the underdog. :) As much as we'd like to think the best team will win out (i.e ours), its all a game of probabilities. If you have a 90% chance of winning every game, you
only have a 28% chance of winning 12 in a row. You have to get to a 95% chance per game to have a slightly better than 50% chance winning all 12. Of course it's much more complicated than that, but our chances against UT, TT, OSU, MU, etc. are much less than 95%. Then throw in an off game, weather, bad calls, and the one I hate most - injuries and you can see how hard it is to win out. But all teams face these less than perfect conditions and it takes a special team each year to overcome this. I think this team has that emotional stability and focus to get it done. We'll have a good idea in a couple of weeks against a UT team that I think is under-rated.

The Maestro
9/30/2008, 12:07 AM
Name a team that has not been beaten by a 2 TD underdog the last few years. The only teams that can say that are the teams that are always the underdog. :) As much as we'd like to think the best team will win out (i.e ours), its all a game of probabilities. If you have a 90% chance of winning every game, you
only have a 28% chance of winning 12 in a row. You have to get to a 95% chance per game to have a slightly better than 50% chance winning all 12. Of course it's much more complicated than that, but our chances against UT, TT, OSU, MU, etc. are much less than 95%. Then throw in an off game, weather, bad calls, and the one I hate most - injuries and you can see how hard it is to win out. But all teams face these less than perfect conditions and it takes a special team each year to overcome this. I think this team has that emotional stability and focus to get it done. We'll have a good idea in a couple of weeks against a UT team that I think is under-rated.

Is being Good Will Hunting hard?;)

BoulderSooner79
9/30/2008, 12:36 AM
Is being Good Will Hunting hard?;)

Sorry, I slipped in the shower and bumped my head this morning. Don't know where I was going with all that. :O

Fraggle145
9/30/2008, 01:02 AM

Bingo. OSU is the toughest game left on our schedule. I think texass will be tough, but i have more confidence there. I also think aTm will be tougher than we think. They SUCK this year, no doubt. BUT we have not performed there well... They are to us what Oregon state is to SuC. JMHO

adoniijahsooner
9/30/2008, 07:22 AM
If Oklahoma State keeps playing and winning I would become less concerned about that game; but if they enter the game 7-3 or 6-4, then I would be very nervous, because of the nothing to lose factor. I just dont see us losing to a very good OSU team ,but we could lose to a average poke team. Am I making sense?

OUFan22
9/30/2008, 09:29 AM
Utah is the one team that could throw a wrench in the works. They have a fairly easy schedule with the exception of TCU on November 6.
How about BYU. They play Utah on 11/22/08. This game could decide who will be the BCS buster. BYU also plays TCU on 10/16/08.

CU Sooner
9/30/2008, 09:51 AM
UT is going to put up points but their secondary is terrible and i would be surprised if we score less than 40 on them, that being said I don't think they can out score us. TT comes after a bye week at home and will look a lot like the bye week a&m game. That leaves two games that I worry about ksate and osu. ksu has no defense but it is at their place and stranger things have happened. The biggest concern is stoolwater, OU has never played well there under Bob and it is the only game that matters to them.

mojohornfan
9/30/2008, 09:54 AM
Texas has to be at least one of the scariest you guys play. Rival games most of the time are close no matter the disparity in talent.
Look at last year. Central Florida scared the $hit out of us. Arkie State gave us some problems. We lost a week before AT home to KSU and went to Dallas and almost pulled the upset. If Jammal doesn't fumble going in, that's a different ball game. We have a much improved defense from last year, although we're younger, but Muschamp is slowly making the impact we need. Sure you guys are favored, as well you should be, but to say you'll blow by us with no worries??? Some of you have mentioned Texas, but alot of you saying Tech(?) and OSU scare you more?? I can understand OSU a little, BUT TECH??? That has to be "hater" talk.

KantoSooner
9/30/2008, 10:15 AM
Just looking at the rankings (yes, yes, it's early) OU's remaining season is going to be very tough. Even Baylor has an exciting QB, though I don't think it will matter.
Game by game is the only way to take it.

Two things we need to do: solve the kicking game. It's really been an embarrassment. Fundamental tackling breakdowns. Second, rediscover a running game. We are not crisp and the RB's are not hitting their holes decisively - it's like they are looking to ad lib before even trying the primary hole.

But that's just my $0.02.

shaun4411
9/30/2008, 10:25 AM
i say get some starters on the coverage teams

mdklatt
9/30/2008, 10:52 AM
Rival games most of the time are close no matter the disparity in talent. Look at last year. Central Florida scared the $hit out of us. Arkie State gave us some problems.

UCF and ASU are your rivals now? :confused:

there there
9/30/2008, 11:06 AM
Why does everyone always say that no sec team can go through the conference undefeated? Everyone just assumes that they are going to beat each other up, but Alabama only has two ranked teams left on their schedule--LSU and Auburn. They also hyping the Tennessee game as one Alabama might lose, but that is based on Tennessee being good in the past. They are 1-3 this year with their only win coming against UAB.

The rest of Alabama's games are at home against Kentucky, Mississippi, Arkansas State, and Mississippi.

I don't think Alabama will beat LSU, but if they do I think they will be undefeated going into the conference championship.

Even some of the people that voted Alabama no. 1 this week don't think they will finish undefeated. I don't see why people think it is so unlikely that they will beat two more ranked teams (one at home and one on the road) when they have already beaten two this season.

mojohornfan
9/30/2008, 11:15 AM
UCF and ASU are your rivals now? :confused:

Fixed it. Hopefully you understand what I was getting at.:confused:

My Opinion Matters
9/30/2008, 11:16 AM
Texas easily has more talent than OSU, but OSU will present us the most match-up problems.Those are our two toughest games. I'm going out on limb here, but I think OSU may be just as good as Missouri.

Tech in Norman this year doesn't worry me.

OUMallen
9/30/2008, 11:17 AM
OSU is probably the toughest game left on the schedule followed closely by Texas. Texas's offense is much better this year, althoguh their defense will be bad...OSU can score very, very quickly....worse defense. Both games will be very challenging.

mojohornfan
9/30/2008, 11:19 AM
UT is going to put up points but their secondary is terrible and i would be surprised if we score less than 40 on them, that being said I don't think they can out score us.

You won't put 40 up on us. (Unless Colt hands the ball off to your LB's) I look for this to be a low scoring game. By low, I mean in the 20's, like last year. O/U at 48.

The Maestro
9/30/2008, 11:37 AM
Texas easily has more talent than OSU, but OSU will present us the most match-up problems.Those are our two toughest games. I'm going out on limb here, but I think OSU may be just as good as Missouri.

Tech in Norman this year doesn't worry me.

If we keep agreeing like this, people are gonna start talking!;)

As far as Texas last year...well, yes the Charles fumble was huge, but the horns also had a few really big plays to Finley. I don't see the horns having all that many offensive weapons. We all know what Colt can do, but if you are having to run your QB that much, what does it say about your talent around him? He isn't managing the game...he IS the game! It's all about balance.

Plus, I think our offensive gameplan against the horns last year was very conservative and it was Sam's first trip to the Cotton Bowl. This year? He, DeMarco, Jermaine and everyone is battle tested. Plus, the coaching matchup. With an OU win vs. the horns, Mack falls to 4-7 against the Sooners while Stoops will be 7-3 against Texas.

Tech in Norman rarely gives us a fight, in spite of being up 14-0 two years ago. It's Norman. When you have one conference home loss in ten years you tend not to, as a fan, worry about losing at home much.

And like MOM said, from what we have seen, OSU is every bit as good as Missouri. High powered offense (OSU can run the ball better) and ??? on defense.

We will know a lot more about Texas after this week.

The Maestro
9/30/2008, 11:38 AM
You won't put 40 up on us. (Unless Colt hands the ball off to your LB's) I look for this to be a low scoring game. By low, I mean in the 20's, like last year. O/U at 48.

I'll take some of that over action.

OU scoring in the 20's? Good luck with all that.

boomrsoonr
9/30/2008, 12:01 PM
I see every Big 12 opponent, except maybe Baylor, as being dangerous. Especially if every time we score, they get the chance to run the kick-off back down the field. Can't we just make them take it at the 20 from now on??

mojohornfan
9/30/2008, 12:11 PM
Wow. Look at the difference in passer rating. Very close. I just see the October 11 matchup as one of the best games in a long time. Win or lose.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/sortables?stat=pass&group=80&year=2008&sort=rat

4 of the 5 top 5 are Big 12. Impressive.

JLEW1818
9/30/2008, 12:22 PM
I think one (if not both) teams in the national title game will be undefeated.

We, of course, will run the table. Seriously. Here's how I see it playing out:

Dangerous teams left on the schedule:

1. texas - While they have been "under the radar", I don't think their defense is as good as TCU, and they don't match up in talent.

2. Kansas - A dangerous team, to be sure. Still not good enough to beat us...especially at home.

3. K State - Not as good as ether KU or texas.

4. Nebraska - nowhere near where they have been. Again, in Norman...they don't come close.

5. texas Tech - possible shoot-out. This is the most dangerous game left on the schedule. However, it's in Norman...we won't lose this one.

6. O State - Nope.

7. A Missouri team possibly ranked #2 in the Big XII CCG. Stoops will continue his ownership of the conference title game.

I think we go into the national title game undefeated.

I don't see any SEC team making it through their conference schedule without a loss. Look no further than Florida. I am sure they didn't expect to have a tough game until they faced LSU or Georgia. Same can be said for Georgia. I'll bet they thought they would steamroll Bama.

LSU is a decent team, but not as good as the team that won it all in '07 (even that team lost to Auburn).

With SC outta the way (with a loss anyway), the only other team that I think has a real shot at an undefeated season is Penn State. However, they have Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio State back-to-back-to-back. Still the most likely candidate to finish undefeated (especially since the Big Teneleven is too afraid of a conference title game).

When is the last time somebody beat Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio State back-to-back-to-back.?? I like South Florida's chances better

stoops the eternal pimp
9/30/2008, 02:46 PM
this is fun but good logic and statistics don't mean much...

No way you lose to Colorado, TT, or WV if you go by what logic or numbers say......

OSU is tough at stillwater...Texas game will be tougher IMO than what people think....KSU on the road could be tough

cheezyq
9/30/2008, 03:53 PM
Let's just cover everything and say that our next 9 games will be tough.

Ranked in order of toughness:
1. v. Texas
2. @ OSU
3. v. Texas Tech
4. v. KU
5. @ Baylor
6. v. NU
7. @ KSU
8. @ ATM

That's a rank in order of toughness, taking into account the opponent, location, and history.

But the thing about an "upset" is that no one expects the upset. Who truly thought that OrSU would beat USC last week? We hoped, but were all expecting the USC rout. Ole Miss came out of nowhere and beat Florida at home. No doubt Urban Meyer hammered on his players about the possibility of an upset after seeing USC go down...but it still happened.

As it was mentioned before, there are too many factors that go into wins/losses other than just talent/coaching. Those things give you a higher probability of winning, but that's it. One week we may destroy Texas or blast OSU, but lose to Baylor in another week. You won't know until the game is played, otherwise Vegas wouldn't exist.

BIG_IKE
9/30/2008, 07:03 PM
First things first....

I think Texas will be our biggest test. I have seen all of their games this season and personally..they are better than last year as a team.

Im willing to bet, alot of us have not seen them play. They have a 255lb Freshman Fullback named Cody Johnson that is a beast, and they rotate 3 Tailbacks. People thinking Colt is the entire offense are mistaken. It's not like he is just running every play because he is on the run. He averages 8 yards a carry, and the team is rushing for 200 per contest. He has 2 quality receivers in Shipley and Cosby and the O-Line looks pretty solid.

On the Defense, they are young at safety but the front 7 is outstanding. 4 Seniors on the D-Line and some very fast physical linebackers in Muckelroy,Bobino and Kindle. They have one of the best D-Lines in the country in my opinion, as well as one of the top punters. One weakness I have noticed is the kickoff coverage...its very poor. However, This will be no cakewalk Sooners. I say we win 28-21.
You may wanna watch the Colorado game if you have not seen them play. They are flying under the radar..but this is a dangerous opponent. Our offensive line vs. their Defensive line will determine this game. Sam on the run would not be cool.

CK Sooner
9/30/2008, 07:06 PM
First things first....

I think Texas will be our biggest test. I have seen all of their games this season and personally..they are better than last year as a team.

Im willing to bet, alot of us have not seen them play. They have a 255lb Freshman Fullback named Cody Johnson that is a beast, and they rotate 3 Tailbacks. People thinking Colt is the entire offense are mistaken. It's not like he is just running every play because he is on the run. He averages 8 yards a carry, and the team is rushing for 200 per contest. He has 2 quality receivers in Shipley and Cosby and the O-Line looks pretty solid.

On the Defense, they are young at safety but the front 7 is outstanding. 4 Seniors on the D-Line and some very fast physical linebackers in Muckelroy,Bobino and Kindle. They have one of the best D-Lines in the country in my opinion, as well as one of the top punters. One weakness I have noticed is the kickoff coverage...its very poor. However, This will be no cakewalk Sooners. I say we win 28-21.
You may wanna watch the Colorado game if you have not seen them play. They are flying under the radar..but this is a dangerous opponent. Our offensive line vs. their Defensive line will determine this game. Sam on the run would not be cool.

I think Colorado keeps it close.

It will be a good game, but in the end I think we have the better team and that will make the difference in the end.

35-24 OU

:pop:

The Maestro
9/30/2008, 07:24 PM
First things first....

I've watched a lot of Texas...always do early in the season. I will just reserve judgement until after this week. I think Texas is totally untested to this point. Freaking Rice is the best team they have played.

BoulderSooner79
9/30/2008, 08:22 PM
I think Colorado keeps it close.

It will be a good game, but in the end I think we have the better team and that will make the difference in the end.

35-24 OU

:pop:

I don't see the buffs keeping it close, but hey, they did it to us in game 5 last year. CU looks really *slow* at the LB positions and they've lost 2 of their starting O-line to injuries. I see UT winning handily, which still won't tell us much. But just because a team hasn't played a good team doesn't mean they are not good - just means we don't know.

CK Sooner
9/30/2008, 08:25 PM
I don't see the buffs keeping it close, but hey, they did it to us in game 5 last year. CU looks really *slow* at the LB positions and they've lost 2 of their starting O-line to injuries. I see UT winning handily, which still won't tell us much. But just because a team hasn't played a good team doesn't mean they are not good - just means we don't know.

Texas has lost a couple of Key players too.

BIG_IKE
9/30/2008, 09:36 PM
This is true...

We cant really tell if ANYONE is truly good just yet..

People THOUGHT Virginia was good..
THOUGHT..West Virginia, Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson were good.

So far, we cant really say if Texas, Mizzou, O-State or Kansas are truly good.
On one hand Kansas was the #1 team last year, but it hadnt played the 5 best teams in its conference yet! Mizzou has not lost to anyone but us since 2006..

But the fact remains, no one has played anyone. I especially think OSU and Tech have not been tested. Tech is less than impressive in its wins..

And Texas...well Texas LOOKS impressive...but they have not played a quality opponent. In all honesty we wont know if they are good until we play them. You never know which Colorado team will show up.

SoonerKnight
10/1/2008, 02:49 AM
saxet sucks!!!

SoonerKnight
10/1/2008, 02:50 AM
really sucks!!

Sooner in Tampa
10/1/2008, 06:16 AM
sucks hard!!

Sooner in Tampa
10/1/2008, 06:17 AM
Sorry guys, but I am nervous as hell EVERY week. If the Beavers can lay one on SUC the way they did, whose to say that Baylor can't lay the same crap on us.

Sexat and the Pokes scare the most. I hate when we play in stoolwater...they are always too close for my liking.

8timechamps
10/2/2008, 04:33 PM
This coming week is probably the last "easy" game left.

I know, I know...you can't overlook anyone, but if we drop one to Baylor, we don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Nation Champion Contender.