PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Stevens

JLEW1818
9/29/2008, 06:55 PM
Does he make any of ya'll nervous every time he kicks an extra point?
I believe he has 1 field goal on the year. I just think at some point in the season a game might come down to him on a field goal. This scares me more then our kickoff team. Was he a proving kicker in high school?? I'd like to hear a little more information on the kid. Hartley stepped up great his freshman year I do recall. I know obviously we are not going to kick a field goal on third down against Baylor. But do you think Stoops will do some short run plays if its 3rd and long inside the 40, just to give the kid some more chances before we get in the meat of our schedule??? If the score is already ran up?

DallasSooner87
9/29/2008, 07:01 PM
Does he make any of ya'll nervous every time he kicks an extra point?
I believe he has 1 field goal on the year. I just think at some point in the season a game might come down to him on a field goal. This scares me more then our kickoff team. Was he a proving kicker in high school?? I'd like to hear a little more information on the kid. Hartley stepped up great his freshman year I do recall. I know obviously we are not going to kick a field goal on third down against Baylor. But do you think Stoops will do some short run plays if its 3rd and long inside the 40, just to give the kid some more chances before we get in the meat of our schedule??? If the score is already ran up?

It scares me about as much as W. pressing the big red button on his last day in office.

Curly Bill
9/29/2008, 07:03 PM
Yeah, from watching his XP's go all over the place I'd say he's far from a sure bet.

OU-HSV
9/29/2008, 07:06 PM
Makes me nervous everytime...just as I mentioned in this thread:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121034

Jeronimo
9/29/2008, 08:14 PM
count me in as nervous too. not too many of his xp's go straight. I'm wondering how this guy beat Tress Way.

8timechamps
9/29/2008, 08:17 PM
I think I've taken our kicking game for granted over the years. This year is a dose of reality.

SoonerStud615
9/29/2008, 08:31 PM
He was a great kicker at Heritage Hall in high school. He was the 11th rated kicker in his class (Scout.com). I believe he hit a couple 55+ yarders in High School and broke the record for most field goals in a season his senior year.

MojoRisen
9/29/2008, 08:37 PM
He is supposed to be accurate as hell inside 45 yards... Practice as well. Not sure why his extra points are sprayed like they are - but apparently he is solid in practice and they do "critical situation" practice. Hit the feild goal or everyone else runs why you eat a jelly filled donut... type practice.

VA Sooner
9/29/2008, 09:05 PM
Someone's nervous on the big stage.... kicker or holder?

Soonerus
9/29/2008, 09:07 PM
Give him a chance to perform...he'll do fine...

SoonerKnight
9/30/2008, 12:48 AM
He is young and probably gets nervous...

JLEW1818
9/30/2008, 01:37 AM
He needs some practice against Baylor I think.

JLEW1818
9/30/2008, 01:39 AM
Or we could just false start 4 times in a row during the extra point, move it back and let him practice.