PDA

View Full Version : Demarcus Granger

CK Sooner
9/29/2008, 03:47 PM
Any word on how is rehab is going. It said he would most likely be back in 3-4 weeks, so do you think he will be back for Texas?

Widescreen
9/29/2008, 03:48 PM
Personally, no. He's going to have to put a ton of pressure on his foot and he'll be badly out of shape (he struggles with this anyway). My prediction is that it will be announced sometime prior to the Texas game that he's going to have the surgery so he can come back possibly by spring practice.

CK Sooner
9/29/2008, 03:50 PM
Personally, no. He's going to have to put a ton of pressure on his foot and he'll be badly out of shape (he struggles with this anyway). My prediction is that it will be announced sometime prior to the Texas game that he's going to have the surgery so he can come back possibly by spring practice.

:(

It is true that he is out of shape, but he still would make a difference if he recovers in time.

Widescreen
9/29/2008, 03:55 PM
By the way, that was an opinion. I have no inside information.

CK Sooner
9/29/2008, 04:08 PM
By the way, that was an opinion. I have no inside information.

I know :(

rainiersooner
9/29/2008, 04:15 PM
God hates Texas. He'll be back.

Since71ASooner4Life
9/29/2008, 05:33 PM
My prediction is that it will be announced sometime prior to the Texas game that he's going to have the surgery so he can come back possibly by spring practice.

I thought he was having surgery regardless, and the issue of whether or not he plays again this year had to do with whether or not some type of "pin" had to be inserted

DallasSooner87
9/29/2008, 07:06 PM
So here is a benefit of being in the Pride. He was on the sidelines as we walked by, and a buddy of mine asked him when he thought he would be back. Demarcus said by Saxet. Now what a doctor says is another matter.

CK Sooner
9/29/2008, 07:13 PM
So here is a benefit of being in the Pride. He was on the sidelines as we walked by, and a buddy of mine asked him when he thought he would be back. Demarcus said by Saxet. Now what a doctor says is another matter.

GOOD NEWS

JLEW1818
9/29/2008, 07:14 PM
I think it was stated a few weeks ago that he was not having surgery..

MojoRisen
9/29/2008, 07:24 PM
We had a Bye, so that would be 4 weeks to 3.5 in rehab... I was thinking he may be back after Kansas.. If he says he will be back for Texas that is awesome.

He passed on surgery so he would have a chance to return this year. Surgery would have knocked him out for the year.

CK Sooner
9/29/2008, 07:33 PM
I think it was stated a few weeks ago that he was not having surgery..

Yep

CK Sooner
9/29/2008, 07:34 PM
We NEED him for Texas.

Game changer.

Blitzkrieg
9/29/2008, 09:09 PM
So here is a benefit of being in the Pride.

I'm glad you get inside skinny as a benefit, you know, as a make up for never getting laid;)

PLaw
9/29/2008, 09:16 PM

If we could get 10 plays from him against the whorns, then that would be huge.

My hunch is that if he does come back, then it will be later in October.

Boomer

VA Sooner
9/29/2008, 09:21 PM
I thought Adrian Taylor did a fine job replacing Granger. Is it my imagination or does English look a little slower now or is that the rest of the line is getting faster?

joejon_gresham
9/29/2008, 09:33 PM
I thought Adrian Taylor did a fine job replacing Granger. Is it my imagination or does English look a little slower now or is that the rest of the line is getting faster?

English absolutely does not look slower in my opinion. However, maybe it was just because I replayed the play where TCU was backed up against their own goal line over and over because I was AMAZED at the way English exploded off the line and hit the QB right after he let the ball go. If you have a chance to watch that play do it! Wow. :eek:

SoonerFrance
9/29/2008, 10:30 PM
Would be great if Granger could be back for UT AND be effective. Seems doubtful based on what he looked like with his crutches at TCU game. Cordero Moore did a great job in relief vs. TCU. A tackle for loss (or was it a sack?) and a knocked down pass on consecutive downs in late third quarter. He looked quick and aggressive.

SoFla Sooner
9/29/2008, 10:36 PM
Well, I heard today that he is progressing well, and may be back sooner that we thought. That, of course may be complete BS, because it was definitely second hand info, but, no need to be gloomy just yet.

As opposed to some other recent injuries, we have yet to get further negative reports. So cheer up!

SoonerFrance
10/1/2008, 11:37 PM
I think that may be complete BS. And I am cheery. I am simply pointing out the fact of the matter.

Granger was grimacing, unwilling to put weight on his foot, and seemed incapable of putting 100 percent into a game setting anytime soon, based on my perception only. But, what the heck do I know? I heal much slower than young adults, so I probably am unable to relate.

Besides, Cordero Moore showed flashes of brilliance in the TCU game. If he can play that way always -- if he can fulfill Coach Merv Johnson's prophetic statement that "he has just been waitin' for a chance" -- then the DL is in good shape, even without Granger. But of course, the more depth, the better.

OU_Sooners75
10/2/2008, 02:50 AM

Badly out of shape?

Did they get rid of the swimiming pool? Did they get rid of the weight training and upper body conditioning programs?

I have had a much worse ankle injury, and trust me. If he and the trainers are dedicated in getting him back before the end of the season...there will be no reason he couldn't be back for Texas or Kansas.

And the Badly out of shape comment....I doubt he will stop doing conditioning. Pool excerises are an excellent way for him to stay in shape.

LesNessman
10/2/2008, 08:01 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121405

TheHumanAlphabet
10/2/2008, 08:15 AM
Stoops said Granger would be practicing by Texas week...

Widescreen
10/2/2008, 09:44 AM
Badly out of shape?

Did they get rid of the swimiming pool? Did they get rid of the weight training and upper body conditioning programs?

I have had a much worse ankle injury, and trust me. If he and the trainers are dedicated in getting him back before the end of the season...there will be no reason he couldn't be back for Texas or Kansas.

And the Badly out of shape comment....I doubt he will stop doing conditioning. Pool excerises are an excellent way for him to stay in shape.

You apparently haven't been following Demarcus Granger very much. He always struggles with conditioning and rarely comes into camp at the right weight. So unless someone is riding his butt, I have concerns that he's not <insert whatever conditioning exercise someone with his injury can do>. I hope I'm wrong.