PDA

View Full Version : USC vs tOSU

BornandBred
9/29/2008, 03:27 PM
Everyone seems to be giving USC a shot to come back and be in the title game. Now, I think that's it's fair to assume that if both win out and the planets align, USC gets the nod cause they beat tOSU, but is that the only reason?
I realize it's most likely the unbridled love the pollsters have for the Trojans. And normally, I would not even ask this, but tOSU lost to USC, wouldn't you think USC would fall a bit further for having lost to an unranked? I know the media loves USC, and I know the large market is the driving force. But, nobody has even hinted that tOSU could make the MNC, and I would suspect it's due to the SoS.

Is the Pac10 that much of a tougher conference than the Big 10? I'm genuinely curious.

JLEW1818
9/29/2008, 06:41 PM
I hate usc first of all but I'll be honest.

Go ahead and take a look back at the 2006 season.

They lost to Oregon State also, and it was in the middle of the season. October 28 to be exact. Then dropped from 2 to 9.

This is the year that tOSU and Michigan were both undfeated going into their rival game.

Anyway as most of ya'll know USC got back into the number 2 ranking 4 weeks later.

Remember Michigan with 1 loss went from 2 to 3 without even playing.

They COULD have went to the National title game but lost their last game to UCLA.

I'm just saying it could happen. But I don't think their team this year is in the Top 3 of the Carroll decade, that he has coached.