PDA

View Full Version : Question about Fox Sports Net

KingBarry
9/29/2008, 11:52 AM
I just signed up for the sports package from my local digital cable TV provider (ComCast, Alexandria, Virginia) last week, just barely in time to watch the TCU game Saturday night.

I see that Baylor will be again televised by FSN.

My question is -- due to my subscription to the "Sports Tier" on ComCast, am I certain to get the Baylor game? (Sic 'em is promising a down-to-the-wire nail biter, and I don't want to miss it.)

Or does FSN offer regional broadcasts that, here on the East Coast, might or might not include Baylor?

Thanks to anyone who can understand my badly framed question and give an answer.

frankensooner
9/29/2008, 11:53 AM
I think if you have FSN SouthWest, you should be golden. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/29/2008, 11:56 AM
If your cable package is good enough, and you buy as many sports channels as they offer...you should get FSN Southwest. I watched the Bedlam game in my uncle's basement last year on FSNSW...no slingbox required. And he lives in Chicago.

Aries
9/29/2008, 12:05 PM
I think if you have FSN SouthWest, you should be golden. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

This is my understanding as well.

Red October
9/29/2008, 12:40 PM
Local cable companies suck! Get direct TV!!!! I will never go back to cable.

KingBarry
9/29/2008, 01:27 PM
right now the FSN packages show no OU game in the NEast area...stand by to send nasty notes to comcast.

I am NOT happy with this information.

But I will do more studying of this "sports tier" i have purchased.

Though in all fairness it is only 5 bucks a month, and i get the Bo Pelini Show, so who cares?

schooner phil
9/29/2008, 03:02 PM
I live in the DC Area, and I have noticed on certain occasions CSN will pick the game up if its on FSN, as they did Saturday night, and the CSNHD channel 251 on Comcast will cover the Baylor game this week.

But your sports tier package should give you "FCS Central" Channel 263 for Comcast which covers FSN Southwest games.

cvsooner
9/29/2008, 03:32 PM
I'm on the West Coast and FSN shows the game as Baylor and OU. FSW also will have Baylor and OU.

bluedogok
9/29/2008, 09:42 PM
I have Directv and the "Sports Pack" option and I get pretty much all the college games on the RSN's (Regional Sports Networks) every weekend. The only things blacked out are the ESPN Gameplan games. I am pretty sure it works the same way on cable, the people here with Time Warner Cable and the sports option get it pretty much the same as I do.

SoFla Sooner
9/29/2008, 10:40 PM
For those of us who live in remote areas of the country related to Norman, Oklahoma, Direct TV is the answer, and GamePlan is your friend. Believe it!

Bosley
9/29/2008, 10:46 PM
I just signed up for the sports package from my local digital cable TV provider (ComCast, Alexandria, Virginia) last week, just barely in time to watch the TCU game Saturday night.

I see that Baylor will be again televised by FSN.

My question is -- due to my subscription to the "Sports Tier" on ComCast, am I certain to get the Baylor game? (Sic 'em is promising a down-to-the-wire nail biter, and I don't want to miss it.)

Or does FSN offer regional broadcasts that, here on the East Coast, might or might not include Baylor?

Thanks to anyone who can understand my badly framed question and give an answer.

Hey man I'm an OU grad in the DC area, you should make your way out to a DC capital Club watch party and Mackie's in Crystal City.

jrboomersooner
9/29/2008, 11:33 PM
I live in hawaii and they are showing it here as well. down side is that its a 6am kickoff for me. bloody mary's for breakfast.
just a side note---be sure to check the hd fsn channel as well even if it says "off air". It said that last week and we got the entire game.

Scott D
9/30/2008, 12:03 AM
if your sports tier has more than 1 fsn channel then you will likely get the game. the northeastern ones tend to lean toward coverage of the little podunk schools that are 1-aa, d2, d3, etc on their coverage, and play the national games later on in the day.

ousooners182
9/30/2008, 04:39 AM
Yeah im in tennessee and it shows on 261..the comcast fsn central channel or whatever..yeah last week the ou baylor game wasnt showing on the game and i was starting to freak out but i ended up finding it on the css channel..which for me was like 28..but with the comcast 5 dollars a month sports package (GREAT DEAL) it shows all the games that are on fsn im pretty sure woot woot

KingBarry
10/2/2008, 10:34 AM
Hey man I'm an OU grad in the DC area, you should make your way out to a DC capital Club watch party and Mackie's in Crystal City.

Bosley -- Thanks for the invite. I may make it out to Crystal City sometime this year. I used to go all the time, but had too many bad experiences with too few TVs, or bad location, what have you.

I get a much better view at home, but I do miss the camaraderaderie.

KingBarry
10/2/2008, 10:39 AM
OK, checked the channel line up for Saturday.

First news -- Hey, I got FSN SW. Jumpin' for joy. Wait a minute, Holy Toledo, what is that scheduled all day on FSN SW? Not the Sooners, no, it's English Premiership Soccer. Oh, the humanity. I would rather bathe in urine than watch soccer, and it's blasphemy to pre-empt Oklahoma Football for that heathen sport.

Second news -- I do see a "Big XII Football Game" scheduled at about 12:30, so maybe that's us. I'll cross my freakin' fingers.

Scott D
10/2/2008, 11:02 AM
that would be us.