PDA

View Full Version : are the TCU fans still talking smack?

picasso
9/29/2008, 09:50 AM
thanks, I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

badger
9/29/2008, 10:01 AM
What horned frogs look like after a 35-10 facial:
http://i35.tinypic.com/2ywsev6.jpg

Boomer.....
9/29/2008, 10:02 AM
Slimer?

OKLA21FAN
9/29/2008, 10:05 AM
the only thing close to 'smack' talk was and TCU fan at LN wearing his '2005 TCU schedule and results' Tshirt and he jokingly ask me if I had a problem with the first game list. I told him 'no....but I really have a problem with week 2' (refering to TCU's loss to SMU the week after beating OU)

we all got a giggle out of that one

The TCU fans that made the trip up to Norman were very good, and knowledgeable about their team and about OU, both before and after the game.

swardboy
9/29/2008, 10:25 AM
I think they croaked....

frankensooner
9/29/2008, 10:31 AM
I'm really glad that TCUPenguin shut his trap.

birddog
9/29/2008, 10:41 AM

it's crazy. he's so anit-OU that his favorite team is the team that plays us each week.:D

a-ghey-ish. ;)

Widescreen
9/29/2008, 11:19 AM
There were 2 TCU idiots sitting 3 rows behind me. They spent most of the 1st half telling Stoops to shut up. They left before halftime and never came back. :D

There were also a group of TCU college students hanging out in front of the concession area that were chanting "OU Sucks" right before the game. I'm pretty sure they were all drunk.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/29/2008, 11:24 AM
And now for some post-game TCU smack.

"insert crickets here"

Now, back to the rest of our schedule.

FroggyStyle22
9/29/2008, 11:40 AM
OK I'll oblige......

OU is the absolute worst team to be a hell of a lot better than everyone else this year.

Sam Bradford is so bad that he couldn't even pass for 412 yards against us.

How's that for ya:)

KingBarry
9/29/2008, 11:56 AM
Ha ha, you suck so bad we held you below 50 points. WELL below 50 points.

stoopified
9/29/2008, 12:39 PM
it's crazy. he's so anit-OU that his favorite team is the team that plays us each week.:D

a-ghey-ish. ;)Guess he just likes rooting for losers.

Animal Mother
9/29/2008, 03:38 PM
I just read the Fort Worth paper and Patterson said TCU "gave it away". If anyone else already posted this you can sue me.

Gary Patterson says TCU 'gave one away’ in loss to Oklahoma Sooners

By MERCEDES MAYER
[email protected] ([email protected])
TCU coach Gary Patterson called it like he saw it after his team’s 35-10 loss to No. 2 Oklahoma on Saturday night.
Too many penalties by TCU. Too many big plays in the first half for the Sooners. Not enough energy offensively when the Horned Frogs reached the red zone.
All of that was evident, but on Sunday, the most frustrating part for Patterson seemed to be that he felt the Frogs gave the game away.
"They are the No. 1 team in the nation," he said, "and we gave one away. I give all the credit to Oklahoma, but we helped them a lot.
"We let them have too many easy plays early, and when we finally woke up and decided to go play football, it was too late."
Oklahoma (4-0), which moved up to No. 1 in The Associated Press Top 25 on Sunday, gained 218 yards on four passing touchdowns, which was exactly half the Sooners’ total yardage in the game.
After TCU (4-1) gave up 222 yards in the first quarter — and fell behind 21-3 — the Frogs gave up 214 yards the rest of the game, although 118 yards came on two of those long scoring passes.
"We play as hard as anybody in college football, but we’ve got to play smart," Patterson said. "We played at a high level. We were very physical."
Oklahoma made the Frogs pay a couple of times with its quick-strike no-huddle offense, catching TCU when it was trying to change personnel groups and also while the Frogs were in zone coverage.
And Patterson pointed out that the Frogs had chances for takeaways — Sam Bradford passes hit TCU’s Steven Coleman and Jason Phillips in the hands and Robert Henson batted one in the air — but they couldn’t hang on to them.
"I’m not very happy, not because of losing," Patterson said. "It’s more about how we lost."
On Sunday, Patterson led a meeting with the back seven — the linebackers, safeties and corners — in which they watched the OU game film together to ensure a level of accountability.
"Sometimes when you watch it as a whole group, it has a little more meaning than when you watch it as an [individual] group," he said. "It wasn’t a negative meeting. But the way we play defense you have to be accountable because it’s very assignment-oriented."
Looking ahead
The Frogs are 3-0 all-time against San Diego State, all coming in Mountain West Conference play. Playing the Aztecs a week after OU might actually be a good thing for TCU. San Diego State coach Chuck Long was at Oklahoma from 1999-2005, the last four as the Sooners’ offensive coordinator. The Aztecs (1-3) are similar to OU in that they like taking shots deep down the field. The Sooners had four touchdown passes of 24 yards or more Saturday.
Room to improve
The Frogs were in the red zone four times against Oklahoma but came away with only 10 points. TCU’s first drive began at the Oklahoma 11-yard line after Aaron Brown’s 75-yard kickoff return. But the Frogs’ possession went for minus-4 yards and ended with a field goal. A touchdown might have changed the complexion of the game and settled the visiting Frogs.
"Coming out of your end zone and coming in, you have to turn up the energy," Patterson said. "We did not do that."
Injury update TCU quarterback Andy Dalton sat out Sunday’s practice after suffering a right knee injury against Oklahoma. Patterson said he should be OK for Saturday’s game.

OKLA21FAN
9/29/2008, 03:41 PM
I don't think Patterson is that far off.

TCU is a pretty good football team that in all honesty spotted a top 5 team in their barn 14+ points early in the game.

quarters number 2 and number 3 were pretty even IMO

FroggyStyle22
9/29/2008, 03:47 PM
I don't think Patterson is that far off.

TCU is a pretty good football team that in all honesty spotted a top 5 team in their barn 14+ points early in the game.

Patterson is not the kind of guy to not give respect to the other team. He's obviouslly frustrated by the turnovers and busted assignments. We gave it away in that we didn't make you guys work hard enough for it in the first quarter.

Animal Mother
9/29/2008, 03:56 PM
Patterson is not the kind of guy to not give respect to the other team. He's obviouslly frustrated by the turnovers and busted assignments. We gave it away in that we didn't make you guys work hard enough for it in the first quarter.

Riiiight!!!

TCU gave it away by not having enough speed at corner to stay with Manny so they tripped over their own cleats. Manny 21 TCU 10

If TCU gave it away we had to take it.

This NCAA football not the Continental Basketball Association

FroggyStyle22
9/29/2008, 04:00 PM
Dude settle down. No one is saying that OU wasn't the vastly superior team or that any thing TCU would have done differently would have changed who won the game. Just saying that we could have made it less easy on you.

Animal Mother
9/29/2008, 04:05 PM
Dude settle down. No one is saying that OU wasn't the vastly superior team or that any thing TCU would have done differently would have changed who won the game. Just saying that we could have made it less easy on you.

Dude!! Eat sh!t and live. This is an OU board. If you don't like it lump it.

FroggyStyle22
9/29/2008, 04:15 PM

Newsflash buddy. I grew up in Norman and have always been an OU fan. I just happened to go to TCU. If you don't want to talk about TCU on "your" board don't post in topics about TCU.

By the way the internet muscles are very very impressive. You must workout.

CK Sooner
9/29/2008, 04:18 PM

Are you also an OSU fan?

Enough with this if we did this differently sh**.

They didn't and they still suck, congrats.

:D

Animal Mother
9/29/2008, 04:27 PM
Newsflash buddy. I grew up in Norman and have always been an OU fan. I just happened to go to TCU. If you don't want to talk about TCU on "your" board don't post in topics about TCU.

By the way the internet muscles are very very impressive. You must workout.

Here's a newsflash for you Schwartzanegger. When you use the term "we" it tells me you're a TCU fan not an OU fan. Straighten out your pronoun problems and you might do better.And "lump it" doesn't mean I'm threatening you. If you want to interpret it as such, knock yourself all the way out. Also I said "OU board" not to mention that I didn't start this thread. I'm thinking you're not a communications major.

the_ouskull
9/29/2008, 04:46 PM
I think that you both talk smack like a couple of freaking junior high girls in a slap fight and the only thing more annoying than reading it is the realization that I not only read it, but felt obliged to comment on it.

I hope that you both bring more game than this the week before we play Tejas...

the_ouskull

BigUgly
9/29/2008, 04:46 PM
Here's a newsflash for you Schwartzanegger. When you use the term "we" it tells me you're a TCU fan not an OU fan. Straighten out your pronoun problems and you might do better.And "lump it" doesn't mean I'm threatening you. If you want to interpret it as such, knock yourself all the way out. Also I said "OU board" not to mention that I didn't start this thread. I'm thinking you're not a communications major.

I'm thinking you're a ******.

Animal Mother
9/29/2008, 04:54 PM
I'm thinking you're a ******.

If you were able to think we'd all be in trouble. You're probably just another troll without the stones to admit it.

And ouskull, if you're talking to me back the f*ck down off me. If you're not talking to me stay where you are.There are so many whiney twunts on this board that always add hostility to something that is just plain old smartassery. What is up with that? Some little TCU toad gets riled up because I said "eat sh!t and live" and "lump it" and now I ran over his grandma???

soonerboomer93
9/29/2008, 04:54 PM
:les: CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!!

fwsooner22
9/29/2008, 04:55 PM
Boys I live in Fort Worth and eat this "stuff" all the time. Just let them have their denial. I read that crap this morning and wanted to puke. Then I remembered that he has to continue to convince everyone that they are "on the map" which they are not. They have a shot at being so.....beat Utah and BYU......then lets see. That is not gonna happen. Til then TCU got their BUTTS whipped by OU. All those people driving up I-35 at 11:00 AM on Sat. were not thinking ....." I hope we can stay within 20 point of big bad OU".......they came to Norman thinking they were going to win and now they are making excuses......That is TCU, ever the little sister...........

We are coming to play them here in 3 years. That won't end it either.

Animal Mother
9/29/2008, 04:57 PM
:les: CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!!

I beg your pardon sir!!! I am not crippled I'm just horizontally depressed.

Animal Mother
9/29/2008, 04:59 PM
Boys I live in Fort Worth and eat this "stuff" all the time. Just let them have their denial. I read that crap this morning and wanted to puke. Then I remembered that he has to continue to convince everyone that they are "on the map" which they are not. They have a shot at being so.....beat Utah and BYU......then lets see. That is not gonna happen. Til then TCU got their BUTTS whipped by OU. All those people driving up I-35 at 11:00 AM on Sat. were not thinking ....." I hope we can stay within 20 point of big bad OU".......they came to Norman thinking they were going to win and now they are making excuses......That is TCU, ever the little sister...........

WHAT YOU SAID!!!
I had to listen to several toads last week here at work. They had nothing to say today. Their coach torqued me off so I am torquing back.

SoonerStormchaser
9/29/2008, 05:00 PM

I know...I was about to go all ape**** on his *** the way I did 20xx!:mad: ;)

picasso
9/29/2008, 05:19 PM
I got a giggle every time their fans booed the refs. like they didn't get a gift on our first TD. nice game bitches.

FroggyStyle22
9/29/2008, 05:21 PM

Unfortunately I have to agree with most of this. The inferiority complex of most of our fans is very annoying. I wish that people would stop bringing up our record versus the big12 or the BCS. The majority of those games were against teams that are middle of the road teams AT BEST.

However, most of the people I talked to knew we didn't have a realistic shot at this game. I was just hoping to keep it close and not get anyone hurt before conference play starts.

hopefully in 3 years we will be able to give you guys a little better fight.

85sooners
9/29/2008, 06:23 PM
:pop:

the_ouskull
9/29/2008, 09:30 PM
...and ouskull, if you're talking to me back the f*ck down off me. If you're not talking to me stay where you are. There are so many whiney twunts on this board that always add hostility to something that is just plain old smartassery.

If your own advice was worth a sh*t, perhaps you'd be smart enough to take it. What makes you think that there's any hostility in what I'm saying? Perhaps there are simply people out there whose powers of "smartassery" exceed your own, and you're not able to fully appreciate it because you're too busy engaging in the very same "whiney [sic] twunt" slapfights that you seem to simultaneously condemn.

...I'll "back the f*ck down off of you now, 'cause you have a really intimidating internet handle, and because you told me to. Just know that, while I'm ALL for policing the board against posters from other schools (and our own) that don't know their role, there are some that you just have to throw back. I'd say that when we clear 25 on the alleged #1 ranked defense in the country, our team's play says enough. Take their sour grapes, make some prison wine, and save your energy for the schools that we actually dislike instead of the ones that are merely trip trap trapping on our bridges... It'll make for a longer shelf life.

Hmmm... I guess I didn't back off at all. I'd say "my bad," but it wasn't. I'd act like I care, but I don't. I just want my message boards to be happy places...

the_ouskull

RiddlerOK
9/29/2008, 09:53 PM
Give that man another case of Red Bull!

Sooner in Tampa
9/30/2008, 07:31 AM
Not bravdo...just a dipstick of monumental proportions

OU won't win out. They struggled early against Cincinnati and weren't all that dominant against us despite us playing so poorly. At this point, they very well could lose to both UT and Oklahoma State, and most assuredly will get drilled by Missouri if they end up making the Big XII championship game. They get KU and TT in Norman, or else they'd probably lose those two as well.

And then some good stuff from the toads

QUOTE(Big Frog II @ Sep 28 2008, 11:48 AM) http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/style_images/killerfrog/post_snapback.gif (http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?act=findpost&pid=217560)
Finally, I want to congratulate the OU fans who rank as some of the most courteous fans I have seen, and I have seen a lot of out of town games. They go to the game, they support their team, and they go home without harassing the visitors. There are a number of schools out there who should take notice.

Agreed. The OU fans that I talked to were great. Very complimentary of our team after the loss and very cordial before the game. Sporting my purple after the game near campus corner, I got received nothing but friendliness. Too bad some other fans in the Big 12 are so classless.

picasso
9/30/2008, 01:23 PM
TCU is lucky Bob called off the dogs. we could have just thrown seam passes all night. sheesh. dorks.

Hot Rod
9/30/2008, 01:42 PM
TCU is lucky Bob called off the dogs. we could have just thrown seam passes all night. sheesh. dorks.

Yup! So true.

Big D Sooner
9/30/2008, 02:27 PM

Wow. You are stupid. What Froggystyle22 said was that they could have made it less easy, not that they gave it away. He's right, they stacked the box and dared Sam Bradford to beat them and, guess what, Bradford did just that.

As for this lovely bit of "love it or leave it" sort of crap, just shut up.

Animal Mother
9/30/2008, 03:19 PM
Wow. You are stupid. What Froggystyle22 said was that they could have made it less easy, not that they gave it away. He's right, they stacked the box and dared Sam Bradford to beat them and, guess what, Bradford did just that.

You and OU Skull can go **** yourselvers. I have never seen many people that one can't take a joke and two think they're are moderators. Do your mommies still curt your food up for you? And learn to read Big Dubazz Sooner. You nad Doogie Style would make great politicians since you put words where they never belonged. And OU Skull double **** you for thinking I was claiming I was king smartass. You're probably another 21 year old that thinks they're tough and smart because mommy and daddy said so.

Animal Mother
9/30/2008, 03:26 PM

You and OU Skull can go **** yourselves. I have never seen many people that can't take a joke. Do your mommies still cut your food up for you? And learn to read Big Dumbazz Sooner. You and Doogie Style would make great politicians since you like to quote me for something I never said. And OU Skull double **** you for saying I claimed to be king smartass. You're probably another 21 year old that thinks they're tough and smart because mommy and daddy said so.It's the internet and if you can't dish it out and take it, don't start. You're a bunch of paranoid bonersniffers that take everything seriously because you're so unsure of your manhood or whatever that any challenge real or perceived(in this case perceived)makes you wet your pants.

rondog79
9/30/2008, 03:26 PM
come on caint we all just get along lol

CK Sooner
9/30/2008, 03:27 PM
come on caint we all just get along lol

:rolleyes:

Big D Sooner
9/30/2008, 03:34 PM
You and OU Skull can go **** yourselves. I have never seen many people that can't take a joke. Do your mommies still cut your food up for you? And learn to read Big Dumbazz Sooner. You and Doogie Style would make great politicians since you like to quote me for something I never said. And OU Skull double **** you for saying I claimed to be king smartass. You're probably another 21 year old that thinks they're tough and smart because mommy and daddy said so.It's the internet and if you can't dish it out and take it, don't start. You're a bunch of paranoid bonersniffers that take everything seriously because you're so unsure of your manhood or whatever that any challenge real or perceived(in this case perceived)makes you wet your pants.

Wow, man, just wow. You really like to talk about bonersniffing and other people's manhood. Are you crying out for help? Do you need to tell us something?

fossil
9/30/2008, 03:34 PM
:confused: My goodness gracious, such language. I'm gonna have to pray for all of you now......'scuse me...........................................Amen!

There, all better.

OKLA21FAN
9/30/2008, 03:36 PM

point of clarification:

is it okay to talk smack on a thread complaining about other fans talking smack? :pop:

frankensooner
9/30/2008, 03:37 PM
Sounds like someone is about to manstrate. ;)

Animal Mother
9/30/2008, 04:26 PM
point of clarification:

is it okay to talk smack on a thread complaining about other fans talking smack? :pop:

I guess so. I just did it.

Someone explain this selective posturing. I read the same type of exchange between posters. I laugh. I don’t neg spek someone the way Olevet and OKLA21FAN do. I don’t care because it’s a waste of time and I NEVER do it. If they want to neg, no problem. Then OUSKULL takes my smart remark as a threat also. Why all the throwing down of gauntlets???Then Dumbsh!t Dallas misrepresents the whole situation because he hears what he wants to hear. I posted an article form the paper. Anything said about TCU giving the game away that I responded to was from this article. If “lump it” is interpreted as a threat then you can’t be helped. Doggie Style can post all he wants but when he puts himself in the company of the opponent with the use of “we” he will get a response. I don’t care if he grew up in Norman. I grew up in Oklahoma and went to OU. If I went on Tulsa’s board and extolled the virtues of OU and said “we” I wouldn’t expect them to ignore it. So I don’t scare you (wasn’t trying) and you don’t scare me if you were indeed trying. So what’s the problem? I know I don’t use the smile/frown/sarcasm icons much. SO SUE ME!!!

CK Sooner
9/30/2008, 04:28 PM
I guess so. I just did it.

Someone explain this selective posturing. I read the same type of exchange between posters. I laugh. I don’t neg spek someone the way Olevet and OKLA21FAN do. I don’t care because it’s a waste of time and I NEVER do it. If they want to neg, no problem. Then OUSKULL takes my smart remark as a threat also. Why all the throwing down of gauntlets???Then Dumbsh!t Dallas misrepresents the whole situation because he hears what he wants to hear. I posted an article form the paper. Anything said about TCU giving the game away that I responded to was from this article. If “lump it” is interpreted as a threat then you can’t be helped. Doggie Style can post all he wants but when he puts himself in the company of the opponent with the use of “we” he will get a response. I don’t care if he grew up in Norman. I grew up in Oklahoma and went to OU. If I went on Tulsa’s board and extolled the virtues of OU and said “we” I wouldn’t expect them to ignore it. So I don’t scare you (wasn’t trying) and you don’t scare me if you were indeed trying. So what’s the problem? I know I don’t use the smile/frown/sarcasm icons much. SO SUE ME!!!

Don't be talking about OleVet.

:mad:

badger
9/30/2008, 04:31 PM
Heeeeyyyy guyssssss...

Wisconsin's gonna kick ya'll's @$$es back to your hillbilly sheep farm in the national championship. I feel so sorry for your sister, who's actually your wife, and you're gonna beat her, because you're a wife beater wearing a wife beater, yeah yeah. You all talk like you're everything - when's the last time you won a bowl game, hmm? Oh wow, a bunch of Heisman winning running backs, woo hoo, too bad ya'll can't claim the rushing record like the GREAT DAYNE, Badger legend Ron Dayne. On Wisconsin, losers.

~badger

If some n00b bites at this I swear I will die laughing.

Animal Mother
9/30/2008, 04:32 PM
Don't be talking about OleVet.

:mad:

OK!!!! :O

picasso
9/30/2008, 05:10 PM
wow, you's guys TCU fans or what? this is a TCU whiney bag thread you huzzies.

Animal Mother
9/30/2008, 05:15 PM
wow, you's guys TCU fans or what? this is a TCU whiney bag thread you huzzies.

Hey yoos!!! I gots yo boddle of whiney right here!!!

the_ouskull
10/1/2008, 07:09 AM
It's the internet and if you can't dish it out and take it, don't start. You're a bunch of paranoid bonersniffers that take everything seriously because you're so unsure of your manhood or whatever that any challenge real or perceived (in this case perceived) makes you wet your pants.

First of all, did you really just say "bonersniffers?" How old are you, dude, like 50?

Second, don't be such a f*cking hypocrite. You're coming on here preaching about being able to take it and dish it out... Only one of us is having a public meltdown right now, crying and whining out tears of hypocrisy like you were going to bottle and sell them, and their name starts with an "A" and ends with a "nimal Mother."

Third, the fact that everybody's piling on YOU, and not on the guy that is (allegedly) threatening OU's message board and it's way of life with his use of the first-person subjective plural pronoun, "we" should tell you something. Maybe it's a 2/3rds life crisis or something, but you need to figure out the cause of this little meltdown and lock it up because you're making YOURSELF look like an *ss, not us.

Fourth and finally, the fact that you're doing it (another pronoun, get your finger off of the button) with minimal effort tells me that, even though I'm TRYING to reach out a bit here, it's going to fall on dumb, or is it deaf, ah, whichever... ears. So... to save you the trouble, let me type your next post for you:

Rarrrr, grarrrrrr. I'm Animal Mother and I'm big and tough. You all must be too young to get me. I'll bet mommy and daddy blah blah blah. Rarrrrr. I'm from Oklahoma and went to OU so I have street cred and that makes me smart. I'm not scared of people on the internet. Rarrrrr. Blah blah blah. I don't properly space my sentences, and I get way ahead of myself when I type and misspell a lot of words and then growl some more. Rarrrrrr. I'm tough. My parents don't change my diapers anymore. I'm old enough to do it myself. Rarrrrr. I win 'cause I said, even though I don't know what the fight is about. Rarrrr. I'm too new to the board and too paranoid to give any ground and I'm going to tell people to let it go when I really just want them to let me go. Rarrrrr. I'm a hypocrite 'cause I don't think that anybody but me should be able to dish it but not take it. Rarrrrr. I'm old and tough and well-learned.

That about sum you up, guy?

The next time you try to put a foot in the door and keep an argument going, first of all, make sure it's an argument and not just a thinly-veiled personal attack without a purpose, and while you're at it, make sure that you're going to be capable of "net-defending" yourself. This is like swatting a fly with an Escalade for me. I mean, it's not for nothin' that you named yourself after the dumbest guy in the movie, right? I'm going to go and clean up my pants now. I'm pretty sure I wet them in the wake of the awesomeness that was your last post.

Just remember that everybody else that wet theirs (oh God, a possessive pronoun that can, at times, also be used as an adjective - it's a double-agent, take cover!) did so laughing at you, not cowering from you... But not me. You scare me. Must be all that wisdom you picked up in the [fill in however many years you feel are applicable without asking or bothering to find out] years on this Earth that you've got on me.

the_ouskull