PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article on the 2nd Amendment!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/28/2008, 11:28 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/politics/Obama_Wants_NRA_Ads_Banne/2008/09/27/135118.html?s=al&promo_code=6BBA-1

9/29/2008, 09:58 AM
Gawrsh, Shirley one of our SDOB's(Staunch Defenders of Barry) has something to say about this minor peccadilo by the Obama Rotweilers.

9/29/2008, 05:19 PM
JohnnyMack, you believe in self defense, don't you?

StoopTroup
9/29/2008, 05:30 PM
g2utLDRmGaM&feature=related

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/29/2008, 05:32 PM
At the rate we are going, Freedom of Speech is about all we will be able to afford

LosAngelesSooner
9/29/2008, 05:50 PM
Isn't this more of an interesting (debatable) "article on the 1st amendment?"

TIA

By the way, you do know that Newsmax.com is powered by CrZy Joose, don't you?

Jerk
9/29/2008, 06:46 PM
Neal Bortz said they were doing the same thing in mizzery (and the issue wasn't just about guns..it was about any negative ad against Obama)

Jerk
9/29/2008, 06:47 PM
Here it is:

http://governor.mo.gov/cgi-bin/coranto/viewnews.cgi?id=EkkkVFulkpOzXqGMaj&style=Default+News+Style&tmpl=newsitem
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gov. Blunt Statement on Obama Campaign’s Abusive Use of Missouri Law Enforcement

JEFFERSON CITY - Gov. Matt Blunt today issued the following statement on news reports that have exposed plans by U.S. Senator Barack Obama to use Missouri law enforcement to threaten and intimidate his critics.

“St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch, St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce, Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer, and Obama and the leader of his Missouri campaign Senator Claire McCaskill have attached the stench of police state tactics to the Obama-Biden campaign.

“What Senator Obama and his helpers are doing is scandalous beyond words, the party that claims to be the party of Thomas Jefferson is abusing the justice system and offices of public trust to silence political criticism with threats of prosecution and criminal punishment.

“This abuse of the law for intimidation insults the most sacred principles and ideals of Jefferson. I can think of nothing more offensive to Jefferson’s thinking than using the power of the state to deprive Americans of their civil rights. The only conceivable purpose of Messrs. McCulloch, Obama and the others is to frighten people away from expressing themselves, to chill free and open debate, to suppress support and donations to conservative organizations targeted by this anti-civil rights, to strangle criticism of Mr. Obama, to suppress ads about his support of higher taxes, and to choke out criticism on television, radio, the Internet, blogs, e-mail and daily conversation about the election.

“Barack Obama needs to grow up. Leftist blogs and others in the press constantly say false things about me and my family. Usually, we ignore false and scurrilous accusations because the purveyors have no credibility. When necessary, we refute them. Enlisting Missouri law enforcement to intimidate people and kill free debate is reminiscent of the Sedition Acts - not a free society.”

StoopTroup
9/29/2008, 06:58 PM
Isn't this more of an interesting (debatable) "article on the 1st amendment?"

TIA

By the way, you do know that Newsmax.com is powered by CrZy Joose, don't you?

I'd say yes but this little tidbit continues to make my point that Folks keep saying he isn't qualified and has very little experience and you still see stuff like this written which immediately makes me weary of the reasons it was created at all.

Earlier this week, the National Rifle Association's Political Victory Fund released a series of radio and television spots to educate gun owners and sportsmen about Barack Obama's longstanding anti-gun record

Rogue
9/29/2008, 07:16 PM
Interesting that the NRA came around this way. A few months ago, they wouldn't endorse either candidate because they both had bad records on gun rights. This is, IMO, the only thing Palin brings to the table. She's the only 1 of the 4 that comforts me regarding gun rights.

Penguin
9/29/2008, 07:27 PM
I don't know. This is still America. I don't care how liberal a president and/or Congress is, I just don't see the police storming into our houses and taking our guns away.

Yeah, I guess they could make things tougher to get a new gun. But, in that case, I'm sure there will be speakeasy gun shops that will fill the demand. :D

Whet
9/29/2008, 08:25 PM
I don't know. This is still America. I don't care how liberal a president and/or Congress is, I just don't see the police storming into our houses and taking our guns away.

Yeah, I guess they could make things tougher to get a new gun. But, in that case, I'm sure there will be speakeasy gun shops that will fill the demand. :D

Ever been to New Orleans? The local authority there did jut that!
And, apparently you have never lived in Illinois, where you are required to obtain a Firearms Owner Identification Card (FOID), before you can purchase a gun or any ammo. Even if you use a gun in self-defense, if you don't have a FOID, you can be charged with a felony. Yes, this was the Obama/Daley gun control ideas. Obama said he wants to eliminate C&C nationwide...... With John Podesta, the George Soros front man on Center for American Progress, has joined the Obama team. Podesta with the primary driver in the anti-gun legistation of the Clinton Administration.

Penguin
9/29/2008, 10:16 PM

Oh, boy. When people are talking about politics, I never believe any "fact" that seems very convenient. My entire family still lives in South Louisiana and they love their 2nd amendment rights and I've never heard anything about this. Got a link that's not connected to a political website?

And, apparently you have never lived in Illinois, where you are required to obtain a Firearms Owner Identification Card (FOID), before you can purchase a gun or any ammo.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/

It costs $10 for 10 years. It costs $10 for a one-day fishing license in Texas. Now, I admit, it really does sound like an inconvenience and I probably wouldn't be too happy about it.

soonerscuba
9/29/2008, 11:33 PM
Interesting that the NRA came around this way. A few months ago, they wouldn't endorse either candidate because they both had bad records on gun rights. This is, IMO, the only thing Palin brings to the table. She's the only 1 of the 4 that comforts me regarding gun rights.Howard Dean 2012. If the man didn't come off as such a loon he would have won in 2004. He represents me as a new generation of liberal, he feels that the 2nd amendment is a right bestowed on all American citizens. When he was governor he thought CCP were burdensome and unconstitutional, so he got rid of them. Not even Texas has the balls to do that.

SoonerKnight
9/30/2008, 02:15 AM
And, apparently you have never lived in Illinois, where you are required to obtain a Firearms Owner Identification Card (FOID), before you can purchase a gun or any ammo. Even if you use a gun in self-defense, if you don't have a FOID, you can be charged with a felony. Yes, this was the Obama/Daley gun control ideas

In 1968, Illinois enacted legislation to promote and protect the health, safety and welfare of the public by providing a system of identifying persons who are not qualified to acquire or possess firearms and firearm ammunition within the State of Illinois. The Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) Act established a practical and workable system to identify persons prohibited by Section 24-3.1 of the "Criminal Code of 1961" as amended, from acquiring or possessing firearms and firearm ammunition. The Illinois State Police was given the responsibility of administering the Act.

Barack Hussein Obama II born August 4, 1961 It was his idea to write the FOID? :confused:

By the way the other day there was a drive by shooting involving two 16 y/o's and they were found with the gun and a 30 round magezine! :mad: The Brady bill made this an additional felony and would have given these losers more time in the pokie!

Of course I am in LE and I get to keep my guns!!! :D WIN!!!!

SoonerKnight
10/1/2008, 01:40 AM

SoonerKnight
10/1/2008, 02:30 AM

Rogue
10/1/2008, 05:14 AM
SK, don't come in here with all your fancy facts and figures. They've no place on the SO! ;)

OUthunder
10/1/2008, 09:10 AM
And, apparently you have never lived in Illinois, where you are required to obtain a Firearms Owner Identification Card (FOID), before you can purchase a gun or any ammo. Even if you use a gun in self-defense, if you don't have a FOID, you can be charged with a felony. Yes, this was the Obama/Daley gun control ideas. Obama said he wants to eliminate C&C nationwide...... With John Podesta, the George Soros front man on Center for American Progress, has joined the Obama team. Podesta with the primary driver in the anti-gun legistation of the Clinton Administration.

Even the the liberal CNN ran a piece on that story a month ago about the NO police taking guns amd arresting folks for having them in there home during hurricane Katrina.

Pretty eye opening stuff.

Whet
10/1/2008, 10:18 AM
In 1968, Illinois enacted legislation to promote and protect the health, safety and welfare of the public by providing a system of identifying persons who are not qualified to acquire or possess firearms and firearm ammunition within the State of Illinois. The Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) Act established a practical and workable system to identify persons prohibited by Section 24-3.1 of the "Criminal Code of 1961" as amended, from acquiring or possessing firearms and firearm ammunition. The Illinois State Police was given the responsibility of administering the Act.

Barack Hussein Obama II born August 4, 1961 It was his idea to write the FOID? :confused:

By the way the other day there was a drive by shooting involving two 16 y/o's and they were found with the gun and a 30 round magezine! :mad: The Brady bill made this an additional felony and would have given these losers more time in the pokie!

No, the FOID law was already on the books - that Barry had no part in. However, it was he and the anti-gun mayor of Chicago that pushed the part about not providing relief for a homeowner shooting an intruder - if the homeowner did not have a FOID, they would be charged with a felony.

Also, the State Police actually issue the FOIDs and at one point they were delaying issuing any new or renewal cards. The Governor and legistature can instruct the SP on how to spend, or not spend their funds - one of which would be to not issuing FOIDs.

Jerk
10/1/2008, 08:46 PM

So do the people. It's called the Bill of Rights. Win!!!