PDA

View Full Version : Airline seating policy?

XFollower
9/28/2008, 09:07 PM
OK, I love going to a packed out game, and I don't have anything against large people, but should the stadium implement a ticketing process like airlines? If you are too big to sit in one designated seat, should they force you to buy two? This week my wife and I showed up at our seats and the person next to my wife's seat was overlapping and refused to scoot. How do you handle that respectfully?

shaun4411
9/28/2008, 09:10 PM
OK, I love going to a packed out game, and I don't have anything against large people, but should the stadium implement a ticketing process like airlines? If you are too big to sit in one designated seat, should they force you to buy two? This week my wife and I showed up at our seats and the person next to my wife's seat was overlapping and refused to scoot. How do you handle that respectfully?

bring slim fast

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 09:14 PM

Lady in section 107 handled by tellin' em to scoot down or move. she paid for her little piece of bleacher and she damn well intended to use it :texan:

badger
9/28/2008, 09:22 PM
Ok, I have the same issue as you, X. I'm tiny, but realize that not everyone around me is.

I got the idea from Arrowhead Stadium at some Big 12 championship game - you never push and shove to get bleacher space because everyone has their designated seat for their back. Seat... back. Seatbacks.

Get to the game in advance as you can. An hour usually does it. Either carry in your own or rent a seatback. They're $5 and totally worth it if you want dibs on your designated butt sitting area. I have used one ever since becoming a non-student and nobody has ever invaded my seating space with a seatback.

It also has other added benefits. People won't try to stand on your bleacher area (and eww if they do if someone has already spilled soda where they were standing and their shoes are dirty), people trying to move across the way toward the bathroom or concessions won't be as prone to kneeing or bumping you as they go and yes, there's the whole sitting down comfort thing too (but we all know that everyone's standing in front of you, so it's not a biggie).

Seatback. Claim your seating area and stake your boundaries out.

sooner59
9/28/2008, 09:23 PM
You can be positive that lady never went to OU/TEXAS when the folding seats were there, haha. They were not very wide.

Charla
9/28/2008, 09:25 PM
Be nice and ask if they would like some of your popcorn, then they will scoot that fat*** over so you and your popcorn can join them.

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 09:29 PM
It also never hurts to sit down all quick like. If it comes to sitting on you or hanging over the other poor guy, they always pick the latter.

If people on both sides of them do this, then the stand, looking at the space in between the two people with a sad look on their face. Then, they leave and cry into a a couple of pizza boxes in the concourse while watching the remainder of the game on those little TVs.

badger
9/28/2008, 09:35 PM
It also never hurts to sit down all quick like. If it comes to sitting on you or hanging over the other poor guy, they always pick the latter.

If people on both sides of them do this, then the stand, looking at the space in between the two people with a sad look on their face. Then, they leave and cry into a a couple of pizza boxes in the concourse while watching the remainder of the game on those little TVs.

Oh man, I remember attending my first college game, Wisconsin-Minnesota game back in like 2000 - people were wide, yes, but from where we were in the upper deck, everyone stood up on cue to try to see the corner of the field closest to us (and you couldn't, even if you stood)

Being the clever high school student that I was, I chose not to stand once when everyone else did and moved down to where my number was. The people next to me (who were sitting in my seat before) looked a little awkward as they tried to figure out where to go.

I might be little enough to share seat space, but dag nabbit, that doesn't mean I'm gonna give it up!

sooner59
9/28/2008, 09:39 PM
Badger you are awesome. I have never seen you post stupid stuff. Alot of what you post is really good, and you crack me on a regular basis. Keep it up!

badger
9/28/2008, 09:41 PM
Badger you are awesome. I have never seen you post stupid stuff. Alot of what you post is really good, and you crack me on a regular basis. Keep it up!

Just don't call me a dude and we'll be cool :) But seriously though, if you haven't already used the seatbacks, what are you waiting for? You already scalped the ticket for less than face value! What's another $5!

yermom
9/28/2008, 09:41 PM
i'm not a small guy, but i fit in a seat :)

i used to have a whole family of "not small" people on my row, there was often not enough space. i'd rather stand up anyway

but i f'ing hate seatbacks. it makes it that much worse when the jackass comes back with their corndogs during kickoff

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 09:48 PM
We had that problem the first two games but did the seatback thing this week and had no problem.

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 09:49 PM
We had that problem the first two games but did the seatback thing this week and had no problem.

Great, first we pay for water, now we pay extra just to have our seats, wtf?!:D :D

badger
9/28/2008, 09:53 PM
Great, first we pay for water, now we pay extra just to have our seats, wtf?!:D :D

Um, you can carry in both a water bottle and a seatback :)

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 09:53 PM
Um, you can carry in both a water bottle and a seatback :)

Brilliant!:D

badger
9/28/2008, 10:00 PM
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l266/Revolos55/Macros/GuinnessBrilliant.jpg

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 10:02 PM
Football fans "little helper" (http://www.pocketshot.net/home/index.php)

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 10:05 PM

Since it's "we" why don't you just buy our water and our seatback and "we" won't have to complain? :D

sooner59
9/28/2008, 10:07 PM
Yep, I recommended this in another thread. They actually promote this in the liquor stores as a must have for gamedays. Pretty easy to get in the gates.

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 10:08 PM
Since it's "we" why don't you just buy our water and our seatback and "we" won't have to complain?

I sneak my water in thank you. Along with some of my "little helper"

Sooner24
9/28/2008, 10:09 PM
I sneak my water in thank you. Along with some of my "little helper"

You take a penis pump to the game? :eek:

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 10:23 PM
You take a penis pump to the game? :eek:

No!

That's my little helper's little helper. duh:D

TheHumanAlphabet
9/29/2008, 09:04 AM

Rent a chair back and place it centered over the number.

olevetonahill
9/29/2008, 09:29 AM

Since Im a Gentleman and Master of Tact i would have very gently said
MOVE yer FAT ***
But thats just me Im my unassuming way ;)

OUMallen
9/29/2008, 09:48 AM
Chairback is the easiest solution. Also, just being honest, tactful, but firm works too- "I apologize, but I think I am supposed to sit here" or whatever.

They absolutely should implement that policyy.

badger
9/29/2008, 10:02 AM
Chairback is the easiest solution. Also, just being honest, tactful, but firm works too- "I apologize, but I think I am supposed to sit here" or whatever.

They absolutely should implement that policyy.

If people don't move, make the Boy Scouts earn their Sooner badges :D

Jason White's Third Knee
9/29/2008, 12:23 PM
"*** cracks on the numbers, people. *** cracks on the numbers."