PDA

View Full Version : LMAO! College Gameday at Vandy

sooner59
9/28/2008, 06:06 PM
Who would have every thought that ESPN College Gameday would be at a Vanderbilt game? Auburn @ Vanderbilt is apparently the best game of the week. Wow. Congrats to the commodores I guess. This and a #19 ranking is the greatest thing to ever happen to their program.

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 06:15 PM
Not really the best match up (see No. 14 Ohio State at No. 18 Wisconsin), but the Big Ten doesn't have a pretty new contract with ESPN. Jesus conference does. Go figure, another Gameday for an SEC match up. :rolleyes:

freshchris05
9/28/2008, 06:16 PM
SEC!!! SEC!!! SEC!!!

meoveryouxinfinity
9/28/2008, 06:16 PM
Wow I might not even wake up to watch it.

OUstud
9/28/2008, 06:19 PM
Weird thing is, Vandy will probably win. Have you seen Auburn's "offense"?

The Maestro
Should have some good signs, though. Virgin Gameday folks and those bright Commodores should have some good reads.

tommieharris91
Not really the best match up (see No. 14 Ohio State at No. 18 Wisconsin), but the Big Ten doesn't have a pretty new contract with ESPN. Jesus conference does. Go figure, another Gameday for an SEC match up. :rolleyes:

Auburn and Vandy might still be the best game of the week.

Tidefan36854
9/28/2008, 06:22 PM
GO VANDY!!!http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/images/smilies/party4.gif

yermom
9/28/2008, 06:54 PM
who is their surely short-timer coach?

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 06:57 PM
Auburn and Vandy might still be the best game of the week.

It'll be a blow out. The tOSU-Wisconsin game we be closers for longer.

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 06:58 PM
who is their surely short-timer coach?

I hear Al Davis has already offered him the Raiders job :D

SoFla Sooner
9/28/2008, 07:00 PM
Are you for real?!

They actually should quit televising Auburn games, much less featuring them on Gameday. My friend's kid plays for them, and he keeps texting me during the games to see if I saw a certain play. I have to fake it half the time. I haven't seen an offense that awful since....since OU '01? And don't get me started on Vandy. Basketball school pretenders.

OUthunder
9/28/2008, 07:02 PM
Why not OU/Baylor?

Dang

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 07:04 PM
Why not OU/Baylor?

Dang

Cause Auburn only lost to the one ranked team they played. Baylor lost to two ranked teams they played.

Jeronimo
9/28/2008, 07:09 PM
if gameday was at Waco, people around the country would be sayin the same things we are right now.

BillyBall
9/28/2008, 07:20 PM
Cause Auburn only lost to the one ranked team they played. Baylor lost to two ranked teams they played.

Im fairly certain he wasnt serious.

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 07:27 PM
Im fairly certain he wasnt serious.

I'm fairly certain I was :D

Johnny Utah
9/28/2008, 07:32 PM
Weird thing is, Vandy will probably win. Have you seen Auburn's "offense"?

Yes I've seen their "offense" ... but have you heard the fans screaming their friggin' lungs out when their "offense" has the ball? A few weeks ago on another one of Auburns nationally televised games, the announcers were questioning the football knowledge of the Auburn fans when they would cheer louder when Auburn had the ball then when the opponent had the ball:confused:

tommieharris91
9/28/2008, 07:48 PM
if gameday was at Waco, people around the country would be sayin the same things we are right now.

We'd probably be saying the same things we're saying in this thread.

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 07:53 PM
We'd probably be saying the same things we're saying in this thread.

What, that the game is going to be a blow out? Yeah probably.

tommieharris91
9/28/2008, 07:55 PM
What, that the game is going to be a blow out? Yeah probably.

Nah, more like hell has frozen over because College Gameday is in Waco, TX.

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2008, 07:56 PM
Nah, more like hell has frozen over because College Gameday is in Waco, TX.

But they could go to the Dr. Pepper Museum. Think how entertaining that would be :rolleyes: :P

GottaHavePride
9/28/2008, 08:06 PM
Yes I've seen their "offense" ... but have you heard the fans screaming their friggin' lungs out when their "offense" has the ball? A few weeks ago on another one of Auburns nationally televised games, the announcers were questioning the football knowledge of the Auburn fans when they would cheer louder when Auburn had the ball then when the opponent had the ball:confused:

I think they know football well enough - they're just too drunk to recognize uniform colors. ;)

Johnny Utah
9/29/2008, 08:12 AM
I think they know football well enough - they're just too drunk to recognize uniform colors. ;)

You've gotta good point there. However, there might actually be a "dumbing down" of a lot of these fan bases. Case in point, a lot of Auburn students come from the metro Atlanta suburbs (where I live). It used to drive my wife and I nuts that at our sons ' high school games the stadium announcer would continually say " let's make some noise" when our team had the ball, and the fans would do so (stomping feet, clanging cow bells, blowing air horns, etc). :confused:

badger
9/29/2008, 08:16 AM
As someone who has been to the Madison campus on gameday, I can completely understand ESPN not wanting to go to Wisconsin. Slap in the face, yes, but also signs that UW needs to change or it will hurt it's team's chances of getting national television exposure like ESPN. Changes include no more random cursing lines in school songs, less trash thrown, less body passing, less rushing into fenced off fields in risk of trampling others, less sex in bathroom stalls during games, less chanting obscenities at opposing fans.

Besides, when else would they go to Vandy? Vandy's gonna lose and they'll never have an undefeated record again (until they're 0-0 at the start of every year). It's like when they went to Bowling Green (Sign in crowd: "Go football") or Air Force Academy. Both of those teams didn't stay ranked, so ESPN chose the perfect time to visit.

BudSooner
9/29/2008, 08:33 AM
As someone who has been to the Madison campus on gameday, I can completely understand ESPN not wanting to go to Wisconsin. Slap in the face, yes, but also signs that UW needs to change or it will hurt it's team's chances of getting national television exposure like ESPN. Changes include no more random cursing lines in school songs, less trash thrown, less body passing, less rushing into fenced off fields in risk of trampling others, less sex in bathroom stalls during games, less chanting obscenities at opposing fans.

Besides, when else would they go to Vandy? Vandy's gonna lose and they'll never have an undefeated record again (until they're 0-0 at the start of every year). It's like when they went to Bowling Green (Sign in crowd: "Go football") or Air Force Academy. Both of those teams didn't stay ranked, so ESPN chose the perfect time to visit.

Heh, oh and the Bucs beat the Pack. ;)

badger
9/29/2008, 09:07 AM
Heh, oh and the Bucs beat the Pack. ;)

The Pack was doomed to phail from the start. First Favre goes out and gets 6 TD's for the Jets. Then, the feel-good story about the Bucs kicker being able to kick the winning field goal in memory of his baby son. Then, Rodgers separates his throwing shoulder. Then, the LSU guy that looks like Matt Damon (too angry at his abysmalness to to refer to him by his name) screws up.

I've kind of written this season off at this point. Good thing the Sooners are winning.

Ok, back to College Gameday. Here was their other possibility, other than Wisky/tOSU:

No. 23 Oregon at No. 9 USC

I can understand this - they've already been out there and want to go elsewhere (not to mention the west coast time thingy forces setup at like 3 a.m. in the morning or so to make a 9 a.m. start time for the broadcast).

Scott D
9/29/2008, 10:03 AM
Give Vandy a break, they're only ranked in the top 25 once every 50 years or so ;)

SelmaBamaFan
9/29/2008, 10:08 AM
I think Vandy actually wins this game :D

... and I'm guessing the game is on ESPN Primetime?

shaun4411
9/29/2008, 10:12 AM
ther real question is, where will gameday be a week from saturday?

badger
9/29/2008, 10:22 AM
ther real question is, where will gameday be a week from saturday?

Possibilities:

No. 5 Texas at No. 1 Oklahoma
Why not: Because Gameday's been there before, because the game starts at 11 a.m. as of right now, because Texas is a one-loss team (speaking from the future).

No. 3 LSU at No. 12 Florida
Why not: Because Florida lost to Ole Miss, because this will be the third or fourth SEC game we've been to this season if we go, because Lester made Herbie look like an idiot for not taking the Michigan job as announced before the SEC Title Game.

No. 21 Oklahoma State at No. 4 Missouri
Why not: Because we're revenging against all of our Mizzou colleagues, because OSU layed an egg against Texas A&M once again and all we have for them is a new Stunned Aggie shot, because there will be better Mizzou games down the road to go to.

Nebraska at No. 7 Texas Tech
Why not: Because Nebraska already lost as is likely unranked, because Mike Leach doesn't let us do interviews after Monday with players, because we don't want sand in our video equipment, because Nebraska is NOT back, dag nabbit!

No. 6 Penn State at No. 18 Wisconsin
Why not: Because Wisconsin scares us at the thought of FCC hammering down its regulations, because the Big 10 sucks, because Wisconsin already lost to a cupcake Michigan team, because we have no desire for early morning beer showers, thank you very much.

Arizona State at No. 9 USC
Why not: Because ASU might not be ranked by this time, because west coast games are early morning endeavors, because Compton scares the ever living shizzle outta us, because both teams have losses.

We have competition. I'd say they're headed to Missouri if OSU wins. If you haven't done so already, send negative vibes to Stilly. They may also choose Wisky after this week's snub.

Scott D
9/29/2008, 10:22 AM
provided we handle our trip to Waco, and Malcolm and the Clapper handle their game against the Nepotists, obviously Dallas.

Sooner_09
9/29/2008, 11:46 AM
Don't count on them being in Dallas next week.

Why do I have a feeling they'll be in Columbia?

shaun4411
9/29/2008, 11:52 AM
Don't count on them being in Dallas next week.

Why do I have a feeling they'll be in Columbia?

hype hype hype, offense, offense offense. there will probably be 90 points scored that day.

ArkanSooner
9/29/2008, 03:54 PM
Vanderbilt, Northwestern, and Duke are a combined 12-1, with the "1" being Duke's loss....to Northwestern.

Revenge of the Nerds!