PDA

View Full Version : South Endzone Question.

colinreturn
9/28/2008, 01:42 PM
Why is it that the south endzone sits down for the majority of the game, while everybody else is standing up. Do they ask season tix holders if they will stand or sit, and put all the sitters in the south endzone?

sooner n houston
9/28/2008, 01:54 PM
Why would this concern anyone????

StoopTroup
9/28/2008, 01:57 PM
It's because the Stadium looks better from space that way.

sooner59
9/28/2008, 02:17 PM
Im ok with parts of the stadium sitting, and only getting up for big plays. My parents are not physically able to stand up for 3-3 1/2 hours, but they love OU and attending OU football games. If a few sections want to sit, let them sit....as long as they are still loud.

badger
9/28/2008, 02:56 PM
The upper deck on the home side also sits down, I've noticed.

Through much scientific research (yeah, that's what I'll call all the money I've spent on football tickets over the past few years, heh heh), I have concluded that the average non-student does not like standing the entire game. Perhaps a few standing moments before the game when the national anthem and band are out and again when the teams come out, which might carry over into kickoff, but after that... sit.

I've also noticed people sitting on the new, student section side upper deck. I attribute this not the same desires as many other non-students to not stand for the game, but rather, for the awesome built-in plastic seating complete with cup holders. I've talked to people in these areas, and the conclusion is that either the fans are disabled and paid money to get out of standing sardine can land below, or they are so high up that it's like they're standing even if they aren't.

I can stand the entire game, but I'm not going to be an arsewhole if everyone around me is older, not able, or have children or whatever and they can't see if I stand.

The seats upstairs are actually quite nice. The fans are older alums that just come out to the university they love, for the most part. Oh, and you get to sit :D

Tulsa_Fireman
9/28/2008, 03:48 PM
South end zone sitter inners are va-jay-jays.