PDA

View Full Version : I'm Talking to You, Moron

Sooner04
9/28/2008, 12:20 PM
Yeah, you. You know who you are. You're the idiot who, no matter who we're playing, chooses to flash that ignorant-assed horns down sign whenever you're "lucky" enough to get on camera.

Well, you know what? You're a moron. You're a disgrace because you're making us fans of a big-time football school seem like a bunch of ignorant loners. Our season does not hinge on one game like it does at eATMe or O-State. We're bigger than that.

If we're playing Texas, fine, flash that stupid-assed sign. If we're not, keep your stupid-assed hands in your damn pocket, you moron.

It's bad enough that your ignorant *** flashes the sign every time your moronic self gets on the camera, but now you've taught it to your poor, little kids. It's bad enought that they have to go through life with a moron for a parent, but you don't have to force feed your moronic beliefs into their poor, vulnerable skulls. Your moronic *** is dooming them to a life of ignorant, moronic activity.

You know what, moron is not near strong enough of a word. Next time I see you flashing the stupid-assed Horns down when we're not playing Texas, I shant call you a moron. I'll call you what you really are: an Aggie.

hgarmorer
9/28/2008, 12:22 PM
Yeah but does it make you mad when people do it? :D

I agree btw

yermom
9/28/2008, 12:24 PM
Aggie?

ouch.

(and stop buying those stickers)

OUHOMER
9/28/2008, 12:30 PM
How about the morons who where the beat texas gear when we are not playing them......

adoniijahsooner
9/28/2008, 12:31 PM
If it makes you feel better, I would like to say that in 23 years as a sooner fan I have never flash the hookem sign and never will.

freshchris05
9/28/2008, 12:32 PM
beat texas gear is lame anyway... just wear somethin that says OU.. it goes without saying...

oumartin
9/28/2008, 12:32 PM
Who gives a crap what they do? The fact that you people get all bent over them doing it is funny.

bri
9/28/2008, 12:35 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Those people aren't University of Oklahoma fans; they're fans of the University of I Hate Texas. It's like they try to root for OU, 'cause it's the cool thing to do, but they're trying too hard and just can't get it right.

freshchris05
9/28/2008, 12:36 PM
i dont get all bent over it i just think it takes away from what we are as a program... every shirt like that just makes me think "3-pete" or "stoops we did it again" and thats lame...

Echoes
9/28/2008, 12:36 PM
Spec to you. I agree 1000000%.

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/28/2008, 12:44 PM

Because every time you do, you're actually giving money to and supporting the University of Texas. And who the hell wants to do that?

DarrellZero
9/28/2008, 12:47 PM
Gotta go along with 04 on this one.

These people need to realize that when they go around flashing the horn sign -- even if it's in what they think is a cleverly disrespectful way -- all it does is advertise for them, and says nothing about us, at least nothing good.

Curly Bill
9/28/2008, 12:48 PM
Count me in the camp that says it's all much ado about nothing.

edit...that being said I don't do the upside down horn thingy, but if others want to I say let'em have at it.

SCOUT
9/28/2008, 12:53 PM
It's like going to an NBA game between the Lakers and the Celtics and yelling that the Kings suck. If you aren't able to adjust your comments/hand signs/clothing to account for your opponent, please don't do/say anything at all.

If you are still confused, the #1 sign is a good all purpose gesture.

OU-HSV
9/28/2008, 12:55 PM
I guess this rant goes for the picture of the soldiers that was displayed on the jumbo tron in the stadium yesterday, they were all flashing horns down. Guess they're idiots too huh?? :rolleyes:

I'm not really a flasher of this hand signal, however, who cares if our fellow fans are flashing this sign. Guess I just don't understand what the big deal about this is. We know we're not pivoting our seasons on whether we beat texass or not. But in recent years, it has been a game that we have to win to be in a good situation at the season's end. That being said, I don't think OUr fellow fans who flash this sign really think if we beat texass then our season is complete...it's nowhere near being anything at all like the sheephumpers. I threw up in my mouth when I read your comparison to that.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/28/2008, 12:55 PM
/m\

luulzzz

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/28/2008, 12:57 PM
If you are still confused, the #1 sign is a good all purpose gesture.

Especially in traffic :D :

http://www.lameinsult.com/images/middle-finger.jpg

bringit
9/28/2008, 12:58 PM
Who gives a crap what they do? The fact that you people get all bent over them doing it is funny.

exactly. so lets keep bringing it up year after year after year after year. and bump it to the top to boot.

OU-HSV
9/28/2008, 01:00 PM
exactly. so lets keep bringing it up year after year after year after year. and bump it to the top to boot.

Well, in all reality, I'd rather see you take that avatar you're displaying, make it full size, then post it in it's own thread....but that's just me :D

badger
9/28/2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah! TCU has a hand gesture, you know - turn THAT upside down!

(although it might cause your hand is dislocate in several places)

tulsaoilerfan
9/28/2008, 01:18 PM
I agree also; i was saying that those fans should be shot last night that were doing the horns down sign

StoopTroup
9/28/2008, 01:22 PM
What about dyslexic whorns who try to teach the hook em to their kids...is that OK? :D :pop:

http://www.ahepworth.com/blogspot/072607Dinner/dinner04.jpg

JLEW1818
9/28/2008, 01:28 PM
Shoot, I hope we go undefeated and Texas only loses 1 game this year. Helps us.

yermom
9/28/2008, 01:31 PM
Because every time you do, you're actually giving money to and supporting the University of Texas. And who the hell wants to do that?

exactly.

OUthunder
9/28/2008, 01:33 PM

Yep, they paid there $$$ for a ticket to the game and if they want to flah the upside down horn sign, fine by me.

I saw UT fans on TV yesterday yelling OU sucks into the camera a few times as well.

What do you expect from bored fans whose team is drilling the opposing team early into the 3rd quarter by 4 TD's?

I guess they could leave the stadium, do the wave, or listen to Boomer Sooner by the pride for the 100th time of the day.

okiewaker
9/28/2008, 01:35 PM
I agree. Unlucky for me my boss is a horns fan. He called me last night and asked why the h*** sooner fans are so obsessed with the horns. He was watching the game and seen a sooner fan in crowd with the upside down horns. He asked if we were all inbreds.

Fixed

OU-HSV
9/28/2008, 01:36 PM
I agree. Unlucky for me my boss is a horns fan. He called me last night and asked why the h*** sooner fans are so obsessed with the horns. He was watching the game and seen a sooner fan in crowd with the upside down horns. He asked if we were all inbreads.

Easy fix for your problem. Start job hunting today. And next time he talks to you like that, simply tell him to f*ck off

StoopTroup
9/28/2008, 01:36 PM
I don't understand the whorns who continue to show up to OUr Home Games in Norman with their gear on.

Are they doing it for the attention?

Curly Bill
9/28/2008, 01:43 PM
I don't understand the whorns who continue to show up to OUr Home Games in Norman with their gear on.

They are sadist and want their arses kicked! Next time you should oblige them. ;)

okiewaker
9/28/2008, 01:43 PM
Easy fix for your problem. Start job hunting today. And next time he talks to you like that, simply tell him to f*ck off

Sounds pretty good to me except for the income thing. But, I do have my mower gassed and wacker full of line.

yermom
9/28/2008, 01:44 PM

well, they aren't going to wear crimson or purple are they?

fossil
9/28/2008, 01:48 PM
:) Dude, lighten up. If that bothers you, you have some serious problems. You actually sound like a Longhorn fan. Just get over it, huh?

fossil
9/28/2008, 01:53 PM
I agree. Unlucky for me my boss is a horns fan. He called me last night and asked why the h*** sooner fans are so obsessed with the horns. He was watching the game and seen a sooner fan in crowd with the upside down horns. He asked if we were all inbreads.

:mad: Consider learning how the hell to spell 'inbreds', OK? If I'm gonna be one, I at least want you to spell it correctly.

okiewaker
9/28/2008, 01:54 PM
:) Dude, lighten up. If that bothers you, you have some serious problems. You actually sound like a Longhorn fan. Just get over it, huh?

Just asking, in what way did that post sound like a horn fan? Ur analysis please.

StoopTroup
9/28/2008, 01:55 PM
well, they aren't going to wear crimson or purple are they?

No...they could just stay home. :D

GottaHavePride
9/28/2008, 01:56 PM
The lamest example I've ever seen was at the Rose Bowl, and it was from the Pride. We had several cheers that are ONLY used for the Texas game. Well, our drumline breaks out those cheers in the stands at the Rose Bowl, and 1/4 of the damn band is screaming along with "TEXAS SUCKS!"

At the flippin' Rose Bowl. Against Washington State. 1500 miles from Texas.

freshchris05
9/28/2008, 01:57 PM
The lamest example I've ever seen was at the Rose Bowl, and it was from the Pride. We had several cheers that are ONLY used for the Texas game. Well, our drumline breaks out those cheers in the stands at the Rose Bowl, and 1/4 of the damn band is screaming along with "TEXAS SUCKS!"

that is pretty lame... but its marching band what do you expect... cool?
;)

setem
9/28/2008, 01:59 PM

Even if we buy the upside down ones???

OUthunder
9/28/2008, 02:00 PM
The hook em thing is dumb but really doesn't bother me. What really bothers me is when they show Soomer Man. I'm sure he's a great fan but he's exactly the sterotype of what fans outside the state of Oklahoma, think that all OU fans act and look like.

I cringe when they show the guy on national TV or the jumbotron.

GottaHavePride
9/28/2008, 02:01 PM
Man, he looked drunker than doleo on tv.

Curly Bill
9/28/2008, 02:01 PM
Even if we buy the upside down ones???

That actually takes money away from them. ;)

A Sooner in Texas
9/28/2008, 02:05 PM
:mad: Consider learning how the hell to spell 'inbreds', OK? If I'm gonna be one, I at least want you to spell it correctly.

#1 post of the thread right there.

Partial Qualifier
9/28/2008, 02:08 PM
I totally agree with 04 and everyone else.

You're ackin' a fool on national TV which is totally your prerogative and that in itself does not bother me one bit. But if you want to glorify the Texas Longhorns, do it in the privacy of your own home. Knock yourself out. And yes that's exactly what you're doing, GLORIFYING the TEXAS LONGHORNS. If you really love OU then knock it off fer cripes sakes!!

who cares if our fellow fans are flashing this sign. Guess I just don't understand what the big deal about this is.

analogy: Back in high school, YOU played the trombone in the band. Your arch-nemesis played the drums. You hated that guy for whatever reason.

Fast-forward to later in life: you're at a jazz club for some drinks with friends. The band starts playing and after their first song you stand up on your table and go "WOO HOO HEY LOOKEE OVER HERE - I'M DRUMMING, LOOK AT MY WISPY LITTLE ARMS WAVING DRUMSTICKS AROUND!! I'M A DRUMMER, HAHAHAH!!! DRUMMERS SUCK!!"

That's as night & day as the anti-UT crap at OU home games. Would it not make sense for his friends to talk him down off the table?

:D

/soapbox

OUthunder
9/28/2008, 02:10 PM
I totally agree with 04 and everyone else.

You're ackin' a fool on national TV which is totally your prerogative and that in itself does not bother me one bit. But if you want to glorify the Texas Longhorns, do it in the privacy of your own home. Knock yourself out. And yes that's exactly what you're doing, GLORIFYING the TEXAS LONGHORNS. If you really love OU then knock it off fer cripes sakes!!

analogy: Back in high school, YOU played the trombone in the band. Your arch-nemesis played the drums. You hated that guy for whatever reason.

Fast-forward to later in life: you're at a jazz club for some drinks with friends. The band starts playing and after their first song you stand up on your table and go "WOO HOO HEY LOOKEE OVER HERE - I'M DRUMMING, LOOK AT MY WISPY LITTLE ARMS WAVING DRUMSTICKS AROUND!! I'M A DRUMMER, HAHAHAH!!! DRUMMERS SUCK!!"

That's as night & day as the anti-UT crap at OU home games. Would it not make sense for his friends to talk him down off the table?

/soapbox

Drummers = get laid

Trombone player = his own hand and a bottle of Jergens.

StoopTroup
9/28/2008, 02:14 PM

It was because most of the soda/water vendors were from Texas and they started a ruckus because they couldn't make correct change.

A friend of mine who's dating this other dude's cousin's sister, knows this guy who knew what actually happened. He evidently confirmed said suckage. I heard he works at Hardbodies Gym and has been involved in some sort of Corporate or CIA espionage as well.

The Preach Man
9/28/2008, 02:21 PM
This is the REAL problem. When you want to express your teams greatness you want to use a hand jesture. Well, OU doesn't have one(#1 is kinda generic) so we use the only one we know. I agree with the fact that it looks stupid and I don't do it myself BUT I do see the reason that ppl do it.

WE NEED OUR OWN HAND SIGN!!!!!!!!!

Speer
9/28/2008, 02:23 PM
It used to annoy me, but now I really don't give a flip. Living in Texas, I can assure you it gets the UT crowd whining about OU......which is fine by me.

Here's a thought (or a few)

OU's been on TV 4 times this year (including PPV), and I've rarely seen the horns down before this game. OU-TX game is in 2 weeks with both teams probably in the top 5. Anyone think the TV producers/cameramen "select" the horns down crowd to stir the pot? Nah.......

BTW, you'll see it even more next week.

Charla
9/28/2008, 02:28 PM
I think living in TX. It is my calling to spread the word that TX SUX

badger
9/28/2008, 02:36 PM
I watched one of Texas' first games of the season (I don't remember the opponent) and they were yelling "OU SUCKS" to their school song. Thus, should any whorns point out our very, very limited number of fans thinking TCU week is UT week, we can point out the following:

No. 1 - The words to your song are not "Give 'em hell, give 'em hell, OU SUCKS," they are "Hail, hail, the gang's all here."

No. 2 - If the words are not "Hail, hail the gang's all here" and you feel the need to curse, the words are "Give 'em hell, give 'em hell, go whorns go."

No. 3 - If you absolutely have to say that some school sucks, why not direct your negative attention to the team you're playing... you know, the one that's on the field that isn't wearing Texas jerseys... you know, THE ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS THAT HAVE BEEN YOUR RIVAL FOREVER.

No. 4 - If you still think OU sucks... well, sucks to be you.

olevetonahill
9/28/2008, 02:38 PM
This Thread Is Moronic.

hgarmorer
9/28/2008, 02:46 PM
What happened to getting that avatar being posted full size?

OU-HSV
9/28/2008, 02:51 PM
What happened to getting that avatar being posted full size?

That's what I'm sayin! It's like that post of mine got completely ignored and overlooked. Geeze

Partial Qualifier
9/28/2008, 03:19 PM
No. 1 - The words to your song are not "Give 'em hell, give 'em hell, OU SUCKS," they are "Hail, hail, the gang's all here."

I thought it was "I've been workin' on the railroad...ALL, the live long day.."

:confused:

badger
9/28/2008, 03:37 PM
I thought it was "I've been workin' on the railroad...ALL, the live long day.."

:confused:

No, no - you're thinking of their alternative fight song, "The nose of Oklahoma smells you."

hgarmorer
9/28/2008, 03:45 PM
That's what I'm sayin! It's like that post of mine got completely ignored and overlooked. Geeze
There's a couple of avatars that need to be full sized. And they all look like a little like that one.

Sooner04
9/28/2008, 04:24 PM
I guess this rant goes for the picture of the soldiers that was displayed on the jumbo tron in the stadium yesterday, they were all flashing horns down. Guess they're idiots too huh?? :rolleyes:
If proven, those soldiers ought to be charged with treason then taken out back and shot.

No excuses.

califsooner
9/29/2008, 04:53 PM
......moronic thread for sure. Actually just sounds like some bitter and angry issues need to be dealt with. I guess misery causes others to be upset over meaningless crap. How about just enjoying a 4-0 start by your team who looks pretty good at the moment. I guess some people just have to complain about anything and everything no matter how good things might be.

Animal Mother
9/29/2008, 05:30 PM
Count me in the camp that says it's all much ado about nothing.

edit...that being said I don't do the upside down horn thingy, but if others want to I say let'em have at it.

Yeah!! It's a semi-free country. That also means you get to bitch about it.

SoonerTroll
9/29/2008, 05:54 PM
Wow, someone was having a bad day to have such a big post about Texas. Don't concern yourself with others and just take care of yourself. If doing somethng brings joy to someone and does not harm your why do you care? Because you are angry and have to much time on your hands!

califsooner
9/29/2008, 05:57 PM
.......amen troll, totally agree with ya!!!!

StormySooner-IN
9/29/2008, 08:19 PM

Are they doing it for the attention?I saw some chick walk by several times in my area (Section 25). She received a nice greeting from everyone :D

The only time that I've ever /m\ 'd was during the RRS, or when another whorn came up to me and did it the other way around.

They kept showing small children on the big new board doing it over and over again. At first I didn't care, cause they were so a little....but then it was like.....:les: ALRIGHT, GOTCHA!

CrimsonandCreamForever
9/29/2008, 08:53 PM
Why does every person in this thread hate mormons? :confused:

;) :D ;) :D ;)

GottaHavePride
9/29/2008, 09:05 PM
Why does every person in this thread hate mormons? :confused:

;) :D ;) :D ;)

Because of this:

http://googlegirls.files.wordpress.com/2006/02/mormon.jpg

OU-HSV
9/29/2008, 09:12 PM
If proven, those soldiers ought to be charged with treason then taken out back and shot.

No excuses.

Lame and not too cool of a post.
But I'm not gonna report the post, cause I think it was more an attempt at humor than a slap at our soldiers.

Lott's Bandana
9/29/2008, 09:42 PM
So I'm in Austin at ACL yesterday and Joe Bonamassa was just killin it.

At the end of his set he shouted, "Goodnight Austin!" and did the Rock and Roll hand gesture immortalized by Ronnie James Dio. All the Whorns in the crowd (like, the entire crowd) screamed and did it back.

For a second I forgot where I was and raised my arms, but because I lived in Hawai'i and am Kama'aina, I did the Shaka instead of the other thingy...been doing it for years and it has become automatic.

Then I realized WTF(?) :O and thought, "Whew, that was close." :eek:

Oh, and I was wearing my C&C. Yo. :P

void
9/29/2008, 10:01 PM
http://members.cox.net/kuah/shocker.jpg
could not help myself... sorry

Paperclip
9/29/2008, 10:19 PM
I also hate it when people show up to games in stuff other than OU gear. If you want to wear a Padres hat go to a freaking Padres game. We are not the University of the San Diego Padres!

P.S. 1984 :)

SoFla Sooner
9/29/2008, 10:22 PM
Texas fans really do "OU Sucks" to their fight song year round. I'm pretty sure they do it for fun, not because they are "obsessed with us" or whatever. I'm pretty sure the same goes for our fans. If it makes you feel any better, it looks more intelligent than what Chase Daniel did the last time the camera caught him unaware on the sideline. Other suggestions on this thread have been very helpful (and amusing).

Lott's Bandana
9/29/2008, 10:23 PM
I also hate it when people show up to games in stuff other than OU gear. If you want to wear a Padres hat go to a freaking Padres game. We are not the University of the San Diego Padres!

Shilt, I wore my Nautica skivvies to the game and I wasn't sailing. Do you hates me too?
:rolleyes:

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/29/2008, 10:28 PM

I had a Celina Balloon Festival T-Shirt on underneath my OU jersey on Saturday. I've never been hot-air ballooning. Does that make me a hippie-crit?

Lott's Bandana
9/29/2008, 10:38 PM
I had a Celina Balloon Festival T-Shirt on underneath my OU jersey on Saturday. I've never been hot-air ballooning. Does that make me a hippie-crit?

I bet it made you sweat.

Where's Celina?

josh09
9/29/2008, 10:43 PM
THAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOOOOOOOU!!!

You pretty much read my mind with this post hahaha

Sooner04
9/29/2008, 10:46 PM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/KingpinPadre/hambone.jpg

Paperclip
9/29/2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I saw you during that interview. It occurred to me you were at Kelvin's and Bob's 100th win. Impressive.

Sooner04
9/29/2008, 11:33 PM
http://googlegirls.files.wordpress.com/2006/02/mormon.jpg
This gal right here, yeah, she can do whatever she wants. Hand sign, G's up, Horns down.........who cares? Good night, she's one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen.

All the other Horns Down Aggies, yeah, they should be rounded up and shot. If they're solidiers.......court martial. Then shot.

Big D Sooner
9/30/2008, 12:18 AM
Lame and not too cool of a post.
But I'm not gonna report the post, cause I think it was more an attempt at humor than a slap at our soldiers.

Please do not get all preachy and serious just because someone mentioned soldiers. It was sarcasm. We all appreciate what they do, but that does not mean you have to always treat them with God-like reverence and cannot make a harmless joke.

Big D Sooner
9/30/2008, 12:28 AM
Oh, and I agree with this thread. Doing the hand signal when we are playing anyone other than Texas makes OU fans look like they are obsessed with only beating Texas. If you want to go to a school where one victory over one team makes your whole year, drive north about 2 hours. Otherwise, this is Oklahoma, we are about winning championships. Also, Texas Sucks t-shirts are okay as long as you wear them TO THE TEXAS GAME.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/30/2008, 12:48 AM

i'm going to request that you not post in this thread again.

anyone with knowledge relevant to the thread topic have any insight?

OU-HSV
9/30/2008, 01:21 AM
Please do not get all preachy and serious just because someone mentioned soldiers. It was sarcasm. We all appreciate what they do, but that does not mean you have to always treat them with God-like reverence and cannot make a harmless joke.

I wasn't getting "all preachy and serious"....the point is that the maker of this thread was the one getting "all preachy" for lame purpose in regards to how these fans that flash the reverse horn sign must be less of a fan than himself/herself(whichever)...And then to make a comment like that wasn't ammusing. No one was giving the soldiers "God-like" reference, I was hinting that the attempt at humor wasn't funny. Additionally my point was that I was saying I wouldn't get "all preachy" like the maker of this thread was getting in regards to fellow Sooner fans fan skills.
To question other fans fanship has always seemed odd to me. So anyways, thanks for your concern. :rolleyes:

OU-HSV
9/30/2008, 01:26 AM
Oh, and I agree with this thread. Doing the hand signal when we are playing anyone other than Texas makes OU fans look like they are obsessed with only beating Texas. If you want to go to a school where one victory over one team makes your whole year, drive north about 2 hours. Otherwise, this is Oklahoma, we are about winning championships. Also, Texas Sucks t-shirts are okay as long as you wear them TO THE TEXAS GAME.

I'll say it again, because I just saw your second post here. IMO it's always pretty lame when other OU fans question fellow OU fans for the fanship...and their fan style. I don't understand where people get off thinking they are better OU fans than other OU fans are.

It's kind of obvious that if the fans that flash the reverse horn sign only cared about beating texass, they wouldn't be spending their time and money going to games other than texass.

OU_Sooners75
9/30/2008, 05:29 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Those people aren't University of Oklahoma fans; they're fans of the University of I Hate Texas. It's like they try to root for OU, 'cause it's the cool thing to do, but they're trying too hard and just can't get it right.

And not one alumni fan of OU has ever flashed the sign? I do believe it began thanks to teh student body. And I do see the student body doing this sign quite regularly, even on weeks we are not playing saxeT.

I agree it is quite retarded, even if we are playing them. But people (like you and the person that started this POS thread) need to STFU and allow the fan base to do whatever they wish. Afterall, freedom of speech is a beautiful thing, don't you think?

Be gald we have passionate fans. Without them, we would be nothing more than the boring @$$ OSU fans!

OU_Sooners75
9/30/2008, 05:38 AM
Think of the hand gesture as....Anti-Texas or We are better than Texas or Not Texas!

LOL.

OU-HSV
9/30/2008, 06:31 AM
And not one alumni fan of OU has ever flashed the sign? I do believe it began thanks to teh student body. And I do see the student body doing this sign quite regularly, even on weeks we are not playing saxeT.

I agree it is quite retarded, even if we are playing them. But people (like you and the person that started this POS thread) need to STFU and allow the fan base to do whatever they wish. Afterall, freedom of speech is a beautiful thing, don't you think?

Be gald we have passionate fans. Without them, we would be nothing more than the boring @$$ OSU fans!

Exactly, well said. I understand some people don't want to flash the sign other than when we are playing texass...but it doesn't make the fans that do flash it any less fans than you and I and others who don't flash it. That's all I've been trying to say.
Who gives a crap if other fans want to flash the reverse whorns. They're still fans, they aren't sheephumpers, and so on. The end

Hot Rod
9/30/2008, 07:31 AM

Yeah, I don't get this either. I'll see these on cars/trucks upside, but won't see a single OU decal on the vehicle. Don't make sense.

yermom
9/30/2008, 07:36 AM

you don't get it. at all.

it's not about freedom of expression, it's about getting over Texas. those "boring @SS OSU fans" spend more time talking about OU than OSU, that's exactly what he's talking about.

we are #1. our hand sign reflects this. we have bigger things to worry about than Texas right most of the time.

however, next week?

it's on :D

olevetonahill
9/30/2008, 07:45 AM
http://www.trojanwire.com/images/upside-down-horns.jpg

Partial Qualifier
9/30/2008, 08:33 AM
people (like you and the person that started this POS thread) need to STFU and allow the fan base to do whatever they wish. Afterall, freedom of speech is a beautiful thing, don't you think?

Freedom of speech allows us to call these people for what they are: idjits.

Well it's ironic you say that, because OSU fans are passionate as hell -- about the OU game being their entire season!

What's the difference between them and those University of I Hate Texas fans?

Sooner04
9/30/2008, 08:41 AM
Freedom of speech is wonderful. That's why I'm calling all you "horns down" morons what you really are: Aggies.

You're all a bunch of Aggies.

KC//CRIMSON
9/30/2008, 08:47 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/KingpinPadre/hambone.jpg

THAT.

IS.

AWESOME.

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/30/2008, 09:37 AM
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/63/04hehzp3.jpg

Partial Qualifier
9/30/2008, 09:38 AM
MSPAINTPWNED!!

TopDawg
9/30/2008, 09:56 AM
But people (like you and the person that started this POS thread) need to STFU...

Afterall, freedom of speech is a beautiful thing, don't you think?

AWESOME!

TopDawg
9/30/2008, 10:00 AM
I used to do the horns down thing with passion at the OU/texas game, but no longer. Why should I change my regular gameday customs just because we're playing texas? They already know I think they suck, I'd rather ignore their silly hand sign and do my OU stuff instead of giving them the satisfaction of thinking I'm obsessed with them.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/30/2008, 11:26 AM
I am all for banning the down horns hand sign, but is it ok when we play the horned frogs and the USF Bulls?

Seems like a grey area there. Am I right? Who's with me?

[inspiring music]

Big D Sooner
9/30/2008, 12:34 PM
I am all for banning the down horns hand sign, but is it ok when we play the horned frogs and the USF Bulls?

[inspiring music]

Ok, I'll give you USF and Buffalo. TCU horns are different, but if you want to do the upside down horned frog (sounds like a sexual position to me) go ahead. I will also allow the upside down barking wolf thing NC State fans do as well as an upside down pony for SMU (although I just feel bad for their fans, I probably wouldn't do it to them). Am I missing anyone, I'm sure that I probably am.

Sooner98
9/30/2008, 12:39 PM
I recorded the game and watched the replay of it yesterday. Good grief, our fans took their Texas-obsessed, inferiority complex to new, unprecedented levels during that broadcast, for the entire nation to witness. No less than 70 percent of the shots of the crowd resulted in someone doing the horns-down to the camera. I'm just glad that a big game like Alabama/Georgia was on at the same time, to attract a large amount of viewers away from the embarrasment to our school and state, brought on by that pathetic showing.

califsooner
9/30/2008, 12:45 PM
....just wondering, did the actual person who was doing this at the game come forward yet at all, or is it possible he got the heebie jeebies scared out of him by 'MR. Sooner04' and has fled the state out of fear for his family.....for 'really' being an Aggie? Unbelievable what this thread has become. When is the seminar on how to be a 'real Sooner fan?'

C&CDean
9/30/2008, 12:59 PM
I am not going to agree/disagree with anyone here. I will just say this:

If you do the horns down thingy anywhere but on I-35 between here and Dallas, in Dallas, and on I-35 on the way home from Dallas on one weekend in October, then you're a goober.

I won't call you an aggy, because that is seriously below the belt, but you are an unabashed goob. Do the #1. Do the OU with your arms. Or just smile and point at your shirt that says "OU" on it....oh wait, you're not wearing an OU shirt because you're too cool for that **** but you're all into the horns down while we're playing Chattanooga? Why? It ain't about "fanship." It's about stupid.

I'll break out my horns down a week from Saturday when I hit I-35. As it should be. Between now and then, I'm going to practice my claws down for Baylor.

Choctaw
9/30/2008, 01:04 PM
Does this thread activate yearly by itself, or does someone actually submit it? Again and again and again...

CrimsonandCreamForever
9/30/2008, 01:31 PM
Welll, the whole school is obsessed-with-beating-texas idiots. This should only be there on texas week :rolleyes:
http://www.tobynopoly.com/tmp/beatthehelloutoftexas.jpg
The difference between aggy hating us and us hating texas is because OU/texas is a nationally recognized rivalry, usally for all the marbles in the Big XII south. The b-word is not.

Yes, I do agree that the horns down thing on occassions other than texas week is kinda lame, I'm not gonna come after anybody or call names or try and tell them what to do. Let em do what they want.

badger
9/30/2008, 01:40 PM
Or just smile and point at your shirt that says "OU" on it...

Ok, in the interest of supporting fellow Packer fan here, I would like to add that if you are shirt flipping at anyone while you are driving down I-35, please pay attention to the road. A few seasons ago we went to College Station and on the why there some "real" Aggies (we'll call 'em "real" beacuse that's their official mascot and all) were taunting a bus full of us Sooners. Well, too much trash talking and not paying attention to the road (it's gameday traffic, after all) and you are going to rear end the person in front of you, which this guy did.

Sooner04
9/30/2008, 01:42 PM
I can't help that the Ruf/Neks are/were a bunch of dips. No offense to fadada, but I can't imagine his group was like the group that occupied the Schooner while I was there. Hell, half of them got busted for robbing the Student Union beverage cart in '02. DOPES!

horns down, no quarter! Shoot the dissenters. Give burnt orange blankets laced with gonorrhea to the widows.

yermom
9/30/2008, 01:42 PM

If you do the horns down thingy anywhere but on I-35 between here and Dallas, in Dallas, and on I-35 on the way home from Dallas on one weekend in October, then you're a goober.

I won't call you an aggy, because that is seriously below the belt, but you are an unabashed goob. Do the #1. Do the OU with your arms. Or just smile and point at your shirt that says "OU" on it....oh wait, you're not wearing an OU shirt because you're too cool for that **** but you're all into the horns down while we're playing Chattanooga? Why? It ain't about "fanship." It's about stupid.

I'll break out my horns down a week from Saturday when I hit I-35. As it should be. Between now and then, I'm going to practice my claws down for Baylor.

you work way too close to doleo :D

Landthief 1972
9/30/2008, 01:43 PM

^^^^^ What he said. ^^^^^

If I can get my arthritic hands into a reverse bear claw, so can you goobs. :D

tbl
9/30/2008, 02:04 PM
The only time I flash the upside down whorns is when I run into the occasional whorn abroad. I give them the horns up, then turn them down while blowing a raspberry and punching them in the face.

OU-HSV
9/30/2008, 06:33 PM
...TCU horns are different, but if you want to do the upside down horned frog (sounds like a sexual position to me) go ahead.....
Okay now this is funny. Props for this post.

Now for the record, for the poster who decided to drop me a comment in coordination with some red spektacles....I was not attempting to "call out" Sooner04's patriotism. If you reread my posts throughout this thread I think I've stated my point/perspective plenty of times, and in a manner that makes plenty of sense.
Again, I don't flash the reverse whorns, but I don't care if others do.

I was at the TCU game, but I haven't watched my DVR of the game yet, so maybe someday when I watch it I will see what was shown on t.v. and what has annoyed those of you who have your panties in a wad over the reverse whorns.

KC//CRIMSON
9/30/2008, 06:48 PM
Yeah, you. You know who you are. You're the idiot who, no matter who we're playing, chooses to flash that ignorant-assed horns down sign whenever you're "lucky" enough to get on camera.

Well, you know what? You're a moron. You're a disgrace because you're making us fans of a big-time football school seem like a bunch of ignorant loners. Our season does not hinge on one game like it does at eATMe or O-State. We're bigger than that.

If we're playing Texas, fine, flash that stupid-assed sign. If we're not, keep your stupid-assed hands in your damn pocket, you moron.

It's bad enough that your ignorant *** flashes the sign every time your moronic self gets on the camera, but now you've taught it to your poor, little kids. It's bad enought that they have to go through life with a moron for a parent, but you don't have to force feed your moronic beliefs into their poor, vulnerable skulls. Your moronic *** is dooming them to a life of ignorant, moronic activity.

You know what, moron is not near strong enough of a word. Next time I see you flashing the stupid-assed Horns down when we're not playing Texas, I shant call you a moron. I'll call you what you really are: an Aggie.

Throw in Soonerman and his retarded son plus the Horsepigs and you've got my nomination for post of the year award!

BigRedJed
9/30/2008, 06:53 PM
Okay now this is funny. Props for this post.

Now for the record, for the poster who decided to drop me a comment in coordination with some red spektacles....I was not attempting to "call out" Sooner04's patriotism. If you reread my posts throughout this thread I think I've stated my point/perspective plenty of times, and in a manner that makes plenty of sense.
Again, I don't flash the reverse whorns, but I don't care if others do.

I was at the TCU game, but I haven't watched my DVR of the game yet, so maybe someday when I watch it I will see what was shown on t.v. and what has annoyed those of you who have your panties in a wad over the reverse whorns.
I think it's just that a lot of people would prefer to think of their school/team belonging to the University of Oklahoma instead of the University of I Hate Texas. Geez, I dislike UT sports and their arrogant fans as much as the next guy, but I like OU even more than that.

And I'll agree with the aggy comparisons. Except, unlike aggy, there is no reason for us to feel threatened by their (the Horns') football program. Jesus, we have 7 national championships to their 4, more Heisman trophies, FAR MORE college football hall-of-famers (not even close), far more conference championships since being in the same conference, basically a series split over the past 50-60 years, and virtual domination over the past decade. We as a fanbase need to get over obsessing on them. Texas shouldn't define OU. OU's greatness should define OU.

OU-HSV
9/30/2008, 07:04 PM
I think it's just that a lot of people would prefer to think of their school/team belonging to the University of Oklahoma instead of the University of I Hate Texas. Geez, I dislike UT sports and their arrogant fans as much as the next guy, but I like OU even more than that.

And I'll agree with the aggy comparisons. Except, unlike aggy, there is no reason for us to feel threatened by their (the Horns') football program. Jesus, we have 7 national championships to their 4, more Heisman trophies, FAR MORE college football hall-of-famers (not even close), far more conference championships since being in the same conference, basically a series split over the past 50-60 years, and virtual domination over the past decade. We as a fanbase need to get over obsessing on them. Texas shouldn't define OU. OU's greatness should define OU.

I understand you and Sooner04's position. You picked the better route of explaining it than Sooner04 did IMO. To call people idiots and morons for doing it and to dedicate a thread about it seems a little silly, especially during the season when we've got a bajillion other threads ongoing. As I mentioned, to be critical of fellow Soonerfan's ways of being a fan has always annoyed me...I guess in the same way that the reverse whorns is found annoying to some of you. No big deal, seems we've all got our opinions on it.
I must admit I'm impressed this thread has gotten this much attention.
Good stuff I guess.

BigRedJed
9/30/2008, 07:06 PM
It's a week and a half before OU-Texas, and this week's team is Baylor. Pretty much a standard thread under those circumstances. Except that 04 started it, which is a special treat. Just sit back and enjoy the ride, and don't put so much critical thought into it.

froneal
9/30/2008, 07:07 PM
Well, our drumline breaks out those cheers in the stands at the Rose Bowl, and 1/4 of the damn band is screaming along with "TEXAS SUCKS!"

Don't worry. Mr. Britt knows that Texas "doesn't suck." :D

BigRedJed
9/30/2008, 07:13 PM
For what it's worth, I never said that Texas didn't suck. They do, indeed, suck.

OU-HSV
9/30/2008, 07:24 PM
For what it's worth, I never said that Texas didn't suck. They do, indeed, suck.

That's one thing we can all agree on :D

OU_Sooners75
10/2/2008, 02:56 AM
you don't get it. at all.

it's not about freedom of expression, it's about getting over Texas. those "boring @SS OSU fans" spend more time talking about OU than OSU, that's exactly what he's talking about.

we are #1. our hand sign reflects this. we have bigger things to worry about than Texas right most of the time.

however, next week?

it's on :D

No, you don't get it.

I couldn't careless if you think it is stupid and think the fans that do such a thing are stupid. It is part of our fan base, and has been for years.

So who cares? Instead of showing your prejudices against fans that do the upside down horns sign, why not ask more sensible questions, to weed out the possibility of them being a bandwagon or fairweather fan? The bandwagon and fairweahter fans are the ones that tick me off the most.

And for the record. The upside down horns I used to have as a bumper sticker...the money went to OU, not saxeT!

OU_Sooners75
10/2/2008, 03:02 AM
Freedom of speech is wonderful. That's why I'm calling all you "horns down" morons what you really are: Aggies.

You're all a bunch of Aggies.

Kiddo, do not lump me in with those that do the sign.

I bet you throw the sign when no one is looking. Hypocrit!

OU_Sooners75
10/2/2008, 03:11 AM
I swear...some of you will let anything jumble your panties.

BigRedJed
10/2/2008, 11:07 AM
Exactly whose panties are jumbled?

TopDawg
10/2/2008, 11:16 AM
I'm mad that you're mad! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :chicken: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

badger
10/2/2008, 11:20 AM
:pop:

TMcGee86
10/2/2008, 11:20 AM

[inspiring music]

This was my thought as well, I assumed we were doing it because of the "horned" frogs.

Granted, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I guess it could correlate.

Payton
10/2/2008, 11:27 AM
Well...Considering that 4 of the last 8 National title games has included the winner of the game, I think it's a pretty important game.

BigRedJed
10/2/2008, 12:07 PM
It's an incredibly important game. Typically one of the most important of the year in the whole of college football. And it's a great rivalry to boot.

The point is, OU doesn't play a one game season. Doing the horns-down at games against ranked opponents makes it look like it IS a one-game season for OU. Hence the comparisons to aggy. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/2/2008, 12:21 PM
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Hens love roosters
Geese love ganders
Everyone else, loves Ned Flanders.

http://hotbeans.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/mustache-_0006_ned-flanders.jpg

Frozen Sooner
10/2/2008, 12:34 PM
Er.

My license plate says BEATTX. But only because OUFAN OU SOONER and BMRSNR were all taken.

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/2/2008, 12:36 PM
Er.

My license plate says BEATTX. But only because OUFAN OU SOONER and BMRSNR were all taken.

$hit. What state do you live in? I wanted to do BMR SNR someday...

yermom
10/2/2008, 12:44 PM
Er.

Aggie.

Sooner04
10/2/2008, 12:46 PM
My license plate says BEATTX.
Aggie!

You don't have one of those "House Divided" license plates with OU on one side and UA-Anchorage Seawolves on the other, do you?

Frozen Sooner
10/2/2008, 01:02 PM
$hit. What state do you live in? I wanted to do BMR SNR someday...

Alaska. I think you're safe.

badger
10/2/2008, 01:12 PM
This was my thought as well, I assumed we were doing it because of the "horned" frogs.

Granted, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I guess it could correlate.

Aggie QB No. 7 brings up a good point. I mean... South Florida does the horny thing, rock concerts do the horny thing... there's nothing more "horned" than frogs, so why not do "horns down" to HORNed frogs?

I am Devil's Advocate, and I approve this message.

SoonR4Life
10/2/2008, 02:06 PM
Texas Christian University Horned Frogs

Texas + Horns justifies the hand sign :)

Frozen Sooner
10/2/2008, 02:20 PM
Aggie QB No. 7 brings up a good point. I mean... South Florida does the horny thing, rock concerts do the horny thing... there's nothing more "horned" than frogs, so why not do "horns down" to HORNed frogs?

I am Devil's Advocate, and I approve this message.

The Devil has horns as well. That's why I read your posts with a horns down hand signal at all times.

badger
10/2/2008, 02:36 PM
The Devil has horns as well. That's why I read your posts with a horns down hand signal at all times.

Devil's Advocate = n00b baitin' :D

the_ouskull
10/2/2008, 08:37 PM
It's nice to know that some Sooner fans still see things the right way. I hate Tejas and all, but I'm a Sooner first, and an "I hate Tejas" second.

Ironically, when I saw that older couple flash the horns down during the TCU game, the first thing that I thought was "I hope somebody rips that on Soonerfans."

Nice work.

the_ouskull

Jdog
10/2/2008, 10:30 PM
for UT/A&M it’s more like a cross between what we have with OSUE and what we had with NEB.

OU/UT - is more like a midseason Bowl that’s played every year.

As for the upside down horns thing - you can do what you want, but I think it gives the Horns too much credit.
I live in North Tejas, so I get to use it as a way of saying hello to my friends and acquaintances that are Texas fans. Otherwise, I think it looks silly when used out of context - like at the Washington game.

Great story – a couple of years ago the 6 year old neighbor kid across the street told me that his mom did this – showing me the gig’em sign – and my dad does this – showing me two hook’em horn signs - and finished by saying what does OU do.

His dad was watch him, and waiting to see my reaction. And I proudly held up my index finger and said we do this. NUMBER ONE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GottaHavePride
10/2/2008, 10:58 PM
Heh. OS-EWE.

OU_Sooners75
10/2/2008, 11:06 PM

It seems that Sooners04 and Yermom's are for starters.

;)

yermom
10/2/2008, 11:56 PM
trust me, you are in a bad spot if me and 04 agree on something :D

Ardmore_Sooner
10/3/2008, 12:01 AM
Hens love roosters
Geese love ganders
Everyone else, loves Ned Flanders.

http://hotbeans.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/mustache-_0006_ned-flanders.jpg

NOT ME!

yermom
10/3/2008, 12:02 AM
everyone who counts loves Ned Flanders

OU_Sooners75
10/3/2008, 01:34 AM
trust me, you are in a bad spot if me and 04 agree on something :D

And to me, I couldn't careless.

It is you and 04 getting your panties all bunched up for nothing. :P

Ardmore_Sooner
10/3/2008, 01:44 AM
The whole thing really doesn't matter to me, but I don't understand the point of acknowledging Texas when we only play them once a year?

SoonerBacker
10/3/2008, 05:46 AM
Thanks to those who have been slamming fellow "SOONER fans" for the inverted Whorns signs! You know, I've been at every home game since the opening kickoff of the 1975 season and have been to many away games, bowl games, and conference championship games. I am an OU alum, as well. But I would never have known who the true SOONER fans are without the insight provided by this thread!

I have never flashed the hand sign in question unless I was confronted by a Whorn fan or unless I was at the OU/texASS game. I have, however, seen other "SOONER fans" doing it during games against other opponents.
This thread has been very enlightening. I now realize that those who choose to do this aren't really SOONER fans. :rolleyes:

OU-HSV
10/3/2008, 08:37 AM

According to that pic of Ned Flanders and that screaching look on his face, his panties look like they may be riding up ;)

KingDavid
12/11/2008, 10:27 PM

Long live this thread.

oumartin
12/11/2008, 10:29 PM
Its a dumb thread.

olevetonahill
12/11/2008, 10:57 PM
Its a dumb thread.

Just about as Dumb as the one King david started .:rolleyes:

Curly Bill
12/11/2008, 10:58 PM
I like soup.

BoulderSooner79
12/11/2008, 11:22 PM
I do the Vulcan "live long and prosper" hand sign - but sometimes i have to cheat with the other hand to get it posed.

What kind of soup ?

soonerboomer93
12/11/2008, 11:26 PM
want to confuse a horn

if he's got a logo shirt on, ask him why the horn is upside down

if he throws you the "horns up" ask him why he's doing it upside down

(you must ask with a completely straight face, and continue on as long as you can insisting it's upside down, because really, as a Sooner, it is)

Curly Bill
12/11/2008, 11:26 PM
I had some soup today with hamburger, tomatoes, peppers, other stuff, had a nice spicy flavor to it.

SteelCitySooner
12/11/2008, 11:37 PM
horns down....what's that? And what's with the wierd 'hang loose' lookin hand signal that I keep seeing sooner fans flash?

Sooner04
12/12/2008, 12:03 AM
They put a kid on the jumbotron last night at the BBall game. He's up there looking all cute, but then his dad nudges him from behind and shows him how to do the horns down sign. Now the kid's doing it, and so is Dad right behind him.

I wanted to club them and eat their bones.

Bunch of Aggies.

HappyClappyMackBrown
12/12/2008, 11:17 AM
They put a kid on the jumbotron last night at the BBall game. He's up there looking all cute, but then his dad nudges him from behind and shows him how to do the horns down sign. Now the kid's doing it, and so is Dad right behind him.

I wanted to club them and eat their bones.

Bunch of Aggies.
Wow your really ****ing hilarious..... Im spending $1500+ for my trip to Miami, I think that entitles me to the right the throw the upside down horns a time or two over the weekend. Why do you have such a problem with what other people do anyways?

cheezyq
12/12/2008, 11:28 AM
Honestly, who cares? I don't do it myself, but I also understand the argument that hating Texas is a year-round responsibility for Sooner fans. There are several occasions where I think it's more than appropriate to flash the upside-down horns. This year also presents a PERFECT opportunity, since we were able to knock the horns out of the Big XII CCG and the BCS CCG. There's no better way to tell Texas that they're our b*tch than to flash the upside-down horns at the championship games. ;)

However, I don't agree with the people who purchase the Longhorn insignia and put it upside down on their vehicles. UT has plenty of money as it is...no need to help them out.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/12/2008, 11:59 AM

Well, you know what? You're a moron. You're a disgrace because you're making us fans of a big-time football school seem like a bunch of ignorant loners. Our season does not hinge on one game like it does at eATMe or LoSuR. We're bigger than that.

Fixed. :D

Sooner_Bob
12/12/2008, 12:47 PM
Wow your really ****ing hilarious..... Im spending $1500+ for my trip to Miami, I think that entitles me to the right the throw the upside down horns a time or two over the weekend. Why do you have such a problem with what other people do anyways?

Because it ain't always all about Texas? :texan:

duyork
12/12/2008, 01:08 PM
This Thread Is Moronic.

I agree. No different than the Redskin fans chanting "We want Dallas at the end of a game that they are winning. (Which isn't often lately) We know who our main rivals are. Loosen up, take a Xanex, flash that upside down horns sign, smile, root for OU to beat the Gators. (and the Horns next year)

My Opinion Matters
12/12/2008, 01:13 PM
Some people will just never get it.

TMcGee86
12/12/2008, 01:19 PM
I totally agree, most always it's ghey.

But if we happen to be up big late in teh game and someone wants to pretend cry and then throw some horns down, I will not find that offensive at all.

In fact, I just may chortle lightly to myself.

Sooner_Bob
12/12/2008, 01:25 PM
So what is the over/under of how many upside down horns signs we'll see in Miami?

KC//CRIMSON
12/12/2008, 02:12 PM

exactly.

Partial Qualifier
12/12/2008, 02:34 PM
exactly.

precisely.

In fact, I just may chortle lightly to myself.

chortlespek.

KC//CRIMSON
12/12/2008, 02:53 PM
precisely.

indeed.

Partial Qualifier
12/12/2008, 02:58 PM
indeed.

Agreed. :D

yermom
12/12/2008, 02:59 PM
in a great way

redhawk49
12/12/2008, 03:10 PM
They are sadist and want their arses kicked! Next time you should oblige them. ;)
Or rip their junk off. :eek:

Partial Qualifier
12/12/2008, 03:12 PM
No Quesshun.

http://static.newsok.biz/article/20080820/3286061/d12-blakemug_08-20-2008_CP8MBKD.jpg

TopDawg
12/12/2008, 03:23 PM
Here's the problem I have with the upside down horns thing at non-OU texas events (especially big ones like this). I get the feeling most of the fans who do it think that the Texas fans who are watching the game think "That sucks. They're disrespecting us on national television."

But that's not the case. What the Texas fans are actually thinking is "Stupid Sooners. Even when they're playing in the national title game against Florida they're still obsessed with us."

Instead of it coming across as an insult, it comes across as a compliment.

I'd rather there be no references to Texas at all, fan-based or otherwise, in the national title game. I know that's not going to be the case this year, so I'll just have to hope they're kept to a minimum.

C&CDean
12/12/2008, 03:57 PM
New drinking game:

Every time you see some dumbass do a whorns down during the NC game you take a drink. Every time the announcers mention Colt McCoy, Mack Brown, or UT, you take a drink. Every time they talk about how we really don't deserve to be there, you take a drink. Every time they blow Tebow you take a drink.

Who wants to bet you will die from alcohol poisoning in the first quarter?

SoonerPr8r
12/12/2008, 04:07 PM
New drinking game:

Every time you see some dumbass do a whorns down during the NC game you take a drink. Every time the announcers mention Colt McCoy, Mack Brown, or UT, you take a drink. Every time they talk about how we really don't deserve to be there, you take a drink. Every time they blow Tebow you take a drink.

Who wants to bet you will die from alcohol poisoning in the first quarter?

You'll be toe up by kickoff

msooner
12/12/2008, 04:18 PM

So what if you love to hate Texass. I hate blOwSU also. It doesn't make me any less of an OU fan than any body else. I love the Sooners. Always will.

oumartin
12/12/2008, 04:28 PM
if you don't like the upside down whorns. turn your head or close your eyes..

Nobody does it better than

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/92/216597159_fa19bd8776_b.jpg

bonkuba
12/12/2008, 04:40 PM
I have to laugh every time I see one of these threads.......

If you want to do the upside down horns sign then do it. I know I hate TX enuff to do it 24x7. On TV, in the bathroom, at the store......and sure we aren't the University of I Hate TX.....or maybe we are.....which to be honest isn't that bad....cause I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate TX :D :D :D

Carry on.......

KC//CRIMSON
12/12/2008, 04:50 PM

msooner
12/12/2008, 05:13 PM
"bri" must not get it...so I guess it makes him the Moron.

My Opinion Matters
12/12/2008, 05:13 PM

exactly.

KC//CRIMSON
12/12/2008, 05:17 PM
exactly.

precisely.

Flsunman
12/12/2008, 05:18 PM
No Quesshun.

http://static.newsok.biz/article/20080820/3286061/d12-blakemug_08-20-2008_CP8MBKD.jpg

LOL!! now that's some funny ****e!

My Opinion Matters
12/12/2008, 05:21 PM
precisely.

indeed.

KC//CRIMSON
12/12/2008, 05:23 PM
indeed.

agreed.

My Opinion Matters
12/12/2008, 05:32 PM
I've actually turned the corner on this issue. I say let the idiots do it.Because these are the same idiots that start "FIRE BRENT VULNERBALES!!!" threads after every game. The same idiots that yell profanities at the field judge from the upper deck. The same idiots that will jump off the bandwagon after a 5-6 season. Now I how to spot these people.

picasso
12/12/2008, 05:35 PM
hi guys! first time poster here. LOL!

what about my upside down Longhorn logo on the back of my Dardge pickup truck thing?

LOL!

Frozen Sooner
12/12/2008, 06:06 PM
Yew got the trucknutz?

Czar Soonerov
12/12/2008, 06:18 PM
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/2295/groverjoneshw4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

HiFiGator
12/13/2008, 12:07 PM
Looking back at this thread, it seems obvious that more than one of you forgot a dose or two of prozac.

the_ouskull
12/13/2008, 12:44 PM
We're Sooners. WINNING is our Prozac. You're still kinda new to it. Maybe someday if you're lucky, you'll understand.

the_ouskull

HiFiGator
12/13/2008, 01:11 PM
I like it. Well said skull. See you in a few weeks.