PDA

View Full Version : Barry -take off that bracelet

Whet
9/28/2008, 11:53 AM
We all recall during the debate after JM talked about the bracelet with the soldier's name on it, Barry, not to be out done, then talked about his bracelet. Of course, Barry had to look at his bracelet to read the name of the solider. In addition to not remembering this fine soldier, he was also told by the father of this fallen soldier to STOP wearing the bracelet:

Barack Obama played the "me too" game during the Friday debates on September 26 after Senator John McCain mentioned that he was wearing a bracelet with the name of Cpl. Matthew Stanley, a resident of New Hampshire and a soldier that lost his life in Iraq in 2006. Obama said that he too had a bracelet. After fumbling and straining to remember the name, he revealed that his had the name of Sergeant Ryan David Jopek (http://www.iraqwarheroes.com/jopek.htm) of Merrill, Wisconsin.

Shockingly, however, Madison resident Brian Jopek, the father of Ryan Jopek, the young soldier who tragically lost his life to a roadside bomb in 2006, recently said on a Wisconsin Public Radio show that his family had asked Barack Obama to stop wearing the bracelet with his son's name on it. Yet Obama continues to do so despite the wishes of the family.

I guess his Red Diaper Baby campaign manager thought it would be a good part of the Barry costume!

Jimminy Crimson
9/28/2008, 03:22 PM
It was very insincere of him.

olevetonahill
9/28/2008, 03:26 PM
If the Young mans Parents want him to quit He should have quit it . and Not used it like he did at the Debate.

LosAngelesSooner
9/28/2008, 06:21 PM
Dude...Barak can stop using the bracelet when McCain stops using the "change" slogan.

There are more important issues in this election than bracelets and slogans. You guys need to quit being distracted by bright, shiny objects. Gawd...

SCOUT
9/28/2008, 06:24 PM
Dude...Barak can stop using the bracelet when McCain stops using the "change" slogan.

There are more important issues in this election than bracelets and slogans. You guys need to quit being distracted by bright, shiny objects. Gawd...

You are absolutely correct except for those parents. Is it really too much to ask to not have your dead son pimped for a cause you don't believe in?

StoopTroup
9/28/2008, 06:39 PM
It might not be to much to ask but it borders on being a Cindy Sheehan movement if your not careful.

That Lady needs some real help IMO.

I'd like to think that wearing a bracelet to honor someone wasn't going to be an issue at all.

I'd like to think that anyone in this Country could wear anything they want.

If we start this up about the bracelet...then we bring up the wearing of the Flag Pin and on and on....

My heart goes out to anyone who loses a loved one...especially to the Families who's Loved One was serving his Country.

God Bless America

ST

lexsooner
9/28/2008, 06:42 PM
This is a most insightful new thread. I also heard Obama is a Marxist, America-hater, Muslim atheist, mulatto, and a terrorist. Now I find out he spits on our war dead. And this man is likely going to be the next Prez!!!! Where are men of character like Spiro Agnew, David Hall, and Randy Duke Cunningham when we need them most? Oh, the humanity!

StoopTroup
9/28/2008, 06:49 PM
Frank Keating...you forgot him.

Frozen Sooner
9/28/2008, 06:51 PM
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hdsm_ntfH32sDoi1u_H9HYCDeaHAD93G0TIO0

Soldier's mother 'ecstatic' about Obama's bracelet

By DINESH RAMDE – 43 minutes ago

MILWAUKEE (AP) — The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" when Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama mentioned during Friday's debate the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son.

Tracy Jopek of Merrill told The Associated Press on Sunday she was honored that Obama remembered Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, who was killed in 2006 by a roadside bomb.

She criticized Internet reports suggesting Obama, D-Ill., exploited her son for political purposes.

Jopek acknowledged e-mailing the Obama campaign in February asking that the presidential candidate not mention her son in speeches or debates. But she said Obama's mention on Friday was appropriate because he was responding after Sen. John McCain, the Republican nominee, said a soldier's mother gave him a bracelet.

"I've got a bracelet, too, from Sergeant — from the mother of Sergeant Ryan David Jopek, given to me in Green Bay," Obama said during the debate. "She asked me, 'Can you please make sure another mother is not going through what I'm going through?' No U.S. soldier ever dies in vain because they're carrying out the missions of their commander in chief. And we honor all the service that they've provided."

Jopek says Obama's comment rightfully suggested there's more than one viewpoint on the war.

Penguin
9/28/2008, 06:52 PM
Hmm. I don't know if you can make an issue about it. If you are a rabid supporter of McCain's, then go with it.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/bracelet-wars.html

Conservatives are now criticizing Obama for exploiting a fallen soldier whose mother has asked him to stop wearing the bracelet or mentioning her son's name.

I wasn't able to get through to Tracy Jopek, but she spoke to a reporter at the Associated Press (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-wi-obama-bracelet,0,6413408.story) today. She confirmed her ex-husband's recollection that she'd emailed the campaign to ask them to request that the senator not mention her son on the stump.

But she said she was "ecstatic" that Obama mentioned her son's hero bracelet during Friday's debate. That's because he was responding to McCain citing a different griveing[sic] mother's hero bracelet as a way to back his political views of the war in Iraq and citing the bracelet she'd given Obama was a good and appropriate way to remind people there are different views on this issue.

Half-truths are so convenient, aren't they? This Brian Jopek redneck is a loser who is trying to get his 15 minutes of fame by talking for his ex-wife and using his own son's death for partisan politics. Hell was made for people like him.

olevetonahill
9/28/2008, 06:52 PM
This is a most insightful new thread. I also heard Obama is a Marxist, America-hater, Muslim atheist, mulatto, and a terrorist. Now I find out he spits on our war dead. And this man is likely going to be the next Prez!!!! Where are men of character like Spiro Agnew, David Hall, and Randy Duke Cunningham when we need them most? Oh, the humanity!

Dude have you Lost it ?
I dont care what he does . But IF the young Mans Family has asked him to Not wear it . He should Honor Their wishes .
Im sure he can find a Family that supports Him and Wear their sons .

lexsooner
9/28/2008, 06:59 PM
I believe stoopid thread topics deserve stoopid posts. I gave this thread the amount of seriousness it deserves - none.

LosAngelesSooner
9/28/2008, 07:09 PM
Dude have you Lost it ?
I dont care what he does . But IF the young Mans Family has asked him to Not wear it . He should Honor Their wishes .
Im sure he can find a Family that supports Him and Wear their sons .
However...THEY HAVEN'T.

LosAngelesSooner
9/28/2008, 07:10 PM
We all recall during the debate after JM talked about the bracelet with the soldier's name on it, Barry, not to be out done, then talked about his bracelet. Of course, Barry had to look at his bracelet to read the name of the solider. In addition to not remembering this fine soldier, he was also told by the father of this fallen soldier to STOP wearing the bracelet:

I guess his Red Diaper Baby campaign manager thought it would be a good part of the Barry costume!Being that people have sourced reliable sources that Barak was IN FACT wearing the bracelet with the soldier's mother's permission, what are YOUR sources, please?

And then, once this is proven to be yet another BS distraction to the REAL ISSUES OUR NATION IS HAVING...can we get back to THEM?!?!

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID bs distraction crap.

From both sides.

olevetonahill
9/28/2008, 07:11 PM
However...THEY HAVEN'T.

Well the 1st Post said His Father had , Now it seems His Mom said NO .
So I really dont give a **** .
Thats up to them .

LosAngelesSooner
9/28/2008, 07:17 PM
Good. Keep getting angry for them over a STINKING BRACELET that the mother was "ecstatic Obama was wearing."

I'll worry about our faltering economy, soldiers in harm's way, corruption in government, overly taxed populace, nation building, etc...

olevetonahill
9/28/2008, 07:42 PM
Good. Keep getting angry for them over a STINKING BRACELET that the mother was "ecstatic Obama was wearing."

I'll worry about our faltering economy, soldiers in harm's way, corruption in government, overly taxed populace, nation building, etc...

You the one that seems to be gettin worked up over it .
Like I said I dont give a shat what he wears .

Vaevictis
9/28/2008, 08:04 PM
The whole, "I have a bracelet" thing is sleazy, no matter who's doing it. No matter which way you look at it, it's exploiting deceased soldiers for political gain.

End of story.

JohnnyMack
9/28/2008, 08:09 PM
More importantly, did anyone else notice John McCain DID NOT wear a flag pin during the debate?

He obviously hates America.

OU4LIFE
9/29/2008, 07:22 AM
Frank Keating...you forgot him.

no, I didn't *stab* *stab*

Animal Mother
9/29/2008, 10:24 AM
I heard Obama shot the sheriff and Bob Marley just took the rap.

Weakest anti-Obama sauce I've read today but today ain't over.