PDA

View Full Version : Alabama @ Florida?

soonerfan28
9/28/2008, 11:00 AM
I know we haven't even been able to enjoy our potential #1, but looking ahead to next week does anybody see Florida beating Alabama next week. I think Florida was overrated from the get go and they were only ranked high because Tebow won the Heisman, but Alabama looks scary good and I think it's gonna be very tough for anybody on Bama's schedule to beat them, but it sure would help if the lose one. I still think we are #1 tomorrow, but the love for the SEC is getting old.

AZSOONER
9/28/2008, 11:04 AM
Hell, with florida,georgia losing now they're talking about usc playing for the national title again.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/28/2008, 11:06 AM
Noo you see, if Florida beats 'Bama it will just legitimize the SEC.

It's like if Oklahoma State beats Missouri. We (the B-I-G T-W-E-L-V-E!) are soooo good "top to bottom" that even the lesser teams can hang with the best in the country.

:rolleyes:

BamaSon25
9/28/2008, 11:25 AM
We play Kentucky next week. Florida isn't on our schedule this year at all, unless its in the SEC championship game.

RTR
BamaSon25

Flagstaffsooner
9/28/2008, 11:33 AM
The SEC are like guppies, they eat their own.

soonerfan28
9/28/2008, 01:08 PM
We play Kentucky next week. Florida isn't on our schedule this year at all, unless its in the SEC championship game.

RTR
BamaSon25

My bad. I could have sworn I heard that on ESPN. Thats what I get for not checking.

BoulderSooner79
9/28/2008, 01:19 PM
Hell, with florida,georgia losing now they're talking about usc playing for the national title again.

Yep. The last couple of seasons it has taken a 2nd loss by usc to keep them out of the title game. It may well be the case again this year, sigh. I was not happy about Wiscy or the gators losing just for that reason. Oh well, it is what it is and just hope OU can run the table and *somebody* besides usc can get that other slot. Penn St anyone ? :confused:

JLEW1818
9/28/2008, 01:20 PM
Georgia, LSU, Florida all still have to play!!!! I think it splits

Georgia beats Florida
LSU beats Georgia
Florida beats LSU

A-M
9/28/2008, 05:22 PM
The announcers at the Bama game last night went through this and kept saying that a 1 loss SEC or Big 12 team will go into the MNC game before a 1-loss PAC 10 team. I even heard a 'in the know' announcer on the radio talking about USC and saying that he was now beginning to think that they have been 'overrated' these past couple of years. Gee, you really think so?

St. Louis Sooner
9/28/2008, 10:03 PM
Since the two aren't scheduled to play each other, maybe this thread would be better served with: Florida vs Bama for the SEC championship?

Bama's division has all the heavyweights this year with LSU, Auburn, and Ole Miss (sneed and nutt seem to have had an impact huh?!!) Right now, Vandy is sitting atop the other division with Georgia, Florida & Kentucky trailing ... geez, who'da thunk it?

LSUdeek
9/28/2008, 10:35 PM
Nov. 8th.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/28/2008, 10:54 PM
For those that care, Florida's opponent next week is Arkansas. Just what the doctor ordered for Tebow and company.