PDA

View Full Version : Brian Jackson Bandwagon

SoonerBBall
9/28/2008, 10:27 AM
The line starts here folks.

He looks to be the next great DB at OU. It is a good thing, too, because the first thing I thought when I saw him was "Damn, someone on our team has some pretty big balls picking the number 2 as a corner." Fortunately, we've definitely seen some Strait style play from him so far.

colleyvillesooner
9/28/2008, 10:30 AM
Heh, quick edit. :D

SoonerBBall
9/28/2008, 10:59 AM
Heh, quick edit. :D

:D

For some reason, I just can't get the name Brandon Jackson out of my head when I see B.Jackson on the back of a jersey.

badger
9/28/2008, 11:07 AM
Is there a bandwagon yet for Travis "Defensive AD" Lewis?

The Maestro
9/28/2008, 11:35 AM
Agreed on Brian Jackson. That was a monster game and he was under pressure. He stepped up, big time. Really liking our DB's this year.

SoonerBBall
9/28/2008, 12:01 PM

I don't know, but I'll hop on that one, too. Lewis and Jackson always seem to be in on big plays.

Sherpa
9/28/2008, 12:02 PM
I'm on. BJ had a great game. Love this guy.

adoniijahsooner
9/28/2008, 12:08 PM
In all four games everytime a team throws his way, he is right there. Does our defense allow for him to lock up with Crabtree and Dez Bryant one on one?

Curly Bill
9/28/2008, 12:10 PM
In all four games everytime a team throws his way, he is right there. Does our defense allow for him to lock up with Crabtree and Dez Bryant one on one?

We love us some cover 2 zone. I don't know that we'd let him go much one one one if he was Deion Sanders reincarante.

DrZaius
9/28/2008, 12:14 PM
I am on it....

oumartin
9/28/2008, 12:17 PM
I like the way the entire defense is not only tackling the runner but going after the ball. Long time no see on that.

adoniijahsooner
9/28/2008, 12:18 PM
We love us some cover 2 zone. I don't know that we'd let him go much one one one if he was Deion Sanders reincarante.

I think if Brian Jackson keeps playing like he has, and we start getting exposed in the zone, it might be hard for him not to change up a bit.

Curly Bill
9/28/2008, 12:21 PM
I think if Brian Jackson keeps playing like he has, and we start getting exposed in the zone, it might be hard for him not to change up a bit.

One would hope, but one of the foremost words that comes to mind with our coaching staff, for better or worse, is stubborn.

Of course things are clicking along very smoothly right now so who's to complain.

tulsaoilerfan
9/28/2008, 01:21 PM
Jackson was excellent, and i'm surprised they didn't try Franks more often

rainiersooner
9/28/2008, 01:32 PM
This is the first time in a long time that I haven't held my breath when the opposing QB throws a long ball down the sideline. He's been great - officially on the wagon.

Curly Bill
9/28/2008, 01:37 PM
He seems much more natural back there then some of the cats we've had back there lately. Maybe because he was a high school DB, not a RB or "athlete" that we tried to make into a DB.

starclassic tama
9/28/2008, 03:38 PM

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120393

you even posted in that thread

tulsaoilerfan
9/28/2008, 04:23 PM
He seems much more natural back there then some of the cats we've had back there lately. Maybe because he was a high school DB, not a RB or "athlete" that we tried to make into a DB.

When have we done that?;)

snp
9/28/2008, 04:29 PM

Jackson plays boundary CB and Franks plays field CB. Jackson will only face them if they line up on the short side of the field.

Collier11
9/28/2008, 05:44 PM
Heres the biggest deal, our db's still get beat from time to time but all db's do, the thing I really like is that we havent seen many busts which we have seen over and over again the past 3 years or so.

On another note, BV is the best LB coach in the country hands down...this guy can put out an all american type LB every single year

setem
9/28/2008, 06:27 PM
IN!

tommieharris91
9/28/2008, 06:29 PM
On another note, BV is the best LB coach in the country hands down...this guy can put out an all american type LB every single year

Venables is the worst coach ever. How could you give him praise for anything? :confused:

stoopified
9/28/2008, 06:40 PM
This guy got serious game.

Rogue
9/28/2008, 06:48 PM
In.
On.
Whatever, I'm a fan.

GottaHavePride
9/28/2008, 08:01 PM
DINK!

lolwut?

Piware
9/28/2008, 10:08 PM
I'm in. Huge game and great moves!

Collier11
9/28/2008, 10:17 PM
Venables is the worst coach ever. How could you give him praise for anything? :confused:

post here long enough and you would sure think so...another thing I like is that our db's are hitting people this year, that has been missing.

sooner59
9/28/2008, 10:28 PM
B. Jackson = D. Strait Jr.

OK2LA
9/28/2008, 11:32 PM
Jackson is macho

picasso
9/29/2008, 09:52 AM
gotta love a big cover corner.:)

birddog
9/29/2008, 10:05 AM
shouldn't we build a bandwagon for manny johnson while we're at it?

i mean, he only set a record for receiving yards.

he's added weight AND speed, and has become a tremendous possession receiver for us despite his size.

Scott D
9/29/2008, 10:06 AM

our entire secondary were guys who projected as DB's. Holmes is the only one who wanted to be an offensive player when he got here. I'll give credit though, from high school film I thought Jackson projected better as a safety than a corner. He's done very well in the transition.

OUMallen
9/29/2008, 10:47 AM
He can play.

starclassic tama
9/29/2008, 10:53 AM
looks like he has quite a bit more speed than strait had too. guy has a chance to be a great great player.

boomermagic
9/29/2008, 11:20 AM
Heres the biggest deal, our db's still get beat from time to time but all db's do, the thing I really like is that we havent seen many busts which we have seen over and over again the past 3 years or so.

I totally agree with everything said here.. Venables is a GREAT Lbers coach and a very good D coordinator.. Mike S. Might be a better D coordinator IMO but not many are.. I think Brent has gotten better and better over the years coordinating our defense..

adoniijahsooner
9/29/2008, 11:21 AM
Anyone think B. Jackson is better than Reggie Smith?

Collier11
9/29/2008, 11:41 AM
Thus far, YES!

shaun4411
9/29/2008, 12:03 PM
venebles is a great linebacker coordinator

DallasSooner87
9/29/2008, 02:46 PM
When he came down with that pick, I said "He actually caught that?" Then I jumped on board. Kid is an absolute stud.

CK Sooner
9/29/2008, 03:09 PM
Brian Jackson > Dez Bryant

madillsoonerfan5353
9/29/2008, 04:08 PM
The line starts here folks.

He looks to be the next great DB at OU. It is a good thing, too, because the first thing I thought when I saw him was "Damn, someone on our team has some pretty big balls picking the number 2 as a corner." Fortunately, we've definitely seen some Strait style play from him so far.

On board!!! :pop:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/29/2008, 04:52 PM
our entire secondary were guys who projected as DB's. Holmes is the only one who wanted to be an offensive player when he got here. I'll give credit though, from high school film I thought Jackson projected better as a safety than a corner. He's done very well in the transition.

watch manuel johnson's high school film - you'll swear you are watching mark clayton. 4 years later, he's a faster curtis fagan (nothing wrong with that).

brian jackson has the mark of all of our great dbs - he only uses one arm ;)

Curly Bill
9/29/2008, 06:34 PM

I much like the fact that this years secondary guys were actually recruited as such. We've had guys back there in the past few years that never looked entirely at home -- DJ Wolfe for example.

Collier11
9/29/2008, 07:06 PM
When he came down with that pick, I said "He actually caught that?" Then I jumped on board. Kid is an absolute stud.

lets not be silly now, that was an easy pick

DallasSooner87
9/29/2008, 07:15 PM
lets not be silly now, that was an easy pick

Yeah real easy...:rolleyes:
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory?workingCategoryId=24#sport=COLLEGE%20FOOTB ALL&photo=8615608

Collier11
9/29/2008, 07:40 PM
did you really use that picture to prove something, the ball was underthrown and he made a great play on it but it was right in his hands...nothing legendary like you seem to be implying

VA Sooner
9/29/2008, 09:23 PM
Count me on the bandwagon... Jackson looked great and Holmes had a monster game. Great secondary... doing so well that Nic Harris doesn't have as much of the action now. Everyone is hungry.

DallasSooner87
9/29/2008, 11:21 PM
did you really use that picture to prove something, the ball was underthrown and he made a great play on it but it was right in his hands...nothing legendary like you seem to be implying

Yes, it was a great play, exactly. We seem to agree. Never once did use the word legendary. If I was implying anything it was from where I was sitting, at first, it looked like he had it then lost it. I think we just got our messages crossed.

Scott D
9/29/2008, 11:53 PM
I much like the fact that this years secondary guys were actually recruited as such. We've had guys back there in the past few years that never looked entirely at home -- DJ Wolfe for example.

who ironically was probably the most consistent player in the secondary a year ago. ;)