PDA

View Full Version : Mike Stoops has it going on

stoopified
9/28/2008, 10:03 AM
His Widcats are noe 3-1 and have a legit shot IMHO to win 7-8 games.The only team I don't really think they could beat is USC.The Condoms will proably play angry the rest of the year.

BTW Chuck Long and his boys won this week.

Scott D
9/28/2008, 10:34 AM
this is irony, because the talking heads think that the best shot for another team to beat USC is Arizona, because his widdle twojans have to go to Tempe.

royalfan5
9/28/2008, 10:40 AM
this is irony, because the talking heads think that the best shot for another team to beat USC is Arizona, because his widdle twojans have to go to Tempe.

Do you mean Tucson?

RedstickSooner
9/28/2008, 10:56 AM
Do you mean Tucson?

Doesn't it all kinda look the same?

badger
9/28/2008, 11:07 AM
when Mike Stoops succeeds, OU succeeds.

olevetonahill
9/28/2008, 12:59 PM
I said at the start of the Season the Cats are gonna win against the rubbers.

Frozen Sooner
9/28/2008, 01:18 PM

I guarantee you this:

If USC shows up in Tempe, Arizona will crush them.

:D

stoopified
9/28/2008, 01:38 PM
I guarantee you this:

If USC shows up in Tempe, Arizona will crush them.

:D:D

OUstud
9/28/2008, 02:44 PM
Don't forget, they did lose to pitiful 2-3 New Mexico...if they can pull their heads out and not screw up like they usually do against Washington-type teams, they'll be alright.

Scott D
9/28/2008, 05:16 PM
Tempe, Tuscon, Pahoenix, hell, it could be Southeast Asia in The Iraq for all I really care :)

AllAboutThe'O'
9/28/2008, 11:47 PM
Don't forget, they did lose to pitiful 2-3 New Mexico...if they can pull their heads out and not screw up like they usually do against Washington-type teams, they'll be alright.

That's what I'm afraid of. 'Zona has a tendency to play down to the level of its competition, which is why the 'Cats have yet to fully turn the corner under Mike. They need to take care of business against the U-Dubs and Wazzus of the world first then start trying to take down the big boys like USC and 'Zona State.

olevetonahill
9/29/2008, 12:11 AM
Ive got a 10 spot On The cats winning agaist the rubbers
Any takers ?
Str8 up No Points :cool:

yermom
9/29/2008, 12:13 AM
the only sure thing i see on that schedule is Wazzou

i'd love it if they beat the Lords of the Bathhouse though

olevetonahill
9/29/2008, 12:16 AM
the only sure thing i see on that schedule is Wazzou

i'd love it if they beat the Lords of the Bathhouse though

Dayum Skippy
1st one to say they call my 10 buck bet gets it tho ;)

the_ouskull
9/29/2008, 04:54 PM
Ive got a 10 spot On The cats winning agaist the rubbers
Any takers ?
Str8 up No Points :cool:

I'm in on that. That's easy money.

Arizona beating USC, straight up? Yeah, I'll take the Trojans and your money. I mean, really, I win either way...

the_ouskull

olevetonahill
9/29/2008, 06:15 PM
I'm in on that. That's easy money.

Arizona beating USC, straight up? Yeah, I'll take the Trojans and your money. I mean, really, I win either way...

the_ouskull

Done deal then
WE can exchange addies after the game one of us can send the other a 10 spot :D

CK Sooner
9/29/2008, 06:16 PM
Done deal then

:eek:

I want in!!

the_ouskull
9/29/2008, 09:33 PM
Done deal then

I mean, it's $10. That's a hand of poker. I'm good for it. But, you're going to have to remind me, 'cause it's not like I'm going to remember making this bet. When is their game, anyway? If it's in November, I REALLY won't remember. Our (basketball) season starts Nov 3rd, and I've been putting most of my free time towards that.

But yeah, I'll make sure to get you my address at some point. :D

the_ouskull

olevetonahill
9/30/2008, 06:42 AM
I mean, it's $10. That's a hand of poker. I'm good for it. But, you're going to have to remind me, 'cause it's not like I'm going to remember making this bet. When is their game, anyway? If it's in November, I REALLY won't remember. Our (basketball) season starts Nov 3rd, and I've been putting most of my free time towards that.

But yeah, I'll make sure to get you my address at some point. :D

the_ouskull

Kinda what in thinkin 10 Bucks aint much but it do make it interesting.;)

olevetonahill
9/30/2008, 06:50 AM
Oh and they play 10-25 at Az/ Time is set now at around 5:15 our time

boomermagic
9/30/2008, 09:05 AM
I consider Mike Stoops to be one of the best IF not THE BEST defensive coaches in college football.. When I look back at the 2000 NC game I will always believe Mike's coaching stood out and was one of the huge reasons Fl. State's offense did not even score in that game.. Think about that for a minute.. Fl. State was averaging something like 40 points a game and had a heisman qb and their offense didn't even score.. That still blows me away.. Sure ya gotta give Bob a lot of credit but Mike deserves a bunch as well as Brent..

badger
9/30/2008, 09:16 AM
It's a good thing the Pac 10 is so stinkin' crappy: Stoops' job was on the line this year. Bowl game or bust for him.

I say the goal this year should be to obtain the elusive bowl. Then, once you make it, win it. That's something to build on. This will give you at least a 7-6 record and a winning record really makes a difference in morale - team and fans.

Next, your goal should be conference standing. Beating your conference rival, regardless of where they stand, top or bottom, is a must for recruiting and fanbase edges. If you consider your rival ASU or UCLA, or USC (Stoops has said the LA area is an important recruiting area), asterisk those games on the schedule and make them important to your team and your fans (Our Stoops always accents Texas on the schedule at the outdoor practice field). Make it a primary team goal to be the best in the "south" Pac 10.

Finally, once you're there, you now want to win the Pac 10 every year. Your goal is Pac 10 trophies, in addition to the annual rivalries and bowl trips.

They are at step one right now - bowling. Play 13, guys :D

aj44mc
9/30/2008, 10:47 AM
Doesn't it all kinda look the same?

Thems fightin words. There is a significant difference between Tempe and Tucson. Although Tempe is a suburb located in south of Phoenix so not so different.

Taxman71
9/30/2008, 10:56 AM
I consider Mike Stoops to be one of the best IF not THE BEST defensive coaches in college football.. When I look back at the 2000 NC game I will always believe Mike's coaching stood out and was one of the huge reasons Fl. State's offense did not even score in that game.. Think about that for a minute.. Fl. State was averaging something like 40 points a game and had a heisman qb and their offense didn't even score.. That still blows me away.. Sure ya gotta give Bob a lot of credit but Mike deserves a bunch as well as Brent..

[FSUFan]That's because Snoop Minnis didn't play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![FSUFan]

boomermagic
9/30/2008, 11:54 AM

Oh sure I know they would have scored 40 points had he played..:rolleyes:

Outopia
9/30/2008, 12:42 PM

What ever happened to old Snoop? He never played in the NFL, did he? That sure was the excuse they, and all the OU haters, used after that game. Do you all remember him on the sidelines in that game? They showed him a lot.

I watched the FSU/Miami game 2000 on a re-broadcast here the other day, and Snoop played. He sure didn't stick out in that game, and they lost. Was he that good in college?

boomermagic
9/30/2008, 12:57 PM
What ever happened to old Snoop? He never played in the NFL, did he? That sure was the excuse they, and all the OU haters, used after that game. Do you all remember him on the sidelines in that game? They showed him a lot.

I watched the FSU/Miami game 2000 on a re-broadcast here the other day, and Snoop played. He sure didn't stick out in that game, and they lost. Was he that good in college?

He wasn't all that good.. They had another receiver named Antwon Bollen or something like that who did play and he was pretty good. Minnis was an excuse for them that's about all..

Taxman71
9/30/2008, 01:41 PM

I'm guessing it wasn't on KSBI...they only show our bowl losses on Saturday afternoons.

Frozen Sooner
9/30/2008, 01:47 PM
Snoop Minnis did not play in the Orange Bowl vs. Oklahoma. He was academically ineligible by an ACC rule. FSU fans made a big deal of this because he was eligible under NCAA rules.

Anquan Boldin did not put up the numbers in 2000 that Minnis did, mainly because he was a QB for part of his college career. He's a pretty good NFL receiver now, I think. I know he had some good seasons.

I still have no idea how OU won that game. When you look at the disparity in talent level on the field from the standpoint of who went on to have NFL careers, it's pretty amazing. Of the Sooners that played a ton of minutes in the Orange Bowl, the only one that I can think of who made any kind of real NFL impact was Roy Williams (though I'm sure I'm missing someone.)

Scott D
9/30/2008, 02:03 PM

he had a brief career as a non pass catching, kick return fumbling return guy for the Chefs.

boomermagic
9/30/2008, 02:42 PM
Snoop Minnis did not play in the Orange Bowl vs. Oklahoma

Thats true ! Was that just a statement you felt like making ?

Frozen Sooner
9/30/2008, 02:45 PM
Sorry, I misread Outopia's post thinking he was claiming he did play in the Orange Bowl. My fault.

boomermagic
9/30/2008, 02:45 PM
Sorry, I misread Outopia's post thinking he was claiming he did play in the Orange Bowl. My fault.

I see.. No problem...

oumartin
9/30/2008, 03:14 PM
I miss Ontei Jones

badger
9/30/2008, 03:16 PM
Snoop Minnis did not play in the Orange Bowl vs. Oklahoma. He was academically ineligible by an ACC rule. FSU fans made a big deal of this because he was eligible under NCAA rules.

Anquan Boldin did not put up the numbers in 2000 that Minnis did, mainly because he was a QB for part of his college career. He's a pretty good NFL receiver now, I think. I know he had some good seasons.

I still have no idea how OU won that game. When you look at the disparity in talent level on the field from the standpoint of who went on to have NFL careers, it's pretty amazing. Of the Sooners that played a ton of minutes in the Orange Bowl, the only one that I can think of who made any kind of real NFL impact was Roy Williams (though I'm sure I'm missing someone.)

Torrance Marshall spent several years with the Packers and I have no bad memories of the guy with our team... then again, I am a very biased GB fan.

Frozen Sooner
9/30/2008, 04:14 PM
Torrance Marshall spent several years with the Packers and I have no bad memories of the guy with our team... then again, I am a very biased GB fan.

Did Torrance Marshall ever start a game? Sure, he was on the team, but as I recall had a LOT of problems picking up the defensive schemes and rarely played.

Not really what I had in mind as an impact.

I was sure that Torrance Marshall would be an excellent NFL linebacker, by the way. Even called in to the Arnie Spanier show talking about how he was a player everyone was overlooking as a legit NFL player because he was overshadowed by a teammate.

oumartin
9/30/2008, 04:20 PM
he liked pot alot and I think it killed some brain cells. Thats what got him

badger
9/30/2008, 04:37 PM
Did Torrance Marshall ever start a game? Sure, he was on the team, but as I recall had a LOT of problems picking up the defensive schemes and rarely played.

Not really what I had in mind as an impact.

I was sure that Torrance Marshall would be an excellent NFL linebacker, by the way. Even called in to the Arnie Spanier show talking about how he was a player everyone was overlooking as a legit NFL player because he was overshadowed by a teammate.

Yeah, he started a few times - not sure how many offhand (I'm not THAT into the Packers, but close) he also played several positions for us.

Hmm... other guys... hmm... coming up short :mad:

stoops the eternal pimp
9/30/2008, 04:41 PM
Yeah he started a few...played some fullback on the goal line too I think........couldn't pick up on the D...Packers draft Nick Barnett, no longer need Marshall..cut him loose to be an ARENA FOOTBALL GOD!

birddog
9/30/2008, 04:46 PM
he had a brief career as a non pass catching, kick return fumbling return guy for the Chefs.

maybe you're thinking of someone else? is this not who we're talking about?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6390

Frozen Sooner
9/30/2008, 04:53 PM
One of my favorite moments of the 2000 season was when the announcers said something about not seeing the jailbreak screen to Morgan all game. KSU ran it the very next play and Marshall came over at full speed and blew Morgan up for like a five yard loss as soon as he caught the ball. The announcer's comment of "Oh, that's why" kept me in stitches for hours.

Scott D
9/30/2008, 08:52 PM

no we're talking about the brief Snoop Minnis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Minnis) career.

olevetonahill
9/30/2008, 09:20 PM

I thot this was who we were Talkin about :P
http://www.maxwaugh.com/images/az04/stoops.jpg

SoonerKnight
10/1/2008, 02:47 AM
he might have a job next year

boomermagic
10/1/2008, 01:38 PM
he might have a job next year

He JUST MIGHT !!!!! Ya think ?