PDA

View Full Version : I think TCU will be a force...

Soonerus
9/28/2008, 12:37 AM
...go to a decent bowl and win...they are pretty good...they would beat a lot of Big 12 teams...

Fiatil
9/28/2008, 12:44 AM
Well see the problem with that is that we may have destroyed their quarterback, just like we did with Cincinnati. I mean, both teams could be really respectable, but Cincy is now on their 3rd string quarterback, so I doubt they help our SoS down the line. Do we know how badly we injured the TCU quarterback? I hope he's alright.

sooner59
9/28/2008, 01:33 AM
Im just glad that TCU acted like they had been there before, which is more than for Cincy or UW. There was a little talking and shoving back and forth once we got up 35-3, but for the most part it was clean. I was really impressed with TCU as a team. They could still win the Mountain West.

JLEW1818
9/28/2008, 01:38 AM
I think TCU will win the Mountain West.

Cheshire Bear.
9/28/2008, 02:05 AM

Over BYU or Utah? I guess I didn't watch the same game you guys saw because y'all just threw it all over them. BYU and Utah have almost the same kind of big play ability. Different styles and not as good, but I don't think TCU can beat either of them.

oumartin
9/28/2008, 06:47 AM
Their quarterback is fine.

Rogue
9/28/2008, 06:54 AM
I agree with Fiatil.

stoopified
9/28/2008, 08:06 AM
I think TCU will win the Mountain West.Not unless their pass defense vastly improves.BYU isn't going to run 30 times agme,neither is Utah.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
9/28/2008, 09:07 AM

I could see TCU beating BYU at home and losing at Utah but I agree with the bigger point that TCU is a real good team and by the end of the year will likely be in the top 20, probably top 5 in defense statistically.

cheezyq
9/28/2008, 09:13 AM
Not unless their pass defense vastly improves.BYU isn't going to run 30 times agme,neither is Utah.

I don't think their pass defense was all that bad, we were just that good. Bradford threaded some nice throws. Plus, TCU was clearly dedicated to stopping us from running at all. I doubt they sell out to stop the run against BYU or Utah like they did with us.

TCU's strongest position was their defensive line, and they held their own against one of the best OL in the nation. You have to give them props for that.

StinnettFrog
9/28/2008, 10:42 AM
I can't start my own thread guys so I will jump in here.

First of all the trip to Norman other than the score was great. The OU fans were just as gracious this trip as the trip on 2005. The sooners team is outstanding and really put it to the Frogs.

Even though our corners had a hard time staying on their feet at times I thought the defense as a whole played well. OU just made the plays and had us reeling from the start. I thought your defense played very well and made some very good plays forcing turnovers. Some would like to blame it on our players for not putting the ball away but it was clearly just good hits by the Sooners. I expect you guys to win all of your game and wish the sooners the best of luck and thanks for another enjoyable trip to norman.

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Fort Worth in a few years.

Good Luck and GO FROGS