PDA

View Full Version : BTW, I thought the North endzone crowd was a little weak tonight...

Soonerus
9/27/2008, 11:56 PM
...I can remember when the North endzone crowd was a real factor...

Paperclip
9/28/2008, 12:55 AM
Bullcrap. NEZ was fine. When TCU had the ball in the north end the fans responded making it very difficult for them to audible at the line, etc.

Soonerus
9/28/2008, 01:02 AM
I disagree I thought the North endzone was a little light tonight..hey, we all have off days...

Flagstaffsooner
9/28/2008, 01:04 AM
Luther farted up there.

sooner59
9/28/2008, 01:11 AM
The student section was pretty weak IMO today. We only got real loud maybe 3 times. And we got really apathetic once we got up 21-3. We never even began to yell until TCU was already lined up calling the cadence....thats way too late. I get frustrated that our student section is so inconsistant with the use of crowd noise. When I am yelling during their huddle and I am the only person in my section yelling, it makes me wonder whether people go there to cheer on our team or make use of the game for social hour.

Soonerus
9/28/2008, 01:17 AM
The student section was the only noticeable area of the crowd to leave early...like at halftime....

yermom
9/28/2008, 01:17 AM
it's my fault. i moved to the West siiiiide

Soonerus
9/28/2008, 01:19 AM
it's my fault. i moved to the West siiiiide

maybe u were by me...

yermom
9/28/2008, 01:25 AM
i think i was in Section 8, maybe 30 rows up?

Soonerus
9/28/2008, 01:28 AM
section 5, 51 rows up

Paperclip
9/28/2008, 01:34 AM
section 5, 51 rows up

You're on the West side and have the nerve to talk about the NEZ? Give me a break.

Soonerus
9/28/2008, 01:37 AM
I have witnessed the North end zone be a real factor before imo...not tonight kind of weak...

OUstud
9/28/2008, 03:02 AM
First defensive possession, student section and NEZ were quite loud I thought. We were all screaming our lungs out.

2k2 c5
9/28/2008, 10:05 AM
Luther farted up there.

I could hear it from the south end. But I thought it was the horsepigs.

OKMAGIC
9/28/2008, 10:20 AM
NEZ rules!! Always!!

OKLA21FAN
9/28/2008, 04:23 PM
A TCU fan came up to me after the game and said the OU crowd was by far louder and more a factor than he witnessed last year at Texas. While he said the Texas fans can get loud singing Texas Fight, they were not a factor during the game. He thought the OU fans 'were smart' and in the game and made a difference on key plays when TCU had the ball.

just passing along an observation.

(btw, RUS, I looked for you at LN, but couldn't guess which RV might be yours! :P )

sooner59
9/28/2008, 04:39 PM
First defensive possession, student section and NEZ were quite loud I thought. We were all screaming our lungs out.

You are absolutely right. This is the problem. After that it just calmed down a little. We could make a bigger difference if we were loud the entire time the opposition had the ball....before, during, and after plays and while they are in the huddle, not just when they are at the line of scrimmage. At the very least our student section, which I am in, should do this. I looked down Saturday when we were up 21-3 and on defense on 3rd down, and there are students who just sit down and stopped watching the game and decided to have a conversation instead. Im yelling when TCU is in the huddle and I look around and people are talking and many are not even yelling at all or paying attention. The people in my area did not seem very interested in the game, whereas they were pretty decent during the Cincy game. I don't get it. :confused:

soonersweetie
9/28/2008, 05:20 PM
I don't get it either. If you go to the game for any other reason than to watch the game, stay home, what's the point? Let someone else have your ticket and enjoy the game.

OU-HSV
9/28/2008, 06:51 PM
Bullcrap. NEZ was fine. When TCU had the ball in the north end the fans responded making it very difficult for them to audible at the line, etc.

Agreed...it got pretty damn loud when they were down in safety territory.
I know my voice was jacked up after the game...I yelled my *** off when the time called for it.

SoFla Sooner
9/28/2008, 07:15 PM
You guys all did a good job. Now give each other hugs and lets move on.

signed, South Florida TV watcher.

deweydw
9/28/2008, 07:26 PM
This was my first game and I was in the NEZ. When ever play was on our end. We were on our feet making noise. Just seemed to me that the game was spent more at the south end. But I had a great time anyway.