PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

SoonerJack
9/27/2008, 09:59 PM
or did I get a little dumber by listening to the FSN announcers tonight.?

The worst was their brilliant analysis of what was "clearly a catch by TCU" (the play where the guy's feet were in bounds but he didn't keep control of the ball when he fell down out of bounds.

Holy mackerel they went on FOREVER about how it was going to be overturned and it was a catch and blah blah blah. Then when the ref says the dude didn't have control announcer tool #2 says "oh, I didn't even notice that he didn't hold on to the ball. I was lookin' at his feet."

Well announcer #2, you're paid to look at the whole picture. Evidently since you are incapable of doing that, please keep your stupid trap shut.

GottaHavePride
9/27/2008, 10:05 PM
The announcers sucked. The camera guys sucked. Whoever put together the commercial-bump highlight clips sucked. And whoever kept cutting back to the plays late so we missed a ton of snaps at the beginning of the game? Yeah, they sucked.

Good win, though. ;)

bluedogok
9/27/2008, 10:09 PM
...but they didn't cut away to another "more competitive" game in the second half. I'll take FSN and their announcers because the game is usually on throughout and in HD.

royalfan5
9/27/2008, 10:11 PM
I'm going hear Big Boy formation in my sleep tonight, and I only watched the first hour while waiting for the Nebraska game.

King Crimson
9/27/2008, 10:13 PM
Dave Lapham is the same guy who argued last year against ISU that even though an ISU player committed pass interference he had tried really hard. so hard in fact, he deserved a no call.

and i agree with RF about "big boy formation".

royalfan5
9/27/2008, 10:15 PM
About the Big Boy formation, don't most people refer to that as an Ace set?

soonerinabilene
9/27/2008, 10:15 PM
"This game could be played in a phone booth" and "Sam Bradford is running the option at OU this year, he's just pitching it up the field instead of back." are still making me bash my head into the wall.

badger
9/27/2008, 10:17 PM
:les: At least you guys were on the tee vee - we had to actually go to Stillwater! [hairGel]

tommieharris91
9/27/2008, 10:17 PM
Dave Lapham: "Sam Bradford is running the option by throwing the ball down the field."

I put this in the game thread, but it belongs here too.

tommieharris91
9/27/2008, 10:18 PM
:les: At least you guys were on the tee vee - we had to actually go to Stillwater! [hairGel]

Only aggys think that is a good thing.

badger
9/27/2008, 10:20 PM
Only aggys think that is a good thing.

I wonder what their attendance was... I know! I'll visit their official site!

Saturday’s attendance of 52,463 is the largest home crowd in OSU football history. The previous high was 51,458 against Oklahoma on Nov. 3, 1979.

Wow... a record set against Troy :D

OSU is now 14-3 in non-conference games under head coach Mike Gundy...

Hmmm... warning to all who dare venture to OP.com this week: They're gonna be PO'd if they aren't ranked.

OUinFLA
9/27/2008, 10:23 PM
I enjoyed the Hooter's comercials much better than the fat guy dancing the Dr Pepper dance on the goal post.

tommieharris91
9/27/2008, 10:34 PM
Hmmm... warning to all who dare venture to OP.com this week: They're gonna be PO'd if they aren't ranked.

They really should be ranked this week. They are definitely better than 20-25 going into this week. I bet you could find some fun threads about them being better than us because they scored more points than us this week.

And that 52k record number is still 8k short of a sellout.

Curly Bill
9/27/2008, 10:37 PM
Besides Jim Knox the rest of the FSN crew sucked. Still, it beats listening to the radio broadcast and their unmatched degree of suck.

SouthFortySooner
9/27/2008, 10:59 PM
Besides Jim Knox the rest of the FSN crew sucked. Still, it beats listening to the radio broadcast and their unmatched degree of suck.

left the house a little late to watch the game. heard this from BB.. " HE'S WIDE OPEN, ...no deflected... nearly intercepted. :confused:

Curly Bill
9/27/2008, 11:01 PM
left the house a little late to watch the game. heard this from BB.. " HE'S WIDE OPEN, ...no deflected... nearly intercepted. :confused:

That's classic BB. :D

tulsaoilerfan
9/27/2008, 11:02 PM
I enjoyed the Hooter's comercials much better than the fat guy dancing the Dr Pepper dance on the goal post.

She sure was easy on the eyes :D

Curly Bill
9/27/2008, 11:03 PM
She sure was easy on the eyes :D

Yes, yes, yes, indeedy. :)