PDA

View Full Version : AMBER ALERT! AMBER ALERT!

DrZaius
9/27/2008, 09:04 PM
Missing: 1 Running game

Please if anyone finds it contact Bob Stoops immediately. :)

Credit does go to TCU's Line for playing well but jeez!

Turd_Ferguson
9/27/2008, 09:17 PM
Not dig'n on your thread title.

DrZaius
9/27/2008, 09:18 PM
It looks like they have the laces tied together. An area of concern I believe.

SouthFortySooner
9/27/2008, 09:48 PM
I think the Amber Alert should be reserved for true emergencys. Yeah, big deal you made me click your thread first but its kinda like yelling fire in a crowded room to people who have children.

CK Sooner
9/27/2008, 09:59 PM
Hopefully Bob adresses this in the press conference, I would like to see how he explains it.

mfosterftw
9/27/2008, 10:32 PM
I think the Amber Alert should be reserved for true emergencys. Yeah, big deal you made me click your thread first but its kinda like yelling fire in a crowded room to people who have children.

Puh-lease. Regardless of if you have children (what does that have to do with it, anyway?), what were you going to do, get in your car and go look for the kid? NO. Let's not make Amber Alerts any more overrated than they already are. I like the concept of Amber Alerts (I got three kids), but getting them via email, IM box flashes, weather radio, or anywhere else where the recipient is just sitting around at home (not to mention being 200+ miles away) is a classic example of increasingly diminishing returns reducing the overall efficiency of the process. The setting off of weather radio tone alerts is particularly egregious. What am I supposed to do at 3AM, get out of bed and look for the kid? No, I unplug the damn thing and yank the battery, rendering it useless in the event of the next eventual REAL emergency.

[/threadjack]

SouthFortySooner
9/27/2008, 10:38 PM
Puh-lease. Regardless of if you have children (what does that have to do with it, anyway?), what were you going to do, get in your car and go look for the kid? NO. Let's not make Amber Alerts any more overrated than they already are. I like the concept of Amber Alerts (I got three kids), but getting them via email, IM box flashes, weather radio, or anywhere else where the recipient is just sitting around at home (not to mention being 200+ miles away) is a classic example of increasingly diminishing returns reducing the overall efficiency of the process. The setting off of weather radio tone alerts is particularly egregious. What am I supposed to do at 3AM, get out of bed and look for the kid? No, I unplug the damn thing and yank the battery, rendering it useless in the event of the next eventual REAL emergency.

[/threadjack]

Good point. Now I'll go kill this wolf I see trotting across my pasture.

2k2 c5
9/28/2008, 10:46 AM
I liked Wilson's comment, they wouldn't get their ankles hurt if they moved their feet.....

OK2LA
9/28/2008, 10:55 AM
If you click on a thread in a football forum, expecting to solve a cold case file - we might have other issues to discuss

fadada1
9/28/2008, 11:13 AM
lighten up, francis.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/28/2008, 11:36 AM
Tap the breaks! TCU had 8-9 men in the box blitzing the gaps... it was a numbers game and TCU sold out to stop the run.... period! If a team does that well you get the passing of 450 yards and 4 TDs.... so you take what they give you.. A very good team will not sell out like this such as TX... and then we can see if the running game gets back on tract with running lanes.

Actually the TCU game plan was not bad, you are going to play a team that is superior in every way... sell out to the run get OU to 3rd and 10 the back of into coverage and hope you get an INT or a stop... and you got to see some of that in the 3rd quarter. However, I think Sam could have went to Manny about 90% of the time as he had single coverage all night.
Funny thing is Sam had a bad game and still pull offed 400+ yards and 4 TDs.. I say a bad game tongue and cheek.... he was off on a few passes and a few dropped.

The Maestro
9/28/2008, 11:46 AM
My problem is when Wilson says in the post game that OU probably should have thrown the ball more since they were playing man to man and had 8-9 in the box. DUH!!! Well then do it DURING the game! Take what the defense gives you...simple as that. I don't care if we throw the ball 80 times a game. If 8-9 are in the box and man coverage, throw it like crazy. There is no need to keep trying to exact your will on a defense aimed at stopping the run.

josh09
9/28/2008, 11:46 AM
Missing: 1 Running game

Please if anyone finds it contact Bob Stoops immediately. :)

Credit does go to TCU's Line for playing well but jeez!

Well they WERE the #1 defense in the nation until yesterday :)

Sherpa
9/28/2008, 12:00 PM
They were not playing 9 in the box. Shut Up. I'm so sick of that excuse. Every college team faces 8 men in the box -- but they block them. We don't. Its a recurring problem that Wilson can't seem to fix.

yermom
9/28/2008, 12:01 PM
i think it was safer to just run into the pile at the end of the game

3 things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad :)

birddog
9/28/2008, 12:22 PM
They were not playing 9 in the box. Shut Up. I'm so sick of that excuse. Every college team faces 8 men in the box -- but they block them. We don't. Its a recurring problem that Wilson can't seem to fix.

someone's in a foul mood, huh? shut up? how old are you?

here, have some more red. it looks like you don't have enough after 12 posts.

Curly Bill
9/28/2008, 12:23 PM
someone's in a foul mood, huh? shut up? how old are you?

here, have some more red. it looks like you don't have enough after 12 posts.

I did my best. :O

soonerfan28
9/28/2008, 01:51 PM
Is our running game a child?

setem
9/28/2008, 02:04 PM
They stacked against the run just like everyone is said. How many touched did our RB's have last night?

We played TCU the way we should have. They lined up against the run and got beat in the air.

I don't think I have seen Sam on the ground as much as a I did last night.

We beat the hell out of a ranked team. Be happy about it!

swardboy
9/28/2008, 02:07 PM
Although it should be obvious we could have carved them up by 60 points if we had thrown, thrown, thrown, for some reason we didn't. I have to believe Stoops mandated that playcalling for one of two reasons, or both: 1) To keep our team humble by making them work on a weakness when the game was well in hand , or/and 2) To give future opponents the idea they can sell out to stop the run and get away with it.

yermom
9/28/2008, 02:48 PM
if they score wasn't already lopsided, i'm sure we wouldn't have been pushing the run

we didn't need more points, we needed the game to be over.

TCU didn't get away with anything. a real competitive team isn't going to load the box all night and allow BIG passing plays in the process.

Manny and his new single game Sooner record thank them for putting all their guys on the LOS all night

Leroy Lizard
9/28/2008, 05:53 PM
The running game was part of the game plan. If you are leading, you stick with the game plan.

OK2LA
9/28/2008, 06:00 PM
i think it was safer to just run into the pile at the end of the game

3 things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad :)

Remind me again - what are those two things . . .

stoopified
9/28/2008, 06:57 PM
Not cool

JohnnyMack
9/28/2008, 07:25 PM
<yawns>

I like waffles.

goingoneight
9/28/2008, 08:04 PM
I knew someone would melt down about not being able to run the ball against an 8-man front that just-so-happens to be the best run defense in college football so far.
We were up by 25 points... remind me again why we should start picking on OUr coaching staff again.

Hell, tell Barry Switzer he'd get out of a game 35-10... he'd take it in a heartbeat.

fossil
9/28/2008, 08:24 PM

:mad: Yes, they were playing 9 in the box!!! When the sell their soul to stop the run and are effective doing it because there are more tacklers than blockers, why does that make the Sooner running game bad??? They took what they could get and pass for a helluva lot of yardage. I heard Beano Cook complaining about the running game today, but he would not acknowledge there were 9 in the box and the corners left to cover alone. Beano is a dumb *** anyway.

DrZaius
9/28/2008, 08:55 PM
:pop:

85sooners
9/28/2008, 09:06 PM
:gary:

Partial Qualifier
9/28/2008, 09:08 PM
I agree with yermom. I was frustrated with the boredom of watching us run:no gain, straight into the teeth of their defense in the 3rd and 4th but we had this game in hand and it was probably the prudent thing to do.

boomermagic
9/29/2008, 08:21 AM
Tap the breaks! TCU had 8-9 men in the box blitzing the gaps... it was a numbers game and TCU sold out to stop the run.... period! If a team does that well you get the passing of 450 yards and 4 TDs.... so you take what they give you.. A very good team will not sell out like this such as TX... and then we can see if the running game gets back on tract with running lanes.

Actually the TCU game plan was not bad, you are going to play a team that is superior in every way... sell out to the run get OU to 3rd and 10 the back of into coverage and hope you get an INT or a stop... and you got to see some of that in the 3rd quarter. However, I think Sam could have went to Manny about 90% of the time as he had single coverage all night.
Funny thing is Sam had a bad game and still pull offed 400+ yards and 4 TDs.. I say a bad game tongue and cheek.... he was off on a few passes and a few dropped.

I don't think Sam had a BAD game at all even if you stretch it..

Great game Sam Bradford !

boomermagic
9/29/2008, 08:22 AM
:mad: Yes, they were playing 9 in the box!!! When the sell their soul to stop the run and are effective doing it because there are more tacklers than blockers, why does that make the Sooner running game bad??? They took what they could get and pass for a helluva lot of yardage. I heard Beano Cook complaining about the running game today, but he would not acknowledge there were 9 in the box and the corners left to cover alone. Beano is a dumb *** anyway.

No, They were not playing 9 in the box..

olevetonahill
9/29/2008, 08:25 AM
I did my best. :O

I added my lil pekker :D

soonerhubs
9/29/2008, 08:37 AM
Does anyone stop to think that this would be perfect "practice" against the run D since the game was already won?

Not only does it burn the clock, but it gives our Offense the opportunity to improve their schemes. I'm sure the game tape will be some awesome material to review this week.

olevetonahill
9/29/2008, 08:56 AM
Does anyone stop to think that this would be perfect "practice" against the run D since the game was already won?

Not only does it burn the clock, but it gives our Offense the opportunity to improve their schemes. I'm sure the game tape will be some awesome material to review this week.

You , Me and a Few others , But the thread starter ? Not so much :rolleyes:

UberSooner
9/29/2008, 09:12 AM
Two words to Coach W: Quick slant. I only saw us throw one incomplete, and know I don't even play a coach on t.v.

KingBarry
9/29/2008, 12:00 PM
My problem is when Wilson says in the post game that OU probably should have thrown the ball more since they were playing man to man and had 8-9 in the box. DUH!!! Well then do it DURING the game! Take what the defense gives you...simple as that. I don't care if we throw the ball 80 times a game. If 8-9 are in the box and man coverage, throw it like crazy. There is no need to keep trying to exact your will on a defense aimed at stopping the run.

I'm with you on that. What happened to throwing the ball to loosen up the run defense? Force them to drop a guy or two back in coverage then run all over them.

yermom
9/29/2008, 12:10 PM
I'm with you on that. What happened to throwing the ball to loosen up the run defense? Force them to drop a guy or two back in coverage then run all over them.

during the game we did that. they still stacked the box though even after getting torched by the Bradford/Iglesias show

at least by running the ball like that they didn't get any more shots in on Bradford

shaun4411
9/29/2008, 12:29 PM
it isnt so much that the run game was shutdown by putting 8 and 9 in the box, but that in the face of this, ou still had quite a few 3 and outs by doing this : run run run punt. run run pass punt. run run pass punt. okay taht isnt working. lets try this, run run run punt. theyre still putting in 9? okay try this pass pass td. ohhh okay i like this . do it again. pass pass pass td. man that johnson kid is good. pass pass run pass td. alright this is good. lets try that running thing again. run run run punt. hmm... okay lets try it again. run run run punt. hmm. lets mix it up a little bit. run run..okay its 3rd and long...they wont expect this...pass punt. damn. this magic 8 ball isnt doing a very good job.

Dio
9/29/2008, 12:35 PM
at least by running the ball like that they didn't get any more shots in on Bradford

Bingo

SOONERxWife73
9/29/2008, 06:44 PM
W L

-- --

all that matters