PDA

View Full Version : Dear Bob, Please Fire Brent Venables!!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/27/2008, 08:19 PM
3 points!!!! Give me a ****ing break!!

HSC-Sooner
9/27/2008, 09:39 PM
Yeah, 10 points is unacceptable :D

tulsaoilerfan
9/27/2008, 09:39 PM
Defense played well considering how long they were on the field tonight

David Earl
9/27/2008, 09:41 PM
Points shmoints. Fire everybody!

Boomer.....
9/27/2008, 09:50 PM
They all suck!

badger
9/27/2008, 09:53 PM
Fire Brent. That side bump he took at the end of the game from the defensive ends looked rather wimpy on his end. He's obviously not pulling his weight on the line.

tommieharris91
9/27/2008, 09:55 PM
We will never be #1 again until he is fired.

badger
9/27/2008, 09:58 PM
We will never be #1 again until he is fired.

Yes. And someone tell him that black is NOT a school color of OU... or is that the idea?

SouthFortySooner
9/27/2008, 10:04 PM
yeah... why he put that running back at linebacker. huh?

Sabanball
9/27/2008, 10:13 PM
Lol...you guys are spoiled. BV is one of the reason you ARE where you are at....

badger
9/27/2008, 10:17 PM
Lol...you guys are spoiled. BV is one of the reason you ARE where you are at....

And money is one of the reasons you are where you are, friend :)

Sabanball
9/27/2008, 10:35 PM
And money is one of the reasons you are where you are, friend :)

So you are saying that Bob Stoops makes bad decisions on which coaches to hire and retain? What a f****** idiot....

tommieharris91
9/27/2008, 10:40 PM
So you are saying that Bob Stoops makes bad decisions on which coaches to hire and retain? What a f****** idiot....

Yes. Venables is the single reason we lose every game we have ever lost. Even in the 90s when he wasn't around, Venables was always where the blame went for every loss.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/27/2008, 10:42 PM
Yeah that is what I am saying, Venables is a big turd...and Stoops is a bigger turd for keeping him. In fact they would be the biggest turds if it wasn't Nick being so extremely turdy and bailing out on the Dolphins. National Championship teams don't give up 10 points...THE END

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/27/2008, 10:43 PM
Blake would have won 4 National Titles if it wasn't for Venables

Sooner Eclipse
9/27/2008, 10:44 PM

Did UGA break the sarcasm meter off in your *** tonight? Geez this entire thread is a joke...

badger
9/27/2008, 10:47 PM
Did UGA break the sarcasm meter off in your *** tonight? Geez this entire thread is a joke...

+1. There's no reason to be all riled up (until the end of the season, when we assure you that our team will beat yours in the title game). We both had great wins tonight.

soonerfire13
9/28/2008, 12:41 AM
I didnt think it could be any worse than watching TCU expose or defense and rack up 3 poits in the 1st half, but then I had to watch TCU torch our defense for 7 points in the 2nd half. Venables is obviously the reason we allowed TCU to score at will.

If we allow TCU to light us up, just think what Baylor will do to the Sooners next week.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/28/2008, 01:21 AM
Yes. And someone tell him that black is NOT a school color of OU... or is that the idea?

Don't they do that though so the players can quickly spot them on the sidelines?

JLEW1818
9/28/2008, 01:34 AM
IS JG okay?

tommieharris91
9/28/2008, 01:39 AM
IS JG okay?

Didn't you hear he's 7 months pregnant?

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/28/2008, 01:54 AM
Brent Venables caused the 47 game winning streak to be snapped....13 years before he was born.

ousooners182
9/28/2008, 05:08 AM
pretty sure gresham just has a stinger..i went back on dvr and he came in again after he was hurt

GrapevineSooner
9/28/2008, 07:29 AM
Brent Venables caused us to lose the 1978 Orange Bowl to Arkansas.

DeadSolidPerfect
9/28/2008, 07:30 AM
If we allow TCU to light us up, just think what Baylor will do to the Sooners next week.

If Baylor scores more that 10 pts., I say Venerables finds his own way home!!1!!!11!

josh09
9/28/2008, 11:51 AM
They all suck!

I think its time we actually shut down all football operations :D :rolleyes:

boomrsoonr
9/28/2008, 12:18 PM
I wish someone would fire the special teams coach. :D

badger
9/28/2008, 01:12 PM
Don't they do that though so the players can quickly spot them on the sidelines?

No, they do that so that when he screws up, they pretend like's not one of their coaches.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/robbeck/sarcasm_meter.jpg

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/28/2008, 02:32 PM
Also, this is little known but he had prior knowledge of Pearl Harbor and "failed" to mention it to FDR :(

Charla
9/28/2008, 09:44 PM
WAS HE THE ONE THAT SHOT THE KIDS IN THE DORM BACK IN THE 80'S OR DID HE JUST SUPPLY THE GUN ?

goingoneight
9/28/2008, 09:52 PM
I'm glad Brent Venables wasn't on staff in 2000... guys like Torrance Marshall, Rocky Calmus and TRRW didn't need that nogoodsumbee against FSU. :D

Gawd I hope BV understands innerweb sarcasm. :O

Sabanball
9/28/2008, 09:54 PM
WAS HE THE ONE THAT SHOT THE KIDS IN THE DORM BACK IN THE 80'S OR DID HE JUST SUPPLY THE GUN ?

No..but if you listen to you idiots, he evidently was the one that...

drove the sooner schooner onto the field during the '85 Orange Bowl like a f***ing idiot

Told Barry to recruit Marcus Dupree

failed to recover all of Billy Sims' fumbles in the '78 Nebraska game

Somehow managed to let go of Johnny Rodgers during his punt return in the game of the century

And I guess you idiots even want to blame him for the death of Jesus Christ himself...

You guys are SO spoiled..............

badger
9/28/2008, 10:05 PM

drove the sooner schooner onto the field during the '85 Orange Bowl like a f***ing idiot

Somehow managed to let go of Johnny Rodgers during his punt return in the game of the century

And I guess you idiots even want to blame him for the death of Jesus Christ himself...

You forgot something!

He also nearly cost us the game against you in 2002 for not preparing the team for an onside kick on the opening kickoff. He should have known that with absent mind like Franny Fran Fran at the helm, anything was possible, including a backwards kick.

jdsooner
9/28/2008, 11:15 PM
Even though he wasn't born yet, Venables is responsible for Dick Lynch's touchdown for Notre Dame that ended OUr 47-game winning streak. Notre Dame won 7-0! Venables and the horse-pig mascots must go!

For an interesting article about that game; click this link:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/college/article.aspx?subjectID=92&articleID=071116_238_B1_hFift47475

Collier11
9/28/2008, 11:29 PM
Venables and the horse-pig mascots must go!

DONT YOU DARE associate the horse pigs with that bum

jdsooner
9/28/2008, 11:51 PM

Don't be fooled. Venables invented the horse-pigs and decided that Boomer Sooner would not be played after touchdowns! We had no horse-pigs when Mike Stoops was here!

Collier11
9/28/2008, 11:52 PM
If only Mike Stoops had several games where our D crapped their pants some of these "fans" would give BV a break...too bad that never happened

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/28/2008, 11:59 PM
Brent Venables caused the 47 game winning streak to be snapped....13 years before he was born.

Even though he wasn't born yet, Venables is responsible for Dick Lynch's touchdown for Notre Dame that ended OUr 47-game winning streak. Notre Dame won 7-0! Venables and the horse-pig mascots must go!

Way to be original...

olevetonahill
9/29/2008, 12:05 AM

NO dayum it
Pay tention . He was the ONE on the Grassy Knoll :eek:

jdsooner
9/29/2008, 12:07 AM
Way to be original...

Brent Venables prevented me from seeing that post.
And in case I didn't mention it, Brent Venables is responsible for our loss to Notre Dame.

olevetonahill
9/29/2008, 12:09 AM
Brent Venables prevented me from seeing that post.
And in case I didn't mention it, Brent Venables is responsible for our loss to Notre Dame.

That Bastage BV was the dude that gave My Dad the Condom to keep me from being born .:mad:

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/29/2008, 12:09 AM
Brent Venables blew the whistle on Charles Thompson.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/29/2008, 03:57 AM
Very close but not quite..
Everyone knows the Jews killed Jesus...but who invented the Jews...that's right Brent Venables

badger
9/29/2008, 09:46 AM

Dear, sweet horse pigs, I apologize for my colleague over there mentioning you in the same sentence as the travesty that is BV. And now, an ode to Fire Venables Now.

When it comes to batteries, they must be rechargable.
When it comes to dinners, I prefer microwavables.
Don't give me no fine china, they must be dishwasherables
But if all else goes wrong, at least fire Brent Venables.

(chorus)
He resume is so trashables
His coaching is so laughables
That is why we sing "IF ABLES!
PLEASE FIRE BRENT VENABLES!"

Now dear resident opposing fan, why so seriousables?
Don't you realize this matter is so jokeables?
With Mike Stoops in Arizonables
We have no alternative to Venables.

So let's all be chordiables
Share some more fine laughables
But don't say anything you can't backtrackables
About dear Mr. Brent Venables

:D

stoopified
9/29/2008, 11:00 AM
There are an awful lot of missing :D in this thread.

birddog
9/29/2008, 11:02 AM
There are an awful lot of missing :D in this thread.

that's ok. it's humorous to see sabanball get all bent out of shape because he doesn't recognize the soonerfans quirky, twisted humor.

Collier11
9/29/2008, 11:41 AM
that's ok. it's humorous to see sabanball get all bent out of shape because he doesn't recognize the soonerfans quirky, twisted humor.

His coach is NICK SABAN, he should be used to the smart azzed ****tiness of our tone

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/28/2009, 08:50 PM
I am going to go ahead and bump this **** for next week ;)

CK Sooner
8/28/2009, 08:54 PM
Texas Game

"The facts are this: Crow was credited with five tackles during his involvement in that game, including one tackle for a loss.

Reynolds, who actually played more football on that day before going down, even accounted for just three tackles - no tackles for losses, no pass break ups and no sacks - just three tackles.

But Crow, and Venables, became the poster boys for everything that went wrong during the second half of play last October. Never mind the fact Crow wasn't the player called for two personal fouls while ushering McCoy out of bounds in the second half, that was Travis Lewis.

Never mind Crow wasn't the reason the most powerful college offense in the history of the game scored just seven points in the fourth quarter.

Never mind Crow wasn't responsible for Jordan Shipley returning a kickoff for a touchdown directly after an OU score gave the Sooners a 14-3 lead.

Ask any Sooner fan why OU lost that game last year in Dallas, and they'll likely place the blame on Brent Venables or Brandon Crow. And even if they don't blame Crow directly, they blame Venables for not having a better player available.

Either way you slice it, Crow ends up criticized.

"Everything that happened, happened for a reason I guess," said Crow when asked of his thoughts of the criticism he received from that loss. "I'm here and I'm doing the best job I can do..."

gaylordfan1
8/28/2009, 08:56 PM
Was this after the TCU game? I wasn't here for this one. Crazy looking back, one of our losses was on the Def, and the other was on poor red zone play calling. Def ended stout though.

gaylordfan1
8/28/2009, 09:02 PM
Well, they did exploit Crow... You really can't use number of tackles to explain RR presence on the field. The inside dump passes to Shipley didn't work when he was in. They did however work when Crow was in. Maybe thats why Crow had so many tackles because Colt was going directly at him as soon as he stepped onto the field. Crow would have had more tackles if he stopped those passes. Just my opinion though. But agreed they should have been stopped reguardless, or some def changes should have been instituted.

Eielson
8/28/2009, 10:16 PM
Never mind Crow wasn't the reason the most powerful college offense in the history of the game scored just seven points in the fourth quarter.

Venables was, though.

CK Sooner
8/28/2009, 10:24 PM
Venables was, though.

:confused:

Collier11
8/29/2009, 02:12 AM
Dumb Dumb, Dumb Dumb

SoonerKnight
8/29/2009, 02:47 AM
Crows on the offense now isn't he?

gaylordfan1
8/29/2009, 10:13 AM
Yes, he is listed as 2nd team FB. I hear he is busting some heads. I was surprised. Maybe he found his calling.

StoopTroup
8/29/2009, 10:16 AM
This Brent guy. Is he a Coach?

JLEW1818
8/29/2009, 11:08 AM
:mack:

badger
8/29/2009, 11:12 AM
I see that I was in my "awful poetry" mode last season... there is no greater way to show sarcasm :D