PDA

View Full Version : A Norman tradition....

Soonerus
9/27/2008, 09:29 AM
http://www.normantranscript.com/localnews/local_story_271012456

Rogue
9/27/2008, 09:43 AM
Campus Corner changes every few years.
I only recognize The Deli and Othellos from the article.
I hate to hear that it's losing it's college feel.

Calvin really is an institution. Good article.

Lott's Bandana
9/27/2008, 10:02 AM
Campus Corner changes every few years.
I only recognize The Deli and Othellos from the article.
I hate to hear that it's losing it's college feel.

Calvin really is an institution. Good article.

It is mostly what you said in the first sentence, Rogue. CC is cyclical. When the Boomer closed I thought it was all over. Harold's was recently up for lease, but the Powell's worked it out. No Buchannan St Post Office any longer...:( The new O'Connell's is open. Ratliff's moved around the corner. Starbucks' is ALWAYS busy. Louie's ain't The Town Tavern but it has been there long enough for folks to have fond memories. Toto's is still there, as is the Market across the street that still looks exactly the same as it did in 1975. Does anyone miss Walter Mitty's?

Said hi to Calvin yesterday. Nice article.

King Crimson
9/27/2008, 10:51 AM
Louie's is alright. they don't serve fries or rings with their burgers which is criminal. Market across from the Deli: the Sunshine Store.

Lott's Bandana
9/27/2008, 11:44 AM
Louie's is alright. they don't serve fries or rings with their burgers which is criminal. Market across from the Deli: the Sunshine Store.

That's it!

The criminal thing is, their fries at their other locations are teh win.

Rogue
9/27/2008, 12:04 PM
Campus Corner in my days (93-98):

Double Onion Cheeseburgers at the Quarter House
Curt Hill at Brothers (brothers too came later)
The Deli
Liberty D's
Joe's Taverna
Othello's
NY Bagel
The Library and The Mont(close enough to the corner to count)
Sunshine

Flagstaffsooner
9/27/2008, 04:26 PM
Walter Mitty's:D Anyone remember Pearl?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/28/2008, 12:30 AM
Campus Corner in my days (93-98):

Double Onion Cheeseburgers at the Quarter House
Curt Hill at Brothers (brothers too came later)
The Deli
Liberty D's
Joe's Taverna
Othello's
NY Bagel
The Library and The Mont(close enough to the corner to count)
Sunshine

Man, I loved Liberty D's. I think it closed my sophomore year ('99). Sad day for me.

Animal Mother
9/29/2008, 11:15 AM
It is mostly what you said in the first sentence, Rogue. CC is cyclical. When the Boomer closed I thought it was all over. Harold's was recently up for lease, but the Powell's worked it out. No Buchannan St Post Office any longer...:( The new O'Connell's is open. Ratliff's moved around the corner. Starbucks' is ALWAYS busy. Louie's ain't The Town Tavern but it has been there long enough for folks to have fond memories. Toto's is still there, as is the Market across the street that still looks exactly the same as it did in 1975. Does anyone miss Walter Mitty's?

Said hi to Calvin yesterday. Nice article.

I was a freshman in ’75 and we called the it the Sunshine Rip-Off Store. Actually my buddies that were a year older dubbed it so in ’74. We called the store by Cate Center “Half-As*”. Wasn’t it “Half-Acre” or something? I don’t think I was ever there during daylight hours. I probably wasn’t awake much during daylight hours in 75-76.

Taxman71
9/29/2008, 03:04 PM
The worst part of CC is watching the posers line up at 747 after the football games. Totally out of place in that setting.