PDA

View Full Version : One More Reason to Hate Pete Carroll...

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/26/2008, 11:48 PM
If this has been mentioned before, sorry. I searched, didn't see it.

Pete Carroll was on Lou Holtz's staff for the 1978 Orange Bowl, which OU lost 31-6, and Switzer called the most heartbreaking loss of his career.

F*** that guy.

tulsaoilerfan
9/27/2008, 12:12 AM
Really? I didn't know that and i thought i knew everything remotely OU football related. :)

PDTsooner
9/27/2008, 12:40 AM
That's a bit harsh. I didn't like loosing to usc, but don't hate the guy. He runs a good program. After his loss to Az st he gave them complete credit, a class answer. Now Les Miles, that's a different story.

JLEW1818
9/27/2008, 01:06 AM
I honestly think I could take him!

Leroy Lizard
9/27/2008, 01:48 AM
He was only a grad assistant.

olevetonahill
9/27/2008, 01:52 AM
That's a bit harsh. I didn't like loosing to usc, but don't hate the guy. He runs a good program. After his loss to Az st he gave them complete credit, a class answer. Now Les Miles, that's a different story.

PC runs a Class Program ?:eek: :rolleyes:

AlbqSooner
9/27/2008, 07:00 AM
Who is Pete Carroll? Seems like I used to know but for the life of me I can't remember. ;)

Flagstaffsooner
9/27/2008, 07:18 AM
Like I need more reasons to HATE Pete Carroll?

bluedogok
9/27/2008, 10:13 AM
I could care less if he was on the Lou Holzths staff at Arkansas, I dislike him for the "choke" gesture towards Don Shula when he was the Jets defensive coordinator. It showed just what a classless tool he is. That is not a proper gesture for ANY coach to do at any level.

NY Times - PRO FOOTBALL; And Now Carroll Makes An Extra Point: He's Sorry (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0CE7DB1F31F931A15751C1A9649582 60)

...awww...isn't that nice he was sorry about it :rolleyes:

badger
9/27/2008, 10:15 AM
He runs a good program.

Yes, USC is a squeaky clean program :rolleyes:

:D Don't hate, just dislike :D

soonersweetie
9/27/2008, 11:04 AM
I knew I didn't like him for more reasons than just USC. I remember that Orange Bowl, I was 10 yrs old and after we lost that game, I went to my room and just started throwing things I was so mad. My mom got so mad at my dad for instilling that love of all things OU in me, lol. To her, it's only a game. She knows better than to say that to me though ;)

zeke
9/27/2008, 11:23 AM
USC a good program...WTF?

Cant stand to watch PC. Way way to cool.

SoonerInLubbock
9/27/2008, 12:10 PM
I knew I didn't like him for more reasons than just USC. I remember that Orange Bowl, I was 10 yrs old and after we lost that game, I went to my room and just started throwing things I was so mad. My mom got so mad at my dad for instilling that love of all things OU in me, lol. To her, it's only a game. She knows better than to say that to me though ;)

Haha that's funny my mom used to get angry at my dad for the same exact reasons. She just never understood. :eek:

85sooners
10/26/2008, 08:19 PM
:hot:

The Remnant
10/26/2008, 08:35 PM
I think Coach Stoops could learn alot from Pete Carroll. Next time there is an NCAA investigation of the OU football program, just stonewall. He should pull the ol' Hogan's Heroes Sgt. Schulz routine, "I know nothing." Heck, it worked for Petey.

BigBoomerInBigD
10/26/2008, 08:36 PM
The guy's a jagoff...always has been, always will be.

bringit
10/26/2008, 08:48 PM
Pete's a cool dude. If I were a stud baller, I'd play for him.

Widescreen
10/26/2008, 09:00 PM
I'm sick of seeing him throwing the football around like he's warming up. Guess what, Petey. You're not one of the players - you're frickin old. Stand your *** over on the sidelines like a grown-up.

SoonerObsession
10/26/2008, 09:06 PM
If we can't play in the NC game, I hope some way we can have a rematch with USC. I despise USC more than Texas at this point. At least Colt McCoy and Mack Brown are likeable people. The only good thing about USC is the hot white sweaters on the Song Birds.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/26/2008, 09:37 PM
If we can't play in the NC game, I hope some way we can have a rematch with USC. I despise USC more than Texas at this point. At least Colt McCoy and Mack Brown are likeable people. The only good thing about USC is the hot white sweaters on the Song Birds.

An OU-USC Rose Bowl would be off the hook. I would personally rather face the Trojans in the Rose than go to another Fiesta.

Iam4OUru
10/26/2008, 10:27 PM

Holtz suspended several of his players for "team violations" including rb Roland Sales. The point spread went to OU -17. Buster Rhymes must have taken the points...he fumbled 4 times.

BoulderSooner79
10/26/2008, 11:38 PM
Holtz suspended several of his players for "team violations" including rb Roland Sales. The point spread went to OU -17. Buster Rhymes must have taken the points...he fumbled 4 times.

Not quite right. The starting RB was suspended and Roland Sales (the backup) had a career day of 200+ yards rushing. I was there and I still have night terrors about it. What I remember to this this day was watching Switzer and his staff checking out the field during pre-game. The standing water was deep enough to flow over their shoe-tops near the side lines. They were clearly concerned about it and I knew we were in trouble. Those wish-bone teams were built for pure speed on fast fields. The field in Norman was still artificial turf with a high crown in the middle to accelerate the backs to the outside for pitches. The Orange bowl field was like a bog that night. The horror.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/27/2008, 12:12 AM

Ben Cowins was the stud RB Holtz suspended prior to the '78 OB.

misplacedsooner
10/27/2008, 01:09 AM
true on cowens and sales. i want to see petey do a rap with snoop dogg.

KingBarry
10/27/2008, 04:20 AM
Pete Caroll is among the very few in college football that I truly hate. I think his "too cool for school" attitude and condesencion towards other programs and coaches is not only unsportsmanlike, but bad for the game. Personality-wise, he is a much better fit for the NFL, and I wish he would go there. Or retire, or whatever.

Just think, that tool was involved in two of Oklahoma's most humiliating and dishonorable defeats, and both in the Orange Bowl!