PDA

View Full Version : OU Isn't on ESPN This Weekend, Therefore..

winnard
9/26/2008, 10:31 PM
..ESPN will do all the campaigning necessary to put Georgia over Oklahoma in the polls. So, GO ALABAMA.

sooner59
9/26/2008, 10:40 PM
I could care less. Georgia will lose sooner or later anyway. We will be #1 as long as we keep winning.

A Sooner in Texas
9/26/2008, 10:41 PM
Or they could just make it easy on themselves and continue pimping for SUC.

Regardless, Roll Tide!

OU-HSV
9/26/2008, 11:02 PM
On that same note, if Bama wins the media campaigns for them to jump everyone.

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/26/2008, 11:35 PM
On that same note, if Bama wins the media campaigns for them to jump everyone.

Of course. While we're hoping and praying and cheering for #8, Bama is doing the same thing for eleventy billion and one.

Whet
9/26/2008, 11:46 PM
regardless, I don't want any bama to win, whether it be Alabama or Barry obama!

Paperclip
9/26/2008, 11:48 PM
With what they did to Clemson, if they win at Georgia 'bama may deserve to be #1.

josh09
9/26/2008, 11:54 PM
Eh, i wanted bama to win anyways.

colleyvillesooner
9/27/2008, 12:09 AM
I, for one, would LOVE another carck at Saban.

JLEW1818
9/27/2008, 01:08 AM
I obviously think we are number 1. But really, if Alabama beats Georgia @ Georgia , why and the hell would they not be top 2???????????? that is what is ****ed up about this system.

Piware
9/27/2008, 02:40 AM
Who cares until November? I would rather Georgia have the bullseye on their chests and let the Sooners lurk around until it matters. In the meantime,

ROLL TIDE!

ousooners182
9/27/2008, 04:38 AM
Yeah it doesnt matter..if we win out.
were in.
thats all that matters

lets just take care of business today

OU_Sooners75
9/27/2008, 05:38 AM
Who gives a crap what UGA, Florida, or LSU does. Let's hope our team stays focused and wins all 13 before January 1st, 2009! Then we will be playing for #8!

AlbqSooner
9/27/2008, 06:56 AM
Just heard a blurb pimping the Uga vs Bama game. "usuc losing has opened the door for georgia!" Kinda seems like it opened the door for anyone who has the ability to walk through.

RedstickSooner
9/27/2008, 08:07 AM
Apparently, a lot of Sooner fans were living in caves, not watching college football last season.

Rankings this early mean about as much as an election-year promise to a politician.

We should be worried about beating our opponents. Not about where the idiot pollsters put us. Hell, how about trying, "Let's beat TCU" out for a mantra. Sure would make more sense than "Omigod, they might rank Georgia ahead of us. Roll Tide!"

hgarmorer
9/27/2008, 08:27 AM
it has started on the ESPiN front page...
After USC's fall from grace, the No. 1 spot is vacant. Can Georgia rise up? Florida? Oklahoma? A new top dog will reign. The Dawgs will make a case if they can roll past the Tide.

Nice input of a top dog line there

SoFla Sooner
9/27/2008, 10:08 AM
It's all just more fodder for Bob the staff and the latest chip if UGA rises above us (well that is the theory advanced by Herbie and the boys at espn this morning on gameday). Anyway, I agree with the other posters who say it all doesn't really matter until later in the season. Our schedule is plenty tough. We have no BCS computer worries this year as long as we keep winning. This week does happen to set up well for Georgia regardless of ESPN's pimping, though, IMHO.

OUbench
9/27/2008, 04:31 PM
Apparently, a lot of Sooner fans were living in caves, not watching college football last season.

Rankings this early mean about as much as an election-year promise to a politician.

We should be worried about beating our opponents. Not about where the idiot pollsters put us. Hell, how about trying, "Let's beat TCU" out for a mantra. Sure would make more sense than "Omigod, they might rank Georgia ahead of us. Roll Tide!"
AMEN Brother we think alike

MarylandSooner
9/27/2008, 05:05 PM
We know one thing - it is not Florida.