PDA

View Full Version : IF we are #! after this weekend we pass ND

stoopified
9/26/2008, 06:13 PM
for first place in total weeks ranked #1 in the polls.Currently OU and ND jointly hold the record , each team having been ranked #1 for 95 weeks in poll history'Just one more reason we say THERE IS ONLY 1 OKLAHOMA.

DrZaius
9/26/2008, 06:14 PM
That is KICKASS!

olevetonahill
9/26/2008, 06:24 PM
It aint like The praying folks are in any Danger of becoming #1 for awhile .:D

mdklatt
9/26/2008, 06:27 PM
The only time it matters to be ranked #1 is at the end of the season.

badger
9/26/2008, 06:30 PM
ok, i suddenly care more if we're no. 1 instead of no. 2 :D:D:D:D

Big Red Ron
9/26/2008, 06:34 PM
for first place in total weeks ranked #1 in the polls.Currently OU and ND jointly hold the record , each team having been ranked #1 for 95 weeks in poll history'Just one more reason we say THERE IS ONLY 1 OKLAHOMA.Shhhh, the SEC goon writers hear this and gawga will be #1 by week's end.

stoopified
9/26/2008, 07:00 PM
It aint like The praying folks are in any Danger of becoming #1 for awhile .:DTrue dat.

mdklatt you are correct but is one more point of pride.Would you rather be ranked #1 for 96 weeks and be #1 in that stat AND have 7NCs or never be ranked #1 and have no NCs,like say T, Boone State for instance?

mdklatt
9/26/2008, 07:16 PM
TWould you rather be ranked #1 for 96 weeks and be #1 in that stat AND have 7NCs or never be ranked #1 and have no NCs,like say T, Boone State for instance?

What I'm saying is that I'd be perfectly happy being ranked #1 for only 7 weeks and having 7 MNCs.

Does it mean anything that USC was ranked #1 until last night? Oregon State can brag about upsetting the #1 team, but they're not the #1 team anymore. And the fact that they got beaten by Oregon State is a strong indicator that they shouldn't have been #1 in the first place. Of course, USC could very well end up back on top by the time the season is over, which is the only time it matters. Just win, baby.

fossil
9/26/2008, 07:51 PM
for first place in total weeks ranked #1 in the polls.Currently OU and ND jointly hold the record , each team having been ranked #1 for 95 weeks in poll history'Just one more reason we say THERE IS ONLY 1 OKLAHOMA.

:rolleyes: Impossible. Everybody who knows anything about college football knows that Alabama as forty leven national championships and therefore had to be ranked #1 longer than anybody in the whole world!!!

Pirate Past Fifty
9/26/2008, 07:59 PM
What I'm saying is that I'd be perfectly happy being ranked #1 for only 7 weeks and having 7 MNCs.

Does it mean anything that USC was ranked #1 until last night? Oregon State can brag about upsetting the #1 team, but they're not the #1 team anymore. And the fact that they got beaten by Oregon State is a strong indicator that they shouldn't have been #1 in the first place. Of course, USC could very well end up back on top by the time the season is over, which is the only time it matters. Just win, baby.

Does it matter that USUC has no ranked teams remaining on their schedule?
That can change as the season goes on, but it may hurt them in the long run

cheezyq
9/26/2008, 08:01 PM

That's a great point of view for the team to have. But as fans, who cares? It's our job to be fanatics of our team and to be excited about stats like this one.

jkjsooner
9/26/2008, 08:24 PM

Sure, the only thing that really matters is the ranking at the end of the year. But since this is something we can brag about the relevance increases a little. It's human nature.

PLaw
9/26/2008, 08:52 PM

Think about this -

Suppose we do rise to the top of the heap and hold on to it for 4 more weeks. We would be the first program to be ranked No. 1 for 100 weeks.

Now, think about Bob's 100 wins coming in this season.

Cool.

Now, if we carry it through to an OB win.

Cooler.

BOOMER

sooneron
9/26/2008, 10:14 PM
Think about this -

Suppose we do rise to the top of the heap and hold on to it for 4 more weeks. We would be the first program to be ranked No. 1 for 100 weeks.

Now, think about Bob's 100 wins coming in this season.

Cool.

Now, if we carry it through to an MNC champ game win.

Cooler.

BOOMER

fixed

Widescreen
9/26/2008, 10:21 PM
http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/SpongeBob-no-1.jpg

stoopified
9/27/2008, 09:40 AM
:rolleyes: Impossible. Everybody who knows anything about college football knows that Alabama as forty leven national championships and therefore had to be ranked #1 longer than anybody in the whole world!!!Actually if we count NCs the way Alabama does(anytime anyone names them #1 they claim an NC,no matter how obsure the source) we would actually have 23.Personally I'm glad we claim NCs only based upon the ssytem that is nationally recognized (the polls of yesteryear or the BCS of today).

fadada1
9/27/2008, 09:48 AM
Actually if we count NCs the way Alabama does(anytime anyone names them #1 they claim an NC,no matter how obsure the source) we would actually have 23.Personally I'm glad we claim NCs only based upon the ssytem that is nationally recognized (the polls of yesteryear or the BCS of today).

jeb's bait n' gas national champions.