PDA

View Full Version : Rece Davis

BoulderSooner79
9/26/2008, 05:41 PM
A piece by Rece Davis is posted on the ESPN website discussing the impact of the USC loss. Rece is one of my favorites and Mark May is, well, not. From that piece :

By the way, send my buddy Mark May a card or some candy or something. He's hobbling around on crutches. He apparently broke his ankles jumping off the USC bandwagon Thursday night. Get well, MayDay.

Gotta love it. :D

DrZaius
9/26/2008, 05:44 PM
That is good.
:)

CK Sooner
9/26/2008, 05:52 PM
Priceless

:D

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
9/26/2008, 05:53 PM
That's pretty good. The best quote I heard from the OSU coach was when they asked him what this win meant for the team he just answered "means we are 2-2." I'm sure he didn't mean it in that way but its a nice slap in the face to USC that all it was was a win that made them a .500 team and not a program defining victory.

Fiatil
9/26/2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah, Rece Davis is one of the better ones at ESPN for sure. That article is pretty good, I particularly liked

"A few things to look for this weekend. Oklahoma didn't need USC to lose to be locked in on TCU. The Frogs are the last team to beat the Sooners in Norman. Since then, OU has won 20 straight home games. TCU beat a discombobulated OU team in 2005. These Sooners are completely combobulated. That's not a word, but I liked the word play."

oh, and

"Meanwhile, there's a show worth every penny of the ticket price in Austin this weekend. Arkansas and Texas? Nah. I mean the Austin City Limits Music Festival. Colt McCoy and the Horns should wrap this one up early enough to sneak over and catch a Robert Plant/Allison Krauss encore."