PDA

View Full Version : Did Mark Rodgers get ran off from OU?

oumartin
9/26/2008, 01:09 PM
why does he not do the sideline reporting. Since he has not done that the last two years he always seems to have an axe to grind with Stoops and the Sooners it seems to me

Lott's Bandana
9/26/2008, 01:17 PM
d00d always rubs me the wrong way...not a lot, but just enough, like when you have a men's room all to yourself and someone else walks in...just a touch annoying.

His voice seems to have a timbre of arrogance and I have yet to figure out what he has accomplished to justify being that way.

Between him, BBJ's kneepaddin of Boston pro sports and the Packers and Trabor, I don't do much Animal any longer and I never watch local news.

oumartin
9/26/2008, 01:27 PM
While at work there isn't anything better to listen too in rural oklahoma.

He is arrogant I agree but his constantly picking against OU and baggin' on Stoops is ridiculous.

birddog
9/26/2008, 01:29 PM
d00d always rubs me the wrong way...not a lot, but just enough, like when you have a men's room all to yourself and someone else walks in...just a touch annoying.

did you tell him it's an up-down stroke, not side-side?

Taxman71
9/26/2008, 01:30 PM
IIRC, he **allegedly** ripped OU over the whole NCAA violations issue with Sampson and maybe Bomar, AD, etc.....basically said OU should have been punished by the NCAA much worse for all the stuff they did/allowed. Not surprisingly, OU would not take kindly to their quasi-employee calling them out.

Lott's Bandana
9/26/2008, 01:37 PM
did you tell him it's an up-down stroke, not side-side?

Hey, there's a thought.

Lott's Bandana
9/26/2008, 01:39 PM

He is arrogant I agree but his constantly picking against OU and baggin' on Stoops is ridiculous.

930 comes in pretty good along the entire turnpike. I like Thulin a lot, miss Jack and enjoy Humphries when he talks golfs.

oumartin
9/26/2008, 01:43 PM
yeah, can't get it out here in the panhandle.. wish I could.

oumartin
9/26/2008, 01:44 PM
oh, and I guess they relived him of his duties after he said all this?

panhandlesooner
9/26/2008, 01:59 PM
oumartin,

where in the handle?

oumartin
9/26/2008, 02:01 PM
woo town

badger
9/26/2008, 02:03 PM
Perhaps when sports casts notice a certain bias against or for a team, they prefer to move their personnel to a place where the reporter can be more neutral.

In other words... enjoy reporting the early morning Big 10 throw away games :D

sooneron
9/26/2008, 02:03 PM
and enjoy Humphries when he talks golfs.

:confused:

Tiger woods blah blah blah

Tiger Woods blah blah blah

Phil can't do it blah blah blah

I ****ing hate Humphries. I made the epic mistake of calling into his show during the olympics one day when he was arguing that Bolt's accomplishments outshined M Phelps in magnitude. I disagreed and suggested that a lot of people are wary of track due to all of the doping issues in the past. He pretty much accused me of being a racist. He even inferred that I was suspicious of Bolt because he was from Jamaica. Uh, OK ****face whatever. :rolleyes:
He countered with "you don't think there have been any issues with doping in swimming?" To which I said, "Name someone". He then went back to the whole "this guy must not like black folks" for the most part.

****ING TOOL.
DIAF

oumartin
9/26/2008, 02:06 PM
why is it people bring race into everything. its crazy.
You can't make an observation without someone thinking its racially motivated

sooneron
9/26/2008, 02:07 PM
why is it people bring race into everything. its crazy.
You can't make an observation without someone thinking its racially motivated

Yeah, no white sprinters came to mind immediately.

OUwinsagain
9/26/2008, 02:15 PM
Mark Rodgers has absolutely no personality, so in the past 2 or 3 years he has tried to emulate trabor. I have no respect for the guy.

sooneron
9/26/2008, 02:17 PM
the only time he was good was when he would have a meltdown due to LaRussa managing his beloved cards out of the playoffs.

badger
9/26/2008, 02:19 PM
Yeah, no white sprinters came to mind immediately.

Let's play Devil's Advocate, shall we? :D

The top American 400m sprinter at the Beijing Olympics was white.

:eek: shock! awe! :eek:

:D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/26/2008, 02:22 PM
Same person?
http://www.koco.com/2007/0813/13883407_240X180.jpghttp://www.topsocialite.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/rosie_odonnell.jpg

birddog
9/26/2008, 02:22 PM
that traber-rogers showdown was great radio. traber called out mark on the air and mark hung up and didn't return to finish the show.

if you didn't catch it, i can get a link. hilarious.

oumartin
9/26/2008, 02:24 PM
oh i heard that little spat between the two.. they have kissed and made up.

Rodgers just takes the stance that he is never wrong..

Even traber will admit he is wrong on occasion

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/26/2008, 02:27 PM

XM radio, you will thank me later!

oumartin
9/26/2008, 02:32 PM
I have xm radio but one problem. at work we have alot of interference cuz we have radio communications everywhere to send our flow data out and hard to get the xm signal to not drop off. maybe its my cheap xm who knows.

stoopified
9/26/2008, 02:35 PM
Let's play Devil's Advocate, shall we? :D

The top American 400m sprinter at the Beijing Olympics was white.

:eek: shock! awe! :eek:

:DI thought anything over 200 meters was an intermediate distance race,not a sprint.There are many good intermediate and distance racers who are white but 100M,200 M sprint guys?Every once in a while you will see a white guy from Russia or Germany in sprint finals and they inevitably finish last or next to last.But what does that prove.Saying blacks dominate sprinting is a fact,not racism.News flash-white guys dominate tennis and hockey,is that racism?

badger
9/26/2008, 02:40 PM
I thought anything over 200 meters was an intermediate distance race,not a sprint.There are many good intermediate and distance racers who are white but 100M,200 M sprint guys?Every once in a while you will see a white guy from Russia or Germany in sprint finals and they inevitably finish last or next to last.But what does that prove.Saying blacks dominate sprinting is a fact,not racism.News flash-white guys dominate tennis and hockey,is that racism?

We don't need to argue, but since you are anyway... :D

Venus and Serena Williams are the top women's tennis players, no? As the birthplace of hockey, Canada is home to many top hockey players, including blacks. In case you're wondering how black people ended up in Canada, read the elementary book story on Harriet Tubman :D

In high school track, the 400 meter was still called a "dash," whereas the 800 meter was the shortest distance called a "run." Thus, the 400m is called a sprint, not a distance race (and wow, in the Olympics, it really looks rather sprint-like)

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/26/2008, 03:27 PM
I have xm radio but one problem. at work we have alot of interference cuz we have radio communications everywhere to send our flow data out and hard to get the xm signal to not drop off. maybe its my cheap xm who knows.

That sucks. Did you try online?

walkoffsooner
9/26/2008, 03:27 PM
for me 400 meter is called a hike

oumartin
9/26/2008, 03:33 PM
listening online with an aircard=FAIL :)

boomersooner28
9/26/2008, 05:45 PM
I know this is a Mark Rodgers thread, but back to Craig Humpreys for a sec. I tried to listen to the Sports Animal the other day, I guess Al and trabor were on vacation. Humpreys could not shut the **** up! The other guy was trying to talk and was trying to answer questions that Hump kept asking but Hump would not shut the **** up and let him answer the damn question. Hump kept talking over him and interrupting him and it was the most ridiculous radio I have ever heard. First time in my life I had to change the station away from sports talk.

batonrougesooner
9/26/2008, 06:12 PM
:confused:

Tiger woods blah blah blah

Phil can't do it blah blah blah

I ****ing hate Humphries. I made the epic mistake of calling into his show during the olympics one day when he was arguing that Bolt's accomplishments outshined M Phelps in magnitude. I disagreed and suggested that a lot of people are wary of track due to all of the doping issues in the past. He pretty much accused me of being a racist. He even inferred that I was suspicious of Bolt because he was from Jamaica. Uh, OK ****face whatever. :rolleyes:
He countered with "you don't think there have been any issues with doping in swimming?" To which I said, "Name someone". He then went back to the whole "this guy must not like black folks" for the most part.

****ING TOOL.
DIAF

Heh. I remember this call.

you racist. ;)