PDA

View Full Version : If Georgia blows out Alabama (and we win)...

looch
9/26/2008, 09:23 AM
Will we be number one?

Jeronimo
9/26/2008, 09:27 AM
i dont think it matters at this juncture, but i'll indulge you and say i think if OU wins by 14 or more, then it wont matter what georgia does. if OU sqeaks out by 10 or less and georgia wins by 14 or more, i could see them jumping us.

DrZaius
9/26/2008, 09:40 AM
I see them jumping us simply based on the strength of the oponent. But I do agree that if we win by 20 or more we should have no issues with being #1

Mad Dog Madsen
9/26/2008, 09:48 AM
We're already #1 in my heart. :D

SoonerLB
9/26/2008, 10:35 AM
We're already #1 in my heart. :D

And personally, I hope Alabama blows out Georgia! Just sayin'...........:)

badger
9/26/2008, 10:38 AM
Meh, who cares if we stay at No. 2 for now? No. 2 is where we want to be :D

ousooners182
9/26/2008, 10:43 AM
exactly. who cares if we are one or 2 we know if we take care of our business we will go to the big game

sooneron
9/26/2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah, teams get up for #2 a bit less than #1.

Jeez, that sounds weird.

1890MilesToNorman
9/26/2008, 10:51 AM
Agreed, #2 is good for now, Everyone wants to be known for knocking a #1 off. Everyone takes OU serious so we don't need to give them any more reason to make a statement.

boomermagic
9/26/2008, 11:48 AM
I think Bama has a pretty good chance in this one..

boomersooner28
9/26/2008, 12:31 PM
I think Bama is gonna win, BUT if Georgia wins, just wins, they jump us in the polls because of national perception. It doesn't matter if we beat TCU by 30. It's all perception. People know Bama and Nick Saban, knowbody knows who the hell TCU is, although they should.

I think it will play itself out this weekend and after the games you will be able to tell for yourself who you think is the better team.

Position Limit
9/26/2008, 12:36 PM
it's so early who cares? but one thing i do know is the top 10 rankings this early are for promotion and advertisement only. so, expect ou to be ranked #1and texas to move up a couple of spots also. that's if both teams win this weekend. media has to start hyping ou/texas game. would not shock me at all to see #1 vs. #2 in dallas in a few weeks. even though neither team would have played anybody worth a damn save tcu. and that even questionable. that's what the top 10 is for children, hype. so dont lose any sleep over who will be #1 come sunday evening.

Sco
9/26/2008, 12:57 PM
Nope. If Georgia wins a big one, they'll jump us.

Doesn't matter if they do, though.

Sabanball
9/26/2008, 04:50 PM
OU will be no. 1. The only way I see you guys NOT going to the top spot is if you win a squeaker against the horny toads--which I do not think will happen.

BoulderSooner79
9/26/2008, 05:13 PM
Nope. If Georgia wins a big one, they'll jump us.

Doesn't matter if they do, though.

You're probably right on both counts. Pre-season, I hd OU/UGA is my first pick for the title game with OU/UF second. By "pick" I mean desire - not a prediction. But both OU and UGA haven't even started into their brutal schedules, so it's a crap shoot at best.

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
9/26/2008, 05:43 PM
If Georgia wins then the deserve to be #1. They were ranked preseason #1 and didn't really do anything to lose it. People just had their mancrush of PC and USC and moved them up. I think Georgia wins they are #1. And I know this won't be a popular statement, but it Bama wins, in Georgia's house, I think they deserve to just to #1. However, I will agree with the sentiment that it just doesn't really matter right now. Ask again in December

mdklatt
9/26/2008, 06:09 PM
If Georgia wins then the deserve to be #1. They were ranked preseason #1 and didn't really do anything to lose it.

What did they do in the preseason to deserve a #1 ranking in the first place?

(Note: Winning your spring game doesn't count.)

stoopified
9/26/2008, 07:09 PM
No point in debating something that will NOT happen.No way does Georgia blow out 'Bama.Hell.I ain't convinced the 'Dogs can even WIN this game.I would take the points.

Pirate Past Fifty
9/26/2008, 08:08 PM

What were we ranked at this time in 2000--20th? Look what happened.
Bradford is a DUDE! Heuple has taught him well.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2008, 08:10 PM
Bama wins

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
9/27/2008, 08:49 AM

Agreed but by the same token what have they done to prove they aren't? I'm not defending them. I'm a Sooner fan through and through. I'm just saying, if they were ranked preseason #1, whether they should have been or not, and they have won all their games they should still be #1. Turn the scenerio around, if OU was ranked preseason #1, won all their games and was playing a top-10 team, we would be screaming that we should be ranked #1.

SoFla Sooner
9/27/2008, 10:13 AM
The media, in the last few years have become exceedingly reactionary. I will be very surprised if UGA is not number one this week based solely on perceived strength of opponent, so long as both teams cover. Of course, if UGA wins something like 10-9 and OU blasts TCU back to Ft. Worth like the pathetic little creatures that they are, then all is happy in the world (the only world that matters--ours)

No matter, though. The ADHD media will rank us number one anyway the week after we destroy Texas.

badger
9/27/2008, 10:16 AM
I said yesterday I didn't care if we were No. 1... but that all-time record looks very, very awesome, especially given Notre Dame and their chances of ever reclaiming it this decade once it's ours.

SoonerBacker
9/27/2008, 10:18 AM
Agreed. It's far too early in the season to sorry about the Number One spot. Keep taking care of business, blow out the Horny Toads, destroy saxet, and we'll be right where we need to be.

That said, after the behavior of the Dawg fans this morning, I hope the Tide Rolls all over Georgia tonight. Then we can do our own version of "overrated."

stoopified
9/28/2008, 06:54 AM
Goergia blow out "Bama ?HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Johnny Utah
9/28/2008, 09:31 AM
Agreed. It's far too early in the season to sorry about the Number One spot. Keep taking care of business, blow out the Horny Toads, destroy saxet, and we'll be right where we need to be.

That said, after the behavior of the Dawg fans this morning, I hope the Tide Rolls all over Georgia tonight. Then we can do our own version of "overrated."

Maybe they'll start rooting for their own team now instead of this "sec, sec, sec" gheyness that's been going on ... but that's expecting a lot.