PDA

View Full Version : Espn talking heads

primetime43
9/26/2008, 08:15 AM
Did anyone else notice after the game last night that Chris Fowler, Jesse Palmer, and Mark May all said how this is going to open the door for all these teams with USC losing. What frustrates me is that here we our setting at #2 and we were the last team mentioned by these idiots! They practically ran down the top 10 while almost forgetting OU. I wish there was another option for College football besides the mothership espn.

I know it doesn't matter and as long as we keep winning everything will work.

batonrougesooner
9/26/2008, 08:18 AM
It's a conspiracy I tell you!

OUHOMER
9/26/2008, 08:18 AM
Nothing new..... seems its been that way for a few years now. since we lost to , well you know

OU-HSV
9/26/2008, 08:20 AM
I noticed this as well. However I also noticed on their "college football live" show prior to the game last night they had a lot of coverage/conversation on OU. And I also read that they are doing a feature interview of Sam Bradford tomorrow morning during the Gameday show.
But don't get me wrong, I think the media is in love with the SEC and they will continue to hype the SEC teams up as much as possible.
That being said, as you mentioned if we keep winning, we should be fine no matter how much the media crams the SEC into everyone's minds.

oupride
9/26/2008, 08:21 AM
Nothing new..... seems its been that way for a few years now. since we lost to , well you know

Roger that! and tOSU gets a pass the last couple of years despite being handled easily in the MNC. Boomer Sooner!

BornandBred
9/26/2008, 08:25 AM
I hope Georgia drubs 'Bama, or the other way around, and they jump us. The ratings don't matter at this point. Let them forget about us. Stoops' teams always seem to play better when they're the underdog.

boomersooner28
9/26/2008, 08:25 AM
Did anyone else notice after the game last night that Chris Fowler, Jesse Palmer, and Mark May all said how this is going to open the door for all these teams with USC losing. What frustrates me is that here we our setting at #2 and we were the last team mentioned by these idiots! They practically ran down the top 10 while almost forgetting OU. I wish there was another option for College football besides the mothership espn.

This is exactly what inspired my poem! :D "So here we sit #2....nobody knows but me and you" (it's on the frontpage). Out of the teams they mention, I think we were 4th to come out of their mouths. And we are #2. :mad:

bluedogok
9/26/2008, 08:37 AM
I think much of that stems from USC being THE football team (pro or college) in the Los Angeles area and it being the second largest television market. Most of ESPN seems to be market driven since ABC took control of them. It didn't seem to be as bad or obvious before then. The same reason why they loved a Celtics-Lakers NBA Final, sheer numbers of TV sets for more ad revenue. It's the same reason why Nascrap dominates Speed.

The SEC gets a bunch of love because they are rabid and have some good size TV markets.

DrZaius
9/26/2008, 08:37 AM
I hope Georgia drubs 'Bama, or the other way around, and they jump us. The ratings don't matter at this point. Let them forget about us. Stoops' teams always seem to play better when they're the underdog.

Here Here!

Screw them and the rankings. Let us root our team onto kicking *** and taking names. Leave all the pillow talk to ESPN and their mothers. THIS ALL MEANS NOTHING!

boomermagic
9/26/2008, 08:53 AM

It does seem that way but we need to take the lead this year and run all the way with it..

oumartin
9/26/2008, 09:00 AM
so, how many weeks at #1 before we pass ND for number of weeks ranked at #1?

tigepilot
9/26/2008, 09:04 AM
I didn't actually see it but the door was already open for OU... the top 2 teams go the the championship game and OU was already at number 2. I would think this is a referance to the fact that since a number 1 or 2 team lost, all these other teams have a chance to get in to that new spot now. As long as OU keeps winning, they'll be in.

OU-HSV
9/26/2008, 09:09 AM
It does seem that way but we need to take the lead this year and run all the way with it..

I'm starting to feel that same way. We shouldn't worry if we end up beating TCU and they move us to #1....I don't see OUr Sooners getting sidetracked this year (yes I'm knocking on wood for safety).
I'd like to see us get the #1 spot and hold onto it the rest of the year, play an sec team in the title game and whip their asses. That is what would be ideal to me.

But again people it's way early, let's just keep winning games for now. We're in a safe place in the polls.

Collier11
9/26/2008, 09:14 AM

The quicker you quit worrying what the media outside of Oklahoma thinks about us, the quicker you will realize that they dont matter. They are here for entertainment, not actual reporting

RacerX
9/26/2008, 09:15 AM
OU has earned the doubt.

Now that USC has a loss (I wonder how far they will fall?) the love affair with the SEC (toughest conference EVAR) will only intensify. Being ignored will only fuel the fire in the team.

The talking heads on the pregame said an undefeated SEC champ and undefeated BIG 12 champ should play each other for the title even if USC finished undefeated.

AND tOSU has been taking some heat since the loss to LSU.

BillyBall
9/26/2008, 09:17 AM
I know it doesn't matter at all what you are ranked now, but it is still ****ing cool to be ranked number 1 in the country...

DrZaius
9/26/2008, 09:22 AM
This is from Mark Schlabach today.

"And why did we think USC was so good to begin with?"

"We were all blinded by USC's stable of pretty tailbacks and prettier Song Girls. We forgot this was the same school that lost to Stanford and UCLA and Oregon State during the previous three seasons."

OU-HSV
9/26/2008, 09:23 AM
OU has earned the doubt. ........
......The talking heads on the pregame said an undefeated SEC champ and undefeated BIG 12 champ should play each other for the title even if USC finished undefeated.....
Yep, exactly

zeke
9/26/2008, 09:37 AM

+1

Seems like when all of the experts spew about how great a team is, or how one team cant stay on the field with another, players start believing it and it bites them in the rear.

I like the underdog role. As long as OU keeps winning OU will be fine no matter who is ranked #1.

My Opinion Matters
9/26/2008, 10:24 AM
OMGZ!!!I'M SO OUTRAGED!!!GRRR!!! EXPLETIVE!!!

freshchris05
9/26/2008, 10:30 AM
http://www.thesunblog.com/sports/rodneydangerfield.jpg

No Respect...

freshchris05
9/26/2008, 10:32 AM
sorry to all the fans out there fixated on this "media bias"... but who cares... if we win out we can and will go to the mnc... its not like we need them to like us... i dont want them to like us... do you not remember how good 13-0, and 13-2 felt? who cares if they dont like us... f*ck em...