PDA

View Full Version : Glad USC lost, but not for the reason you think...

8timechamps
9/26/2008, 12:19 AM
Not that HCBS would let it happen, but I am glad USC lost on a night that it was the only game on. I would bet most of the Sooners saw the game, and it's a nice reminder that any team can come to play on any day.

I think it's just a good reminder why TCU has to be taken serious.

Again, not that Stoops doesn't have the team ready to go...

SOONERnTx
9/26/2008, 12:40 AM
good point!

RADsooner
9/26/2008, 12:43 AM
personally, i wouldnt care if we were oh and what ever- usc losing makes the sun shine a lil brighter!

sooner59
9/26/2008, 12:47 AM
It makes me happy for a certain scenario:

OU with 1 loss in Big 12: MNC
SEC team with one loss: MNC
USC in PAC 10 with 1 loss: Rose Bowl...again.

I do NOT want to lose a game, but this scenario is plausible and exciting.

PS: We should not lose a game.

tommieharris91
9/26/2008, 12:49 AM
It makes me happy for a certain scenario:

OU with 1 loss in Big 12: MNC
SEC team with one loss: MNC
USC in PAC 10 with 1 loss: Rose Bowl...again.

I do NOT want to lose a game, but this scenario is plausible and exciting.

PS: We should not lose a game.

I actually don't think that's plausible, but that's because I think OU, Mizzou, LSU, and some SEC East team will make to conference championships undefeated.

OK2LA
9/26/2008, 01:46 AM
So it's important for us fans to take TCU seriously? Or just the players/coaches?

Salt City Sooner
9/26/2008, 02:45 AM
I actually don't think that's plausible, but that's because I think OU, Mizzou, LSU, and some SEC East team will make to conference championships undefeated.
Florida's got the best shot by far, IMO. No Auburn, no 'Bama, get LSU at home, & UGA's at the usual neutral site. Vandy's their toughest true road game left.

Jacie
9/26/2008, 06:03 AM
In addition to the feelings of giddiness I felt watching SC go down, which cause me to twitter like a school child, I could not help but reflect on an article I had read early the same day where the football writers on Rivals discussed the question:

While it's only mid-September, there's already talk of the chaos that will occur if there are three unbeaten "Big Six" conference teams. Do you think that will happen?

It is almost like they indavertantly put the hex on the trojans, similar to what happened to Chris Wells after the same writers proclaimed him the player to beat for the Heisman just before his foot injury. Yeah, we might have a three team one-loss each controversy this year for the BCS title game but as things stand right now, the teams ranked 2-12 and some below that are still unbeaten. I think SC played themselves out of title contention unless the major upsets strike again throught the 08 season.

AlbqSooner
9/26/2008, 06:55 AM
Yeah, we might have a three team one-loss each controversy this year for the BCS title game but as things stand right now, the teams ranked 2-12 and some below that are still unbeaten.

For an interesting scenario, let those 3 unbeatens be OU, some SEC team and Tulsa.:eek:

TUSooner
9/26/2008, 07:21 AM
So it's important for us fans to take TCU seriously? Or just the players/coaches?

Do you not yet understand our awesome cosmic power? My personal vibes alone accounted for 2 OU TDs lagainst Mizzou last season!

:D

BornandBred
9/26/2008, 07:57 AM

I've been lifting weights and studying film, a lot. I hope it helps.

OUHOMER
9/26/2008, 08:10 AM
Not that HCBS would let it happen, but I am glad USC lost on a night that it was the only game on. I would bet most of the Sooners saw the game, and it's a nice reminder that any team can come to play on any day.

I think it's just a good reminder why TCU has to be taken serious.

Again, not that Stoops doesn't have the team ready to go...

I was thinking the same thing last night. Every game Counts

sooner518
9/26/2008, 08:16 AM
personally, i wouldnt care if we were oh and what ever- usc losing makes the sun shine a lil brighter!

:stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

Remembering Tom Stidham
9/26/2008, 08:19 AM
My son and I were sitting in the Orange Bowl that horrible night At least until halftime. He was sitting an actor, Brad Pitt, who was raised in Shawnee. Pitt's father-in-law is a Republican conservative. My kind of man.

Jon Voight.

virginiasooner
9/26/2008, 08:25 AM
Any day that USC loses is a good day in my book. It's a dreary day here in the Mid-Atlantic region, but I'm walking on sunshine! And one more Trojan loss, and they will be OUT of any talk of them in a national championship game.

soonerx
9/26/2008, 08:49 AM
Anyone else feel like you have to reign in a little bit of that glee because you're afraid karma's gonna come back and bite us in the arse?

Landthief 1972
9/26/2008, 08:52 AM
Anyone else feel like you have to reign in a little bit of that glee because you're afraid karma's gonna come back and bite us in the arse?

The noob speaks the truth. :) Well said.

soonervegas
9/26/2008, 08:55 AM
Every team in the big 12 and sec should be doing summer saults today. A one loss conference champ from either of these conferences is now virtually guaranteed a trip to Miami

Charla
9/26/2008, 09:34 AM
I've been lifting weights and studying film, a lot. I hope it helps.

I know that you are getting stronger. I can smell you all the way up here.

rainiersooner
9/26/2008, 12:48 PM

I have been very serious. All week long. I have ignored the wife and kids. I have checked my DVR connections. I went to the optometrist. I watched the 2005 TCU game while bearing a burlap sack and sitting on forks. I meditated. I AM READY.

BornandBred
9/26/2008, 02:02 PM
I know that you are getting stronger. I can smell you all the way up here.

Ah, my reputation precedes me...

birddog
9/26/2008, 03:01 PM

i just applied the war paint to my face and i have my OU underoos laid out for tomorrow.

i'm ready to go. LET US DO IT!!

Miko
9/26/2008, 03:15 PM
I have been very serious. All week long. I have ignored the wife and kids. I have checked my DVR connections. I went to the optometrist. I watched the 2005 TCU game while bearing a burlap sack and sitting on forks. I meditated. I AM READY.

Fair-weather fans:rolleyes: Oh sure, you'll wear the sack-cloth. But where's the shaving of the head, the rending of clothes, the puting rope on your head?, the wearing of ashes?? Sheeze. ;)

KantoSooner
9/26/2008, 03:18 PM
I conducted ritual animal sacrifice to prepare.

Well, an entire can of hornet killer sprayed directly into the hollow tree trunk the wasps lived in counts, doesn't it?

Miko
9/26/2008, 03:20 PM
I conducted ritual animal sacrifice to prepare.

Well, an entire can of hornet killer sprayed directly into the hollow tree trunk the wasps lived in counts, doesn't it?

Well of course it did! I mean assuming you fasted properly and soaked your feet in zebra blood first, obviously.

LSUdeek
9/26/2008, 03:23 PM

Unless you think Vandy or Kentucky will run the table, your scenario is impossible because LSU plays Florida and Georgia and USCe and UThug already have a loss.

JLEW1818
9/26/2008, 03:44 PM
I think there will be an undefeated and a 1 loss team in the ship.

tommieharris91
9/26/2008, 03:50 PM
Unless you think Vandy or Kentucky will run the table, your scenario is impossible because LSU plays Florida and Georgia and USCe and UThug already have a loss.
I feel like all of my dreams have now been shattered. :( :( :( :( :cool:

soonermagicgirl
9/26/2008, 03:51 PM
The only time in my life i rooted for a team from oregon. Needless to say it was a very pleasurable night! When he caught that intereception in the last minute of the game, I knew they were done. Again, this does ket everyone know that anything can happen and it is fair game for all the underdogs.

BoulderSooner79
9/26/2008, 04:35 PM
I am agin everything texan and christian this week.
I'm wearing my "Pagan Okie" T-shirt as I type.

Laelaface
9/26/2008, 06:51 PM
I have been very serious. All week long. I
have ignored the wife and kids. I have checked my DVR connections. I went to the optometrist. I watched the 2005 TCU game while bearing a burlap sack and sitting on forks. I meditated. I AM READY.

No, you're not ready yet. Keep workin at it, and soon you'll be a Sooner, my young grasshopper.

Big Red Ron
9/26/2008, 07:03 PM
For an interesting scenario, let those 3 unbeatens be OU, some SEC team and Tulsa.:eek:Honestly, how sweet would it be if OU and Tulsa were the only undefeated teams.

Okie State plays third fiddle.

Pirate Past Fifty
9/26/2008, 07:21 PM
The only time in my life i rooted for a team from oregon. Needless to say it was a very pleasurable night! When he caught that intereception in the last minute of the game, I knew they were done. Again, this does ket everyone know that anything can happen and it is fair game for all the underdogs.

The only thing I would have done differently would have been to run a couple of short sneaks up the middle to burn some time, or make USUC use their last TO before scoring the TD. With that much time remaining, USUC had a chance to ruin the night. You don't give them that chance, ever!

Jacie
9/26/2008, 10:47 PM
The only thing I would have done differently would have been to run a couple of short sneaks up the middle to burn some time, or make USUC use their last TO before scoring the TD. With that much time remaining, USUC had a chance to ruin the night. You don't give them that chance, ever!

I would have suggested to the placekicker to see if he could get the extrapoint attempt through the uprights rather than going for the much more difficult shot where you bounce it off of one and back onto the playing field. But then it did make that final 2:30 more exciting because there was still a mathematical possibility of SUC scoring a touchdown, kicking the extra point and winning by one, which would've made Riley's Gatorade bath wasted effort and the OSU fans would have been on the field for nothing.