PDA

View Full Version : Taco Mayo

mdklatt
9/25/2008, 11:13 PM
Taco Mayo has been in business for 30 years?! Oklahoma should have its electoral votes revoked immediately.

GottaHavePride
9/25/2008, 11:21 PM
Taco Malo sucks balls.

Penguin
9/25/2008, 11:33 PM
Taco Mayo me, baby!

yermom
9/25/2008, 11:46 PM
they are out of the Union finally :D

jage
9/25/2008, 11:46 PM
I'm glad they took it out of the Student Union...made me want to hurl just walking past the place!

jage
9/25/2008, 11:47 PM
they are out of the Union finally :D

Ah, you beat me! lol.

GottaHavePride
9/25/2008, 11:51 PM
What did they put in its place?

yermom
9/25/2008, 11:57 PM
the Laughing Tomato?

Crimsontothecore
9/26/2008, 12:03 AM
When my kids were small we would get Mayo for dinner once a week or so. The kids loved it and back then their tacos were 29 cents if you bought a dozen or more. Sure you have to let the grease drip for about 2 minutes before you take a bite, but they were cheap. Today at 79 cents they ain't worth it. I prefer Bueno but I still rate Mayo higher than Taco Bell.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/26/2008, 12:49 AM
Taco Bueno all the way for me.

Unless you live in Sallisaw, then you can go to Taco Pronto, which is almost like the Bueno (similar menu, similar tasting food).

CrimsonandCreamForever
9/26/2008, 12:54 AM
No one who's lived in the dorms for at least a semester can honestly say they like Mayo.

tommieharris91
9/26/2008, 01:00 AM
I don't think I ever at Taco Mayo when I lived in the dorms because I knew exactly how bad it was before I got to OU.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/26/2008, 01:08 AM
I don't think I ever at Taco Mayo when I lived in the dorms because I knew exactly how bad it was before I got to OU.

I went to school at Arkansas and they had a Taco Mayo up there, but I never went. I think their old "early '70s groovy, man" logo gave me the willies.

oumartin
9/26/2008, 07:28 AM
Taco Mayo > Taco Bell

Boomer.....
9/26/2008, 08:42 AM
I don't mind their tacos. I haven't really eaten anything else from there so I don't know how anything else is.

Taxman71
9/26/2008, 08:51 AM
Taco Mayo will always live.....it reminds us of our high school days when you could get 8 tacos for 19 cents a piece and use your remaining lunch money for Natty Lite, Copenhagen or foosball.......or college when everyone had a kitchen drawer with 137 Mayo taco sauce packets in it that you used on every kind of food possible to make it seem edible......or early adulthood when you made the 2:30 a.m. run through Mayo for a bean and cheese burrito and taco hamburger that would eat Hasselhoff-style while watching Dazed and Confused for the 212th time.

To me, at least Mayo is trying with its new modernized stores and menus. Bell tries to lure you in with revamped combinations of existing items (i.e. - that stupid taco inside of a muchaco thing) while Bueno hasn't changed their menu since 1987. I do love em all though.

OUDoc
9/26/2008, 09:17 AM
Taco Mayo and its cardboard taco shells were the greatest cheap drunk food known to man. Plus it kept your colon squeaky-clean.
You people have such high standards.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2008, 09:18 AM
bean burrito at 2am for the win

frankensooner
9/26/2008, 09:21 AM
But now they have the cool salamader in the commercials. Try the taco burger, it ain't so bad. ;)

Partial Qualifier
9/26/2008, 09:25 AM
Taco Mayo and its cardboard taco shells were the greatest cheap drunk food known to man.

Why do you hate The Kettle?

Penguin
9/26/2008, 09:29 AM
the Laughing Tomato?

Dude, if you're just going to make something up, at least come up with a believable name. :mad:

Taxman71
9/26/2008, 09:42 AM
Why do you hate The Kettle?

The Kettle was only good for 2 things: eating 4 plates of bacon and trying to pick up the girls who couldn't even hook up at closing time.....both left you with a bad taste in your mouth and an empty wallet the next morning.

BigRedJed
9/26/2008, 10:17 AM
My biggest gripe against Mayo has to be the disintegrating shells. Nothing like having your taco crumble into small pieces as you're bringing it up to your taco eating hole.

OUstud
9/26/2008, 11:34 AM
They still have Mayo at OU, it's just in the Cate caf. I won't eat there cause I've heard nothing but horror stories...plus Mayo sucks.

M
9/26/2008, 12:01 PM
The thing I remember most about the Mayo at OSU was watching the Indian foreign exchange students who worked there squeeze a single line of sour cream out of an icing tube onto my heaping plate of greaseball nachos. :confused:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/26/2008, 12:05 PM
Their meat tastes like it has a touch of barbeque sauce. It is slightly better than Taco Tico though.

bluedogok
9/26/2008, 09:18 PM
I tried Taco Mayo once.......the one across from Norman High on the day I moved into Walker....that was enough.

OUDoc
9/26/2008, 09:58 PM
I tried Taco Mayo once.......the one across from Norman High on the day I moved into Walker....that was enough.

Apparently you were sober. Mayo was never intended to be eaten by sober people. Nor inspected by Health Department people.

CrimsonandCreamForever
9/26/2008, 10:09 PM
Apparently you were sober. Mayo was never intended to be eaten by sober people. Nor inspected by Health Department people.

Amen, brother!

Flagstaffsooner
9/26/2008, 10:20 PM
Used to love it. Good cheep fart food, My kitty Boz loved it too.

bluedogok
9/26/2008, 10:26 PM
At that moment....I was.

CrimsonandCreamForever
9/26/2008, 10:29 PM
At that moment....I was.

Hey, strange things happen sometimes.

GottaHavePride
9/26/2008, 11:11 PM
Taco Rio pwns all these places.

Sadly, it's only in Wichita.

CrimsonandCreamForever
9/26/2008, 11:13 PM
I didn't realize Wichita was a contender when it comes to mexican food.

GottaHavePride
9/26/2008, 11:16 PM
Depends on if you know where to go. ;)

SanJoaquinSooner
9/26/2008, 11:52 PM
as A poor grad student I'd get my second wind for studying around 10:30 pm. Taco Mayo was there for the cheap 3-for-a-dollar tacos that time of night.

I once took my roommate, fred nietzsche, with me - to which he responded, "that which does kill me makes me stronger."

TheHumanAlphabet
9/27/2008, 05:07 AM
Drunk, 2 AM in Norman - Taco Mayo is your friend...

When I was a poor starving OU grad - 6 months between graduating with a B.S. in Meteorology and my job offer with The Weather Channel, TAco Mayo paid my bills and I gave them my labor. However, I was told not to cook things not on the menu, like the Chimichanga I cooked up one day...

When I interviewed, the store manager told me this job would be harder than reading meters...Yeah, he was a store manager, but he was never going anywhere else. I on the other hand, had the world in front of me. SO I just smiled. The Vice-President guy for the area was listening in and then told the manager guy in front of me that he was stupid and that I had a college degree in weather. I smiled some more...

TheHumanAlphabet
9/27/2008, 05:12 AM
I went to school at Arkansas and they had a Taco Mayo up there, but I never went. I think their old "early '70s groovy, man" logo gave me the willies.

True story according to a T-M VIce-President I knew and played church league softball against...The owner of Taco-Mayo was in business with another guy in West Texas. THey cooked up a taco place and they invented the "G" logo that surrounded their billboard. SOmething happned and they split ways, the owner of Taco-Mayo then went and filed a copyright on the "G" logo and it was his. Apparently the business partners never filed the copyright and the old partner guy had to change his signs as I understand...

SoonerJack
9/27/2008, 11:00 AM
Taco Mayo and its cardboard taco shells were the greatest cheap drunk food known to man. Plus it kept your colon squeaky-clean.
You people have such high standards.

Let's hear it for squeaky-clean colons!

My wife and I lived very very close to a Taco Mayo when we first got married.

Did y'all know that drunk people with loud cars liked to go there at like 2 a.m. Holy mackerel. ;)

But there food was, as I liked to say, very affordable.

SoonerJack
9/27/2008, 11:03 AM
Drunk, 2 AM in Norman - Taco Mayo is your friend...

When I was a poor starving OU grad - 6 months between graduating with a B.S. in Meteorology and my job offer with The Weather Channel, TAco Mayo paid my bills and I gave them my labor. However, I was told not to cook things not on the menu, like the Chimichanga I cooked up one day...

When I interviewed, the store manager told me this job would be harder than reading meters...Yeah, he was a store manager, but he was never going anywhere else. I on the other hand, had the world in front of me. SO I just smiled. The Vice-President guy for the area was listening in and then told the manager guy in front of me that he was stupid and that I had a college degree in weather. I smiled some more...

THAT is hilarious!

Sooner98
9/27/2008, 11:42 AM
Cabana > Bueno > Tico > Mayo > Bell

hgarmorer
9/27/2008, 12:47 PM
There is nothing worse than going on food run, drunk as all get out and passing out once you get home. Only to realize you are hungry as hell when you wake up, so you grab your stuff and head out the door. Only to see the neighbors cat eating your tacos from the bag you left on top of the car once you got home.

BigRedJed
9/29/2008, 01:10 PM
Taco Rio pwns all these places.

Sadly, it's only in Wichita.
d00d!! I was totally trying to remember the name of that place the other day. Man, that place was the ****s. Literally, if I remember right.

NormanPride
9/29/2008, 02:01 PM
There is nothing worse than going on food run, drunk as all get out and passing out once you get home. Only to realize you are hungry as hell when you wake up, so you grab your stuff and head out the door. Only to see the neighbors cat eating your tacos from the bag you left on top of the car once you got home.

This happened to you multiple times?

silverwheels
9/29/2008, 02:04 PM
Taco Mayo is some of the worst fast food ever. It starts coming out the other end before you're even finished eating it.

And all you Bell haters can suck it.

yermom
9/29/2008, 02:27 PM
i was a Bell hater while the new one on East Lindsey was going through growing pains. they were awful when they first opened.

of course i still hate the way the parking lot/drive thru flows

hgarmorer
9/29/2008, 06:45 PM
This happened to you multiple times?
Sadly yes lol:O