PDA

View Full Version : Dems already cheating in 2008 election

landrun
9/25/2008, 06:22 PM
I'm not really shocked by this.
They've tried to steal the last 2 elections so why stop now?

Early Voting, Early McCain Voter Suppression In Ohio
I think most of us that have been paying attention over the years are expecting an ugly year when it comes to these types of tactics on the part of so-called liberals. Well, here we go. McCain absentee ballots being disqualified in Ohio by a Democrat Secretary of State.

If Ohio polling looks like Chicago, 'thank' Brunner

Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner has a reputation as the most partisan state official in Ohio. And she works hard to earn it. The Democrat's latest stunt rejected absentee ballots for thousands of Republicans.

But it's not her first rodeo. Almost as soon as Brunner was elected in 2006, she tried to remove several Republican county elections officials, including Ohio Republican Party Chairman Robert Bennett. They accused her of "storm trooper tactics" to silence critics.

Then Brunner spread an alarm that Ohio's electronic voting machines were vulnerable to tampering - a favorite claim of the paranoid left. Elections officials who participated in Brunner's study called her conclusions over-hyped "leaps in logic" and said, "The report itself could be viewed as an attack on the elections system ... (that) planted seeds in the mind of the public to mistrust those who oversee elections."

Brunner also demanded an overhaul of voting methods just before the March primaries, causing meltdowns in some precincts.

And now she's hassling Republicans who want to vote for John McCain.

Two Hamilton County voters have sued, accusing her of "the disenfranchisement of thousands of voters."

The John McCain campaign sent out more than 1 million applications for absentee ballots to Republicans. Each had a line at the top next to a box: "I am a qualified elector."

Brunner sent a memo telling county election officials to reject those applications for absentee ballots if the box was not checked. "Failure to check the box leaves both the applicant and the board of elections without verification that the applicant is a 'qualified elector'," she wrote.

But that's contrary to state law and Brunner doesn't have the authority, according to the lawsuit and an opinion from Hamilton County's Republican Prosecutor Joe Deters.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2008/09/early-voting-ea.html

My Opinion Matters
9/25/2008, 06:32 PM
What's with the alias, Tuba?

landrun
9/25/2008, 06:50 PM
Who's Tuba? Inside joke on this forum I missed?

LilSooner
9/25/2008, 06:51 PM
Karma's a beyotch.

olevetonahill
9/25/2008, 06:54 PM
Please God , Make all this Politics Crap stop .
http://www.sinha-h.com/assets/images/HeadInHands.jpg

Curly Bill
9/25/2008, 07:08 PM
I was right in the midst of a lot of the political talk on here for a while. Lately though it's been so craptacularly stupid I've mostly stayed out of it.

Curly Bill
9/25/2008, 07:09 PM

It was a lame attempt at humor.

olevetonahill
9/25/2008, 07:30 PM
I was right in the midst of a lot of the political talk on here for a while. Lately though it's been so craptacularly stupid I've mostly stayed out of it.

Yup , I stated My Opinion at the start. It aint Changed so I dont need to say anymore :P

SoonerStormchaser
9/25/2008, 07:54 PM
Here's what Captain Picard would say about the situation:
http://www.forumspile.com/Blank-Picard_Facepalm.jpg
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/12255000/ngbbs4612bbb2a78e5.jpg

soonerhubs
9/25/2008, 08:06 PM
I don't feel like starting another damn thread, so here goes. Katie Couric you are a biased hack of a journalist with a pathetic "Gotcha" agenda against Sarah Palin. Why don't you get your research crew to ask some irrelevant questions that make Obama look like a fool? Oh you won't, because your a biased piece of trash. The Communist Broadcast Network must be proud.

"Mrs Palin, what is my birth day? Oh, you don't know? Wow, you're dumb. Mrs. Palin, what is the basic existential philosophy of George Herbert Mead? Details please... I hate to belittle the point of my irrelevant question that I couldn't answer myself, but thanks to my communist interns I'm going to throw it at you."

Journalism majors, please take note of this crappy method put out by the former hostess of the Happy-Feel-Good Today show. This is as bad as getting news from the former host of Inside Edition. (No Offense Bill. :D)

Curly Bill
9/25/2008, 08:07 PM

Hot Damn! I just turned this dude from red to green. My hammer, though not the mightiest, works! I couldn't be prouder! :P :D

Curly Bill
9/25/2008, 08:08 PM
I don't feel like starting another damn thread, so here goes. Katie Couric you are a biased hack of a journalist with a pathetic "Gotcha" agenda against Sarah Palin. Why don't you get your research crew to ask some irrelevant questions that make Obama look like a fool? Oh you won't, because your a biased piece of trash. The Communist Broadcast Network must be proud.

"Mrs Palin, what is my birth day? Oh, you don't know? Wow, you're dumb. Mrs. Palin, what is the basic existential philosophy of George Herbert Mead? Details please... I hate to belittle the point of my irrelevant question that I couldn't answer myself, but thanks to my communist interns I'm going to throw it at you."

Journalism majors, please take note of this crappy method put out by the former hostess of the Happy-Feel-Good Today show. This is as bad as getting news from the former host of Inside Edition. (No Offense Bill. :D)

I bet you'd hit it though. :D

Jerk
9/25/2008, 08:18 PM
Karma's a beyotch.

Oh, please :rolleyes: Karma for what? Not re-counting the vote enough times in Florida to get the "right" results?

GrapevineSooner
9/25/2008, 08:30 PM
Karma's a beyotch.

By a 7–2 vote, the Supreme Court of the United States in Bush v. Gore held that the Florida Supreme Court (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Supreme_Court)'s method for recounting ballots was a violation of the Equal Protection Clause (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Protection_Clause) of the Fourteenth Amendment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitu tion).

Just as a reminder.

But if you want to think that trying to play a game of Gotcha is justified in any way...

LilSooner
9/25/2008, 08:49 PM
No I don't want to hear another six months of bitching because of another hanging chad issue.

If people can't read directions I don't feel sorry if their vote doesn't count.

You read the whole damn thing, fill it out properly and your vote counts. You don't follow directions, tough ****.

GrapevineSooner
9/25/2008, 10:15 PM
No I don't want to hear another six months of bitching because of another hanging chad issue.

You read the whole damn thing, fill it out properly and your vote counts. You don't follow directions, tough ****.

Fair enough. Not following directions is one of my biggest pet peeves.

That having been said, if state law says you don't have the authority to even ask that on an application, much less enforce it...

And if somebody does check that off, are they just going to assume the applicant is telling the truth without doing some kind of a third-party verification through their own records?

Sooner Eclipse
9/25/2008, 10:38 PM

You do realize the whole issue with the recount in Palm Beach County, FL (the home of the hanging chad) was that Democratic partisans kept trying to force ballots to be thrown out based on things like having a pen mark on the Gore chad vs a completely punched Bush chad. Or an impression on the Gore chad (not detached) vs a Bush chad that was hanging on one corner (not uncommon with punch ballots. It was completely clear what the intention was, yet the dem party kept demanding that the county election commissioner revise the rules as to what constitutes a valid ballot when the neverending recounts continued to not fall their way. As a resident of that county during the 00 election, it was disgusting and showed clearly the depths that the democratic party was willing to stoop to to steal my vote.

I voted in Palm Beach Co. using the butterfly ballot. It was exceedingly simple. A first grade class in the county was given the ballot with pictures inserted in place of the names of the contestants. Every one of them were able to vote on their choice without any instruction at all.

King Crimson
9/25/2008, 10:43 PM
George Herbert Mead, not an "existentialist". He's associated with the social psychology and "symbolic interactionism" that was active at the U of Chicago in the early 20th Century.

LilSooner
9/25/2008, 11:05 PM
You do realize the whole issue with the recount in Palm Beach County, FL (the home of the hanging chad) was that Democratic partisans kept trying to force ballots to be thrown out based on things like having a pen mark on the Gore chad vs a completely punched Bush chad. Or an impression on the Gore chad (not detached) vs a Bush chad that was hanging on one corner (not uncommon with punch ballots. It was completely clear what the intention was, yet the dem party kept demanding that the county election commissioner revise the rules as to what constitutes a valid ballot when the neverending recounts continued to not fall their way. As a resident of that county during the 00 election, it was disgusting and showed clearly the depths that the democratic party was willing to stoop to to steal my vote.

I voted in Palm Beach Co. using the butterfly ballot. It was exceedingly simple. A first grade class in the county was given the ballot with pictures inserted in place of the names of the contestants. Every one of them were able to vote on their choice without any instruction at all.

Well as we all know most people are morons and although you felt it was exceeding easy there were a lot of dumb *** people who think voting is hard.

soonerhubs
9/25/2008, 11:47 PM
George Herbert Mead, not an "existentialist". He's associated with the social psychology and "symbolic interactionism" that was active at the U of Chicago in the early 20th Century.
Aye, but his theory is so abstract that you could say that the existence of anyone is based on the meaning one assigns to that person. I never labeled it an exclusively existential philosophy. Personally I'm not a fan of SI. GST and Social Exchange are much more to my preference. Cybernetics is just amazing though.

I've studied Mead's work from a Family Science perspective. Role strain is about all I've gleaned from it that I prefer.

PS Did you know he never wrote a book, but that his philosophy was based off of student notes? If you didn't, then you are not worthy of the Vice Presidency.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/26/2008, 12:07 AM

You read the whole damn thing, fill it out properly and your vote counts. You don't follow directions, tough ****.He might have been referring to all the FL citizen military absentee ballots that the democrats disallowed(I don't remember how it went down, but it did, and look it up if you don't remember it)

LilSooner
9/26/2008, 05:50 AM
No I remember perfectly the absentee ballots not being counted correctly and I'm not talking about that. I think it's crap that our service men and women don't get their vote counted half the time when they are serving us over seas. There has to be a better way.

Animal Mother
9/26/2008, 04:35 PM
He might have been referring to all the FL citizen military absentee ballots that the democrats disallowed(I don't remember how it went down, but it did, and look it up if you don't remember it)

You're not carrying the article in you overalls???

LosAngelesSooner
9/26/2008, 06:02 PM
This is one of the more retarded threads in recent SO history.

Oh...and nice source. :rolleyes:

GrapevineSooner
9/26/2008, 07:25 PM
I could go the actual Supreme Court website if you'd prefer, LAS. I cited that because unlike some rumor mongering cite, it's a proven fact that the Supreme Court decided by a 7-2 vote that the state of Florida had violated the Equal Protection Clause in the constitution.

A vote that shoots down the belief that the conservative idelogues and conservative idelogues alone decided the election. Antonin Scalia pretty much shot that down on 60 Minutes two weeks ago when Lesley Stahl brought it up during her interview with him (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4041229n).