PDA

View Full Version : This scares me this weekend

ratedrsuperstar
9/25/2008, 09:33 AM
Oklahoma finishes up nonconference play by hosting undefeated TCU. The Sooners have outscored opponents 164-42 and are second with a 40.7 average margin of victory. The Horned Frogs haven't trailed this year and rank fifth in the nation with an average margin of victory of 35.3. TCU has won its last two games in Norman.

ESPN

Jason White's Third Knee
9/25/2008, 09:36 AM
The teams tcu played suck. Bad.

The last time we played them we had a green O-line and a new QB.

TCU is going to get rolled this weekend.

Lott's Bandana
9/25/2008, 09:40 AM
Bro, you didn't like the no-huddle offense either. What do you think now?

Flush the Tallahassee Democrat, eat some fried mullet and wear your crimson proudly.

Hot Rod
9/25/2008, 09:46 AM
Oklahoma finishes up nonconference play by hosting undefeated TCU. The Sooners have outscored opponents 164-42 and are second with a 40.7 average margin of victory. The Horned Frogs haven't trailed this year and rank fifth in the nation with an average margin of victory of 35.3. TCU has won its last two games in Norman.

ESPN

We aren't really playing in the 2nd half of our games this year and we're still 2nd?!

We'll be fine! :cool:

stoops the eternal pimp
9/25/2008, 09:47 AM
hopefully the team members that were on that '96 team will play with a chip on their shoulder

OUMallen
9/25/2008, 09:50 AM
I respect TCU, but come on. Besides, if we lose, better to find out we're not very good early on and adjust for disappointment rather than inexplicably dropping one to th elikes of CU.

Lott's Bandana
9/25/2008, 09:58 AM
We aren't really playing in the 2nd half of our games this year and we're still 2nd?!

We'll be fine! :cool:

This is a really good point and something that should scare the Fighting Froggies....

Chatt = 1 half
Cinn = 3 quarters
Udub = 3 quarters

That's TWO games with an adjusted average of 82 ppg.

Let's see...41 in the first half, 20.5 in the first quarter. Extrapolate all this and we may already have scored points!!

rondog79
9/25/2008, 10:37 AM
dont be scared but do respect them. the only team in cbf that can beat the sooners at this point is the sooners and i dont think the horny toad are surprising anyone this year their a good team.BUT their going to face a great team saturday. were gonna put 20 on em before they know what happened then panic is gonna set in for them. after that we turn it up and score 40 more. they could have 17 points but in panic mode the froggs will be going for it on 4th downs so i say final score ou 60 froggs 10

badger
9/25/2008, 10:52 AM
Let's pull an SEC and schedule a Bottom 10 opponent!

How bout them Idaho Vandals? Are they available this weekend? :D

8timechamps
9/25/2008, 11:17 AM
hopefully the team members that were on that '96 team will play with a chip on their shoulder

Man, how many years of eligibility does the NCAA give?

Mad Dog Madsen
9/25/2008, 11:17 AM
Why does everbody think the 96 and 05 seasons have something to do with this years game? So what if they won the last 2 times they've been to Norman. What difference does that make? This is 2008. We don't have Blake and we're not rebuilding. I'll be glad when this weekend is over and we stomp the Horned Frogs so I won't have to see all these TCU threads. I actually think its funny that some people on here are scared of TCU when we're suppose to be National Title contenders. Oh well, just my 2 cents.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/25/2008, 11:24 AM
Let's pull an SEC and schedule a Bottom 10 opponent!

How bout them Idaho Vandals? Are they available this weekend? :D

According to SEC fans, if we were in the SEC we'd be one of the bottom 10.

Bunch a stupids.

badger
9/25/2008, 11:24 AM
I actually think its funny that some people on here are scared.

Well-known fact: Horned Frogs are the No. 1 cause of the transfer of the Ebola Virus in the United States. The Sooners have been entrusted with containing and extinguishing this disease before it breaks out into the general population much like it has in another continent, Africa. It is a highly dangerous and deadly disease that threatens the futures of our livelihoods.

When you are entrusted with the future of this country all within the span of a few hours, of course you are going to be scared. It's the future! There won't be one if the Horned Frogs aren't exterminated this Saturday!

:rolleyes: Ok, so Mid-Majors aren't really the Ebola Virus, but dang it, we've established a football world order when BCS teams are the only ones that matter and if big programs don't contain the little guys now, they'll be invading our world the rest of our lives :mad:

Now... as for you, TCU, mid major ebola incarnate...
http://steviethek.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/250px-biff_1955.jpg
MAKE LIKE A TREE, AND GET OUTTA HERE.

KantoSooner
9/25/2008, 11:29 AM
OU could lose this game.

And the CERN particle accelerator could also trigger a mini-black hole/micro-big bang and all reality could cease to exist.

Or

I could be offered blanket immunity by Andrew Cuomo to testify in an SEC case I know nothing about, thus achieving immunity from income taxation for life.

Or

<customer to be named in a future draft pick> could call up to issue a purchase order to my company for eleventy billion dollars, thus making my life henceforth one long, blurred train of cheap tarts and champagne.

Or, more likely, the Frogs get the living bejayzus slapped out of them and we move on to the stern challenge known as Baylor.

ratedrsuperstar
9/25/2008, 11:32 AM
I know OU is the best team of the two, but our boys seem to find a way to get beat by a lesser team.

CU, TT and WV last season
Oregon and Boise in '06
TCU and UCLA in '05

Collier11
9/25/2008, 11:36 AM
Tech was a good team and we were without our qb, WVU was one game from the natl title just like us, oregon we got cheated, tcu and ucla were better than us that year

douxpaysan
9/25/2008, 11:44 AM
:rolleyes: Ok, so Mid-Majors aren't really the Ebola Virus, but dang it, we've established a football world order when BCS teams are the only ones that matter and if big programs don't contain the little guys now, they'll be invading our world the rest of our lives :mad:

First Vandals now Viruses...what's next?? Badj is giving me the Vapors. I'm skeered and you should be skeered too!!!:pop:

Lott's Bandana
9/25/2008, 11:52 AM
First Vandals now Viruses...what's next?? Badj is giving me the Vapors. I'm skeered and you should be skeered too!!!:pop:

She's been vexed by vapid vagrants.

mizzOUstu702
9/25/2008, 11:54 AM
Tech was a good team and we were without our qb, WVU was one game from the natl title just like us, oregon we got cheated, tcu and ucla were better than us that year

Bingo...the OP sounds like an Aggie...:rolleyes:

badger
9/25/2008, 11:56 AM
I'll tell you what's next... :les: MOAR INSULTS FOR THE OPPOSING TEAM! [hairGel]

I have swiftly stolen Gary Patterson's pregame motivational speech to his team before OU and his anticipated reaction/result... which coincidentally looks a lot like that Homer Simpson as a boxer episode before he fights the Mike Tyson parody. In return for putting up with nearly 9,000 posts of nonsense from me, I will now share it with you.
---
Patterson: All right, team, I'm not gonna lie to you. There's a good chance you can beat Oklahoma. But you gotta visualize how you're gonna win, okay?

TCU players: Gotcha.

[dreams on about victory]

Announcer: A congenital heart defect has apparently felled all of the Sooners moments before they could step onto the field.
---

douxpaysan
9/25/2008, 12:03 PM
the stern challenge known as Baylor.

They got me worried as well.:eek: :eek:

rondog79
9/25/2008, 12:12 PM

well put sir

BIG_IKE
9/25/2008, 12:21 PM

ESPN

Im gonna need you to re-attach your nuts and quit being scared. There are 27 undefeated teams in the nation. Most of our conference is undefeated.....as a Sooner Fan am I scared??? HELL NO!

TCU may be 4-0....but lets look at the wins...

1. New Mexico (1-3) *Lost to A&M & Tulsa. Did I mention they lost to A&M?)

2. SFA (1-2) Hey, I attended this school...but back when Jeremiah Trotter & Gene Chizik were there and when SFA had more draftees than Texas...those days are long gone now and SFA is a 1-AA school that lost every single game last year..

3. Stanford (2-2) Blew out by Arizona State....yes, THAT Arizona State.

4. SMU (1-3) Blew out by RICE...yes RICE. The only win these guys have is against 1-AA Texas State....and that was a nailbiter.

All in all TCU's Opponents are 3-10 against 1-A teams....

Does TCU suck? Not at all.
Are they good enough to play in the PAc-10? Certainly..

But the fact remains...that we are OU, we are great, and we are not a Pac-10 School.

Sooners by 27.

picasso
9/25/2008, 12:33 PM

ESPN

if you're scared of a home game then go home and cry to momma!

Lott's Bandana
9/25/2008, 01:07 PM
Like playing the game at the Museum Stadium would make a diff?

SoFla Sooner
9/25/2008, 02:53 PM
I know OU is the best team of the two, but our boys seem to find a way to get beat by a lesser team.

CU, TT and WV last season
Oregon and Boise in '06
TCU and UCLA in '05

Dude, I am not a shrink. But I have been known to take a few psychtropics. Trust me, you should consider a mood elevator.;)

Jason White's Third Knee
9/25/2008, 03:05 PM
Dude, I am not a shrink. But I have been known to take a few psychtropics. Trust me, you should consider a mood elevator.;)

Mood Elevator. I guess when you get on, the lights dim they play the Doors and lava lamps come on.

JLEW1818
9/25/2008, 03:21 PM
WV game .... minus ...... - smith, - kelly - holmes, - DM, - granger

Tech game minus Bradford

aka

When we our healthy we are damn good