PDA

View Full Version : Nation's top Chevy dealer shuttered

Okla-homey
9/25/2008, 07:37 AM
The "bowtie" brand is in serious decline. Crappily built, ugly, inefficient vehicles built by over-compensated UAW members = FAIL

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2008/09/24/128852.html

LilSooner
9/25/2008, 07:41 AM
Yeah, but I still like my poor man's lexus, the equinox.

royalfan5
9/25/2008, 08:24 AM
This group was know for being super shady, and it should be noted that GMAC cancelled their floorplan. To get your floorplan yanked when you are doing that much business takes Jerry Lundergaard type chicanery.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/bill-heard-dealerships-close/

My Opinion Matters
9/25/2008, 08:34 AM
As long as no one takes my Kristen Glover away, I'll be happy.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/25/2008, 09:00 AM
their slogan should change from Dad will do it to Who wouldn't do it

bri
9/25/2008, 09:12 AM
http://irritatedtulsan.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/kristen.jpg

Like a double cheeseburger.

OUHOMER
9/25/2008, 09:13 AM
http://www.ajc.com/search/content/business/stories/2008/08/27/bill_heard_lawsuit.html

Sounds like Alan Merrill back in the day.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/25/2008, 09:14 AM
Sales would go up if they changed it to Who would like to hit it

busynothings
9/25/2008, 10:44 AM
My husband and I were what we considered to be a GM, particularly Chevy family. I bought my last GM vehicle five years ago. It was an Oldsmobile Alero, I bought it to replace my Cavalier I had had since high school, and it didn't last 80,000 miles before it was too costly to keep. I now drive a 6 cylinder 2007 Camry LE, and I will not in the foreseeable future by another GM. You can just tell when you open the doors, turn on the ignition, and actually ride the Camry that it's just a better made vehicle. IT is my poor-mans Lexus, for real.

The DH's 2000 Silverado has been pretty good, but that's only after years of fixing problems it had from when it was built. When it stops running, it'll be replaced with a Tundra. No, we don't care about gas mileage too much, we just want vehicles that are well-built.

We'll always pick a GM over a Ford, but Toyota is first choice now.

Condescending Sooner
9/25/2008, 12:47 PM
The toyota tundra's have had many recalls and problems. Might want to do a little research before falling head over heels for Toyota.

olevetonahill
9/25/2008, 02:11 PM
My husband and I were what we considered to be a GM, particularly Chevy family. I bought my last GM vehicle five years ago. It was an Oldsmobile Alero, I bought it to replace my Cavalier I had had since high school, and it didn't last 80,000 miles before it was too costly to keep. I now drive a 6 cylinder 2007 Camry LE, and I will not in the foreseeable future by another GM. You can just tell when you open the doors, turn on the ignition, and actually ride the Camry that it's just a better made vehicle. IT is my poor-mans Lexus, for real.

The DH's 2000 Silverado has been pretty good, but that's only after years of fixing problems it had from when it was built. When it stops running, it'll be replaced with a Tundra. No, we don't care about gas mileage too much, we just want vehicles that are well-built.

We'll always pick a GM over a Ford, but Toyota is first choice now.

So your deciding that GM is Junk Based on You buying a Bottom of the Line vehicle :rolleyes:

Earickson
9/25/2008, 02:26 PM
It's always confusing for me to listen to people explain their allegiances to brands of anything. In the instance of cars, some people will decide that an entire product line of cars, corporation, or make of car/truck is a total crap-fest based on some extremely limited contact and experience with that aforementioned product, corp., or make of cars.

Does anybody else think that it's possible that that person could have been blessed with the bad luck of buying a few bad cars/trucks, and that might not say something larger about the producer of those cars/trucks?

I was at a restaurant the other night, and a guy at the bar was practically screaming to the whole joint about how and why he was a die hard Ford Man. He had nothing good to say about any other brand of cars/trucks. I've met the same kind of guy who will pimp GM/Chevy while damning all others, and obviously Toyota has it's fans that are very brand loyal.

All of these people think they have made the correct and logical decision, but my question would be, "'Which one of you idiots is right?"

olevetonahill
9/25/2008, 02:33 PM
It's always confusing for me to listen to people explain their allegiances to brands of anything. In the instance of cars, some people will decide that an entire product line of cars, corporation, or make of car/truck is a total crap-fest based on some extremely limited contact and experience with that aforementioned product, corp., or make of cars.

Does anybody else think that it's possible that that person could have been blessed with the bad luck of buying a few bad cars/trucks, and that might not say something larger about the producer of those cars/trucks?

I was at a restaurant the other night, and a guy at the bar was practically screaming to the whole joint about how and why he was a die hard Ford Man. He had nothing good to say about any other brand of cars/trucks. I've met the same kind of guy who will pimp GM/Chevy while damning all others, and obviously Toyota has it's fans that are very brand loyal.

All of these people think they have made the correct and logical decision, but my question would be, "'Which one of you idiots is right?"

Welcome to Politics .

bri
9/25/2008, 06:44 PM
So your deciding that GM is Junk Based on You buying a Bottom of the Line vehicle :rolleyes:

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!

Don't listen to him, Winona. He's just a mean drunk...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3058/2878299008_226e282c32.jpg

:D

olevetonahill
9/25/2008, 06:51 PM
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!

Don't listen to him, Winona. He's just a mean drunk...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3058/2878299008_226e282c32.jpg

Im am Not a Mean Drunk
You take that Back Before I shoot yer azz.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

tulsaoilerfan
9/25/2008, 07:19 PM
How can a company that did 2 billion in revenue in one year go broke?

GottaHavePride
9/25/2008, 07:35 PM
How can a company that did 2 billion in revenue in one year go broke?

By spending 4 billion in that same year.

tulsaoilerfan
9/25/2008, 09:42 PM
By spending 4 billion in that same year.

On what? Presidential contributions and whores?

LilSooner
9/25/2008, 09:55 PM
hookers and blow man, hookers and blow.

tbl
9/25/2008, 10:45 PM
This is a pretty big deal here in Atlanta. I'm so excited...

GottaHavePride
9/25/2008, 11:02 PM
On what? Presidential contributions and whores?

heck if I know - I don't knwo what their actual expenditures were. I'm just saying - spending way more than you make is a good way to go broke.

OU4LIFE
9/26/2008, 07:58 AM
I've owned most every brand out there, there are obviously some that are WAY crappier than the others, and each brand makes lemons.

I'll mostly stick with my Ford for the most part, seem to just have better luck with them.