PDA

View Full Version : David Blane....WTF?

SeattleOUstudent
9/24/2008, 10:38 PM
WTF was that? I switched over to watch my ABC news at 10 and had to stomach about 10 min of buildup.

The ****er was supposed to jump from like 40 feet onto something. Instead, something happened and his cables caught him. FAIL.

So, instead, he pulls a "Peter Pan" and floats off into the night and they tried to make THAT his trick.

WTF? WTF? WTF?

***. :eek:

BudSooner
9/24/2008, 10:40 PM
Nothing to see I guess,
Sincerely yours
Geraldo

GottaHavePride
9/24/2008, 11:21 PM
When was the last time a David Blaine stunt worked correctly?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/24/2008, 11:23 PM
he can go back to oprah , hold his breath for 30 seconds, and she can hold him and yell his name over and over DAAAVVVIIDD BLAANNEE

KC//CRIMSON
9/24/2008, 11:24 PM
I wish he would just, well, vanish.

proud gonzo
9/24/2008, 11:26 PM
When was the last time a David Blaine stunt worked correctly?
i thought he was pretty good on South Park :norm:

yermom
9/25/2008, 12:00 AM
I wish he would just, well, vanish.

yeah, he should make himself disappear

that or make someone pee orange soda

OUTromBoNado
9/25/2008, 12:17 AM
You're a demon, David Blaine! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYxu_MQSTTY)

Crimsontothecore
9/25/2008, 12:32 AM
I agree the ending was strange but his street magic is amazing. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for the stuff he does but most of it seems beyond explanation.

I've decided it comes down to one of two possibilities.

1. Everybody, including the bystanders on the street corners, is part of the act. Everything is planned and scripted beforehand.
2. He really is magic.

OUMallen
9/25/2008, 10:24 AM
I was pretty pissed at this. It was ridiculous. From the staged doctors to the retarded flying cables and his scary jump. My commute to work is more dangerous than that. That was just pure bull****.

Hot Rod
9/25/2008, 10:31 AM
David Blaine fears Criss Angel

8timechamps
9/25/2008, 10:43 AM
There's something about magic that is "made for T.V."....it's just...

Well, it's just crap.

I could pull a semi truck out of my *** if I did it on T.V.

SeattleOUstudent
9/25/2008, 06:23 PM
that was such crap last night. Hope no one else watched.

OUMallen
9/25/2008, 06:30 PM
W YORK (AP) — Magician-daredevil David Blaine says he's unhappy with how he ended his latest stunt: hanging upside-down without a net high over Central Park for 60 hours.
The 35-year-old endurance artist, who completed the stunt Wednesday night, expressed his disappointment in an appearance Thursday morning on "Live With Regis and Kelly."
"I had dreamed up the most amazing ending for a stunt ever," he said.
Blaine said his grand finale of diving from a platform 44 feet to the ground while attached to a harness didn't go according to plan. He was supposed to jump and, at 10 feet, be swept away by a bunch of helium-filled balloons.
Instead, he dangled awkwardly for a moment before disappearing in an ascent into the night sky.
Blaine said ABC, which aired the event in a two-hour special called "David Blaine: Dive of Death," had encouraged him not to dive because of high winds.
"I wasn't going to let everybody down, so I just jumped, and somehow the guys with the balloons made it work, and they pulled me slowly up and I went over into the park and they pulled me down," he said.
Blaine added: "I know that it didn't work right when all my friends called up and said, `Wait, what happened? I'm confused.'"
Did his head feel heavy with blood during his upside-down act?
"In the beginning it did," he said. "At the end of the first day I thought I wasn't going to make it. I didn't know what I was going to do, but I didn't want to disappoint everybody, so I kept pushing and going as hard as I could."

Cam
9/25/2008, 08:54 PM
I really hope they didn't make those in attendance pay for that crap. I'd be wanting my money back if that was the case. His magic's cool. His stunts, not so much.

BigRedJed
9/26/2008, 10:29 AM
He needs to stick to street magic. That's generally pretty interesting. An aside, at least one of those street magic shots happened in OKC, right in front of the Starbucks in Bricktown. I was looking at it for a minute and was all "WTF?"

His stunts, however, blow.

Echoes
9/26/2008, 12:09 PM
Exactly what BRJ said. His first special was awesome. All the other stuff? Leave it to someone else.

Penguin
9/26/2008, 12:52 PM
I love how people think he's freaking awesome.

Here's a tip: If the TV show says that camera tricks were not used, it means that camera tricks WERE used! Duh! He ain't going to jail and he's not going to be sued for lying on tv. He's an entertainer.

Street tricks are easy. Write somebody's name on a piece of paper, he'll burn it without looking at the paper, then that name magically appears on his arm! Hint: That was take two. What you don't see is take one where the subject wasn't "concentrating hard enough", etc. He then sneaks a peak at the paper. Ooh, ah! How magical that the name appears on his arm during take two!