PDA

View Full Version : First you get the abs, then you get the khakis, then you get the girls!

setem
9/24/2008, 10:18 PM
I know I have started a fat be gone thread before but I am going to do it this time!

Just did 50 sit ups...it's a start no?

Gonna eat better and not eat 3 spicy chicken samiches from Carl's Jr anymore!

Still gonna drink the beer but I am going to work out with my friend and see what I can do!

Fat *** be gone from me!!!

tommieharris91
9/24/2008, 10:26 PM
Go to the pool and work out with GHP. I hear he teaches people how to do breaststroke.

setem
9/24/2008, 10:29 PM
Go to the pool and work out with GHP. I hear he teaches people how to do breaststroke.

Who's breasts might we be stroking cause if that is how you lose weight, then I am going to be one chiseled motha trucka!

GottaHavePride
9/24/2008, 10:31 PM
Dude.

1. Ditch the sodas. Coke is teh debbil. Drink water instead.

2. EET MOR FROOT. Not froot loops. For breakfast I've been doing yogurt, granola, and some fruit.

3. Just eat less.

4. Swim a lot.

I've lost ten pounds and one belt notch in the past two months, and two weeks of that I didn't even go to the gym because of work.

setem
9/24/2008, 10:41 PM
What do you weigh GHP?

I am 293 and fatter than hell!

GottaHavePride
9/24/2008, 10:48 PM
I started at 205. Down to 194.

Lott's Bandana
9/24/2008, 10:48 PM
I know I have started a fat be gone thread before but I am going to do it this time!

Just did 50 sit ups...it's a start no?

Gonna eat better and not eat 3 spicy chicken samiches from Carl's Jr anymore!

Still gonna drink the beer but I am going to work out with my friend and see what I can do!

Fat *** be gone from me!!!

Look at the motivation Setem got from watching Stacy Keibler vids!

Preservation Parcels
9/24/2008, 11:05 PM
Six Pack Abs in Six Minutes on Your Couch (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/925256/how_to_get_six_pack_abs_in_6_minutes_on_your_couch _this_works/)

It works, and I've had four sons.

A for effort for you!

setem
9/24/2008, 11:06 PM
I started at 205. Down to 194.

You fat ****! You need to lose weight!:P

Lott's Bandana
9/24/2008, 11:15 PM
Six Pack Abs in Six Minutes on Your Couch (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/925256/how_to_get_six_pack_abs_in_6_minutes_on_your_couch _this_works/)

A for effort for you!

Wait! That video was only 5:28.
:pop:
:32 seconds left for a beer!

Sooner24
9/24/2008, 11:44 PM
Talk to this guy.

http://blogs.nypost.com/40by40/Jared%20Subway%20Guy%20Fat.jpg

tommieharris91
9/25/2008, 12:01 AM

A for effort for you!

Damn I need to do this more often.

SoonerStud615
9/25/2008, 12:26 AM
I cut out a majority of the red meat I ate and switched it for chicken and added more fruit and less soda. I still have an indulgence now and then, but maybe once or twice a week. I went from 215 to about 190 now.

OUTromBoNado
9/25/2008, 12:34 AM
Dude.

1. Ditch the sodas. Coke is teh debbil. Drink water instead.

3. Just eat less.

Werd. These two are the big ones. I was shocked at how much difference quitting the Dr. P made. I was drinking two a day usually, and made the switch to Diet Dr. P. To be honest, it's tastes like ***, but it still gives me my caffeine when I have to be at work at 4am. Also, since it tastes like crap, I don't really think, "Oh, man, I gotta have another!" I'll still have a regular Dr. Pepper from time-to-time (my football or traveling drink), but I find it so sweet that I almost can't stand it.

If you still need something for the sweet tooth, go to the juice section at Wal-Mart or your favorite grocery store. Look where they sell the Crystal Light stuff. They sell Sugar-Free Kool-Aid "To-Go." Basically, you dump a package in a 16.9-oz. bottle of water, shake it, and drink away. The cherry is really good and helped me get away from Dr. Pepper. I have trouble drinking just plain water. I need something with flavor. Today, I found some similar packets of different kinds of Lipton tea. So far, I've tried the Lemon and the Raspberry White Tea.

Slow down when you eat and take a drink more often. Cooking a little less also helps. I started cutting servings in half and found myself full, surprisingly. Since I'm still single, usually I wind up cooking enough for two or three extra meals that I take to work. I started cutting my recipes in half, which was great in two ways: (1) helped me eat less, (2) cut down on how much $$$ I spent on food.

So far, I started at 210 about three weeks ago, and I'm down to 200 now. My goal is 170. I've only gone to the gym once a couple of weeks ago thanks to my crappy work schedule. But, I know I'll start to really see a difference once I start working out.

Don't try to make a big change at once in your lifestyle (unless you must). I found it to be too hard and discouraging. Take baby steps and make a plan. For me it was: (1) Drop the Dr. Pepper, (2) Start eating smarter, (3) Start getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night, (4) Start working out.

Cam
9/25/2008, 09:03 PM
Dropping the soda's wasn't easy, but it's the best thing I did to drop weight.

Eat smaller, and eat a healthy snack of cottage cheese, yogurt, etc every 2-3 hours to kick in the metabolism.

I went from 180 to hovering around 160-163 since the end of July. I want to get to 150, but don't know if I'll make it or not.

My clothes fit a hell of a lot better now.