View Full Version : Stoops Breaks Down The Matchup Against TCU

CK Sooner
9/24/2008, 12:02 PM
Sorry, its to long to put on here.

Good Q&A, enjoy.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=854464

CK Sooner
9/24/2008, 12:06 PM
Q: Your team had a players only meeting right before the Washington game. Usually when we hear about that it's when things aren't going well. Things are going well. Is that something that's unique to this team?
Stoops:Yeah, it probably is. I don't know that we've had a lot of those. But you'd have to ask them. I wasn't in it. They didn't let me. In the end, it's a positive thing.

I feel to this point we've had really good leadership. Not just from the captains but from the juniors and seniors. Not just the seniors. There's a bunch of guys that are stepping up and taking some accountability for leading the team and that's always a good thing.

That my friends is a good sign.

rondog79
9/24/2008, 01:07 PM
good stuff

NormanPride
9/24/2008, 02:04 PM
We'll see through the season, but these guys look like they're working hard every play. The biggest difference I've noticed is the WRs are blocking machines, and have worked their tails off.

CK Sooner
9/24/2008, 02:07 PM
We'll see through the season, but these guys look like they're working hard every play. The biggest difference I've noticed is the WRs are blocking machines, and have worked their tails off.

Ryan Christian there leading reciever. (he also has the most rushing yards)
is listed as probable because he was "banged" up last game. Lets see if that has an effect on how he plays, if he does.

http://www.collegeinjuryreport.com/injury-report.php?vw=T

birddog
9/24/2008, 02:18 PM
that's one of the most open, honest interviews i've ever seen from stoopsie.

good reading.

SoonerDood
9/24/2008, 02:57 PM

This team plays like they're pissed off every play. I haven't seen us play like that since '02. Maybe why we've seen such thuggery from the opponents.

AZSOONER
9/24/2008, 03:06 PM
Good article.

AZSOONER
9/24/2008, 03:07 PM
I just realized I have the same # of posts as SoonerDood, so here's 1 more.:)

SoonerDood
9/24/2008, 03:27 PM
heh

SoonerKnight
9/24/2008, 09:02 PM
great interview ans good news we have strong leadership within the team!!!!

Jason White's Third Knee
9/24/2008, 09:06 PM
If anyone should break it down, I vote for MC Hammer.

cheezyq
9/24/2008, 10:26 PM
This caught my eye:

Q: I think some people don't think strength of schedule matters anymore but it does matter...
Stoops: Well, you watch. At the end of the year it didn't last year. Everybody was ranked according to losses.

I absolutely 100% agree with that statement. THIS is the reason why I think Bob pulled out of the coaches poll.