PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Horne at it again!

SoonerInLubbock
9/24/2008, 11:24 AM
Top 10 whiniest coaches....guess who made the list.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory?contentId=8599970#sport=COLLEGE%20FOOTBALL&photo=8600350:eek:

Taxman71
9/24/2008, 11:28 AM
Basically, every top 10 coach is a whiner, pretty good company except for Gundy, who made it for obvious reasons. I don't remember Stoops whining much about the Oregon debacle....99% of it was Boren, the OK media, etc.

Collier11
9/24/2008, 11:30 AM
who cares

NormanPride
9/24/2008, 11:31 AM
What a surprise. New, unknown, inexperienced blowhard tries her best to **** off all the biggest fanbases so she'll get recognized. Oh boy.

SoonerStormchaser
9/24/2008, 11:45 AM
Jenni > Lisa

Just.
Sayin.

CK Sooner
9/24/2008, 11:49 AM
Jenni > Lisa

Just.
Sayin.

I would have to agree.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/24/2008, 11:49 AM
WOw. What a great job.

I could do that.

Hmm.

Top 10 Most worthless sports reporters...

Boomer.....
9/24/2008, 11:51 AM
Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State
Gundy must be thrilled he finally got some prime-time exposure. Too bad it was for his epic whining about some alleged inaccuracies printed by The Oklahoman. But Gundy's wasn't just any whine. It was a head-exploding mother of all tantrums. "I'm a man! I'm 40!" will forever go down as one of the whiniest rants of all time.

Heh.

boomrsoonr
9/24/2008, 12:00 PM
WOw. What a great job.

I could do that.

Hmm.

Top 10 Most worthless sports reporters...

I'll try!!

10 - Mark May
09 - Ivan Maisel
08 - Chris Fowler
07 - Lou Holtz
06 - Brent Musburger
05 - Lee Corso
04 - Lisa Horne
03 - Lisa Horne
02 - Lisa Horne
01 - Lisa Horne

sooneron
9/24/2008, 12:10 PM
I'll try!!

10 - Mark May
09 - Ivan Maisel
08 - Chris Fowler
07 - Lou Holtz
06 - Brent Musburger
05 - Lee Corso
04 - Lisa Horne
03 - Lisa Horne
02 - Lisa Horne
01 - Lisa Horne

You may want to re-think your definition of "sports reporter".

DallasSooner87
9/24/2008, 12:13 PM
The first problem with the article is Stoops doesn't whine. He intimidates officials into not making more bad calls.

SteelClip49
9/24/2008, 12:14 PM
I'd make her whine

sooneron
9/24/2008, 12:15 PM
I guess no one remembers Bob whining about espn bias and the sec a few years back. I'm not saying he deserves to be on the list, but that was embarrassing.

My Opinion Matters
9/24/2008, 12:16 PM
Meh.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/24/2008, 12:22 PM
She is just a fat woman who never got love in high school or college trying to get back at the jocks or coaches who made her life hell. Give a scorned bitch a pen and a paper and she will write some dumb stuff...just sayin'.

SteelClip49
9/24/2008, 12:30 PM
Lisa Horne is a football addict who actually understands the nuances of the x's and o's of football. She is currently going into her second year as a contracted college football sportswriter for FOXSports.com.

She has been published and quoted on many websites, including MSN.com, SI.com, Deadspin.com, BCSfootball.org, MSNBC.com, ESPN.com, and Steroid Nation. She has done live college football commentary for FOXSports.com and also has a blog, "Straight Talk From the Left Coast."

Lisa was just ten years old when she told her daddy that she would be the first woman to cover the Super Bowl, and she ended up fulfilling her ultimate wish by doing live commentary of Super Bowl XLII on February 3rd, 2008 for MSN.com and FOXSports.com.

By the way, it's true. Chicks dig the long ball.

Email: [email protected]

http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/Lisa-Horne-FOXSports.com-College-Football-Contributor?authorId=321

Chick??? hell, if she's a chick then Hillary is a dancer at Night Trips.

mxATVracer10
9/24/2008, 12:32 PM
I'd make her whine

After a quick GIS, you can have her man :gary:

picasso
9/24/2008, 12:32 PM
Lisa Horne is a football addict who actually understands the nuances of the x's and o's of football. She is currently going into her second year as a contracted college football sportswriter for FOXSports.com.

She has been published and quoted on many websites, including MSN.com, SI.com, Deadspin.com, BCSfootball.org, MSNBC.com, ESPN.com, and Steroid Nation. She has done live college football commentary for FOXSports.com and also has a blog, "Straight Talk From the Left Coast."

Lisa was just ten years old when she told her daddy that she would be the first woman to cover the Super Bowl, and she ended up fulfilling her ultimate wish by doing live commentary of Super Bowl XLII on February 3rd, 2008 for MSN.com and FOXSports.com.

By the way, it's true. Chicks dig the long ball.

Email: [email protected]

http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/Lisa-Horne-FOXSports.com-College-Football-Contributor?authorId=321

Chick??? hell, if she's a chick then Hillary is a dancer at Night Trips.

if you've never played then you just don't know that much about it.

it'd be like me writing on synchronized diving.

wait a min....

85sooners
9/24/2008, 12:34 PM
:rolleyes:

CK Sooner
9/24/2008, 12:35 PM
:rolleyes:

:gary:

boomrsoonr
9/24/2008, 12:36 PM
You may want to re-think your definition of "sports reporter".

Attempts at reporting?

Analyst, broadcaster, reporter. Eh, same thing.

badger
9/24/2008, 12:38 PM
I'll save everyone a mouse click and put the list here:

1. Steve Spurrier
Reason: Let's just save the writer the trouble of thinking and just pick on coaches who wear visors in this list.
2. Rich Roddy
Reason: Also going to pick on losers that used to win.
3. Les Miles
Reason: And winners that used to lose.
4. Tommy Tubberville
Reason: And... in-betweeners.
5. Mike Gundy
Reason: And losers who... used to lose.
6. Nick Saban
Reason: In-betweener
7. Mike Stoops
Reason: Visor.
8. Bob Stoops
Reason: VISOR!!!!
9. Urban Meyer
Reason: Winner
10. Rich Brooks
Reason: Loser

SbOrOiNaEnR
That repulsive hosebag must have a snizz in her snooch.

SteelClip49
I wonder if she and Mike Lupica have gotten together.....eek.

SteelClip49
9/24/2008, 12:39 PM
lololol....I didn't type that but that's awesome....the L word is banned :)

sooneron
9/24/2008, 12:41 PM
Attempts at reporting?

Analyst, broadcaster, reporter. Eh, same thing.

No, not really. May/Holtz/Corso/Musberger (to a degree)/&Fowler are on air "personalities". They commentate on what is going on, they rarely report anything. Fowler and Musberger are probably the only ones that have ever written anything or really reported.
Horne is barely a sports reporter as she seems to do more opinion pieces.

SoonerBBall
9/24/2008, 01:01 PM
What do you expect from a USC grad? She's a poser.

Taxman71
9/24/2008, 01:13 PM
What do you expect from a USC grad? She's a poser.

Yes, if the list truly wants to identify "whining" as opposed to the ocassional griping, I would put Mack Brown and Pete Carroll at the top of the list for their annual "We belong in the BCS title game/bowl game" whine-fest.

badger
9/24/2008, 01:15 PM
Anybody else see the irony in whining about a whiniest coach article :confused:

NormanPride
9/24/2008, 02:02 PM
Same with the irony of being *******s about a "worst fans" article by the same chick.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/24/2008, 02:07 PM
That repulsive hosebag must have a snizz in her snooch.

Very Dr. Suess of you.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/24/2008, 02:11 PM
No, not really. May/Holtz/Corso/Musberger (to a degree)/&Fowler are on air "personalities". They commentate on what is going on, they rarely report anything. Fowler and Musberger are probably the only ones that have ever written anything or really reported.
Horne is barely a sports reporter as she seems to do more opinion pieces.

Mark May and personality should never be used in the same sentence. Same with Mark May and smarts, the only caviat being, "After listening to Mark May, my head smarts." and the like.

The Maestro
9/24/2008, 02:16 PM
Threads like this is all Lisa was probably aiming for.

So somewhere, I am sure she thanks everyone for discussing. Free pub!

SoonerLB
9/24/2008, 02:39 PM
She's gettin' some free pub alright! I will never forget that she REPORTEDLY has "snizz in her snooch."
Just sayin'........

SteelClip49
9/24/2008, 02:52 PM
I thought USC was a top tier academic institution.....guess they let anyone in. She gets accepted but Steven Spielberg applied twice and was denied.

Taxman71
9/24/2008, 03:01 PM
I thought USC was a top tier academic institution.....guess they let anyone in. She gets accepted but Steven Spielberg applied twice and was denied.

Cause he had snizz in his schnozz instead of his snooch.

badger
9/24/2008, 03:08 PM

Affirmative action. It was the Title IX era and they needed more chicks or faced losing their men's football program. Thus, they had to turn away all qualified white male filmmakers in favor of unqualified white female...um... whatever Lisa is. Blogger? Professional paid blogger? Errrr.... yeah.

^^^i made that up. don't quote me^^^

Seamus
9/24/2008, 03:13 PM
I'll bet she wears comfortable shoes.

Collier11
9/24/2008, 03:23 PM
if you've never played then you just don't know that much about it.

it'd be like me writing on synchronized diving.

wait a min....

I guess no one has ever been a successful coach or commentator without playing :rolleyes:

Jason White's Third Knee
9/24/2008, 05:08 PM
Cause he had snizz in his schnozz instead of his snooch.

Pfft.

Racist.

stoopified
9/24/2008, 05:46 PM
Jenni > Lisa

Just.
Sayin.That may be JUST a tad over the line. :)

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/24/2008, 05:50 PM
Jenni = 10 beers.
Lisa = 20 beers.

Just.
Sayin.

Fixed.

RADsooner
9/24/2008, 06:05 PM
posted by soonerfree in the stoops part:

"Lisa is merely a Pac10 homer and a USC fan everyone knows it. Of course everyone also knows that she got credit for causing the USC jock-itch problems they had earlier in the year."

Leroy Lizard
9/24/2008, 08:57 PM
I wish you guys would quit posting about her. She is just an idiot blowhard and nobody takes her seriously!

Jason White's Third Knee
9/24/2008, 09:11 PM
I wish you guys would quit posting about her. She is just an idiot blowhard and nobody takes her seriously!

Don't sweat it. No one takes this thread seiously.

Sooner in Tampa
9/25/2008, 06:21 AM
I agree with what someone else said...she is a SUC grad with an obvious bias.

She live in Orange County for goodness sake...we all know that Orange County's idea of the real world is slightly warped compared to the rest of the planet.

oupride
9/25/2008, 08:11 AM
The Oregon game is a sorry excuse. Did she WATCH the game? Does not sound like it. If she did, she would KNOW OU recovered the onside kick and no explanation was given by the referee as to why the ball was given to Oregon. We are still waiting. Now read carefully please, I am dead serious. I have pondered asking the powers that be with OU to asterisk this game in the OU publications as a victory for the Sooners with the score stated as on the scoreboard when OU recovered the onside kick. Because at that point, it was game over. OU takes a knee next three plays and Oregon can not stop the clock. I have ideas how and where to start this effort, However I do not know WHO exactly with OU to initiate talks to and will seriously listen. IMO at this point this is the only way to make it right. If you feel as strongly as I do about it, I would welcome your IMs. Thank you for your kind consideration.

OKLA21FAN
9/25/2008, 08:19 AM
The Oregon game is a sorry excuse. Did she WATCH the game? Does not sound like it. If she did, she would KNOW OU recovered the onside kick and no explanation was given by the referee as to why the ball was given to Oregon. We are still waiting. Now read carefully please, I am dead serious. I have pondered asking the powers that be with OU to asterisk this game in the OU publications as a victory for the Sooners with the score stated as on the scoreboard when OU recovered the onside kick. Because at that point, it was game over. OU takes a knee next three plays and Oregon can not stop the clock. I have ideas how and where to start this effort, However I do not know WHO exactly with OU to initiate talks to and will seriously listen. IMO at this point this is the only way to make it right. If you feel as strongly as I do about it, I would welcome your IMs. Thank you for your kind consideration.

let it go, Grasshopper

too much hate does not a Jedi make.

oupride
9/25/2008, 09:59 AM
let it go, Grasshopper

Oregon trailed the Sooners 33-27 with 1:12 left in the game. The Sooners had recovered the onside attempt, coming from under the pile with the ball, but the ruling on the field was to give Oregon the ball. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Ducks_football)

Already know I, that which I need. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIn1mNmgDjc) May the force be with you!

badger
9/25/2008, 10:07 AM
:les: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT AN ARTICLE THAT SAYS WE COMPLAIN TOO MUCH! :mad:

:D seriously, stop it, or I'm going to start posting pics of aggie corps and whorn fans again. I may even resort to poke fans if it comes to it.

Clever Trevor
9/25/2008, 10:09 AM
It's a known fact that Lisa really loves to cyber it up...

OUthunder
9/25/2008, 10:10 AM
Oregon trailed the Sooners 33-27 with 1:12 left in the game. The Sooners had recovered the onside attempt, coming from under the pile with the ball, but the ruling on the field was to give Oregon the ball. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Ducks_football)

Already know I, that which I need. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIn1mNmgDjc) May the force be with you!

How many years ago was that game, three?

Clever Trevor
9/25/2008, 10:14 AM
Two

Jason White's Third Knee
9/25/2008, 10:26 AM
let it go, Grasshopper

Talking like Yoda does a nerd you make (or some ****). Plus you went from the Kung FU mentor to the Star Wars mentor.

Don't mix your mentors, dude. You could have added Chubbs Peterson saying "It's all in the hips." and it would have been just as uncool.

Clever Trevor
9/25/2008, 10:27 AM
I would say he went Full Retard.

SoFla Sooner
9/25/2008, 02:37 PM
Anybody else see the irony in whining about a whiniest coach article :confused:

And this didn't come until post #29?:confused:

OUthunder
9/25/2008, 03:10 PM
Talking like Yoda does a nerd you make (or some ****). Plus you went from the Kung FU mentor to the Star Wars mentor.

Don't mix your mentors, dude. You could have added Chubbs Peterson saying "It's all in the hips." and it would have been just as uncool.

Dude, my finger is ready to push the neg button thanks to the Ghey Wars connotation.

:D

OKLA21FAN
9/25/2008, 03:17 PM

walk, left side road, okay....walk right side road, okay....walk middle of road, eventually

get squish like grape :pop:

OUthunder
9/25/2008, 03:19 PM
It's a known fact that Lisa really loves to cyber it up...

Have you lathered that **** up Trevor?

badger
9/25/2008, 05:12 PM
And this didn't come until post #29?:confused:

It wasn't whining until it hit page 2. THEN it was whining. On page 3, it's borderline obsession, by page 4, these people are hiding secret crushes on Lisa Horne, by page 5, I beg the mods to lock it down.

soonerpike697
9/25/2008, 05:26 PM
Her thing about trashy fans didn't bother me, but I think with her logic you could have chosen any ten names of college coaches out of a hat...

soonerpike697
9/25/2008, 05:47 PM
posted by soonerfree in the stoops part:

"Lisa is merely a Pac10 homer and a USC fan everyone knows it. Of course everyone also knows that she got credit for causing the USC jock-itch problems they had earlier in the year."

I'm pretty sure that the USC athletes would gang bang Bevo before they would touch that, I mean wow dude she is a ROOT...

olevetonahill
9/25/2008, 06:16 PM
Who the **** cares what this Yainch thinks or says ?:rolleyes: