PDA

View Full Version : Rufus resigned by Minnesota today

Jay C. Upchurch
9/23/2008, 10:51 PM
I spoke to Rufus Alexander a bit earlier this evening and he said he resigned with the Vikings today after a really solid workout. He will report to the team's practice squad this week and is hoping to be moved to the active roster in the near future.

Alexander had rolled his ankle in the Vikings' opening preseason game and that injury had led to the team cutting him earlier this month. He maintained communications with the team and once his ankle got better, he was invited back to workout.

GottaHavePride
9/23/2008, 11:07 PM
oh. Gotcha. For a second I was thinking forced resignation; then I figured out that it's re-signed.

batonrougesooner
9/23/2008, 11:32 PM
Just reinforces how difficult the NFL is. One twisted ankle is the difference between making the roster and getting cut. A twisted ankle is the difference between an NFL pay check and selling cars.

Here's to Rufus making the practice squad and hopefully the active roster!

yermom
9/23/2008, 11:58 PM
i didn't know he played QB :confused:

ousooners182
9/24/2008, 03:36 AM
huhhh

Boomer.....
9/24/2008, 07:15 AM
Good for him!

Hot Rod
9/24/2008, 07:27 AM
Wow! This is amazing. When I first told my son he didn't make the team, it really got him down, because he was my son's favorite defensive player. Now, I get to go home tonight and tell him that he's back. This is really good news to hear. I hope he continues to do well.

swardboy
9/24/2008, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the confirmation of my post last night ON THE SAME SUBJECT.
It pays to lurk at Viking message boards. :D

GottaHavePride
9/24/2008, 07:30 PM
i didn't know he played QB :confused:

Heh.

Similarly, I always wanted to see Tommie Harris at fullback.

47straight
9/24/2008, 09:01 PM
Just reinforces how difficult the NFL is. One twisted ankle is the difference between making the roster and getting cut. A twisted ankle is the difference between an NFL pay check and selling cars.

Here's to Rufus making the practice squad and hopefully the active roster!

Talk about an unbelievable amount of pressure. Ugh. I've gotta remind myself to be thankful for what I've got.

boomermagic
9/25/2008, 10:27 AM
Rufus will be at the Wilburton vs. Hartshorne hi school game friday night signing autographs.. It's in our local paper..

Widescreen
9/25/2008, 10:35 AM
Heh.

Similarly, I always wanted to see Tommie Harris at fullback.

The T-Train!

picasso
9/25/2008, 12:19 PM
best of luck to him! the guy is a solid player.