PDA

View Full Version : My Mom on Letterman...

SeattleOUstudent
9/23/2008, 01:51 PM
So, my parents are in NYC this week and got tickets to Letterman. They went today to pick up the voucher (or something) and saw that they were going to be within a couple rows from the front. She also said she was "interviewed" but wont say anything further.

For those that have been before, what could this mean? Maybe he is going into the audience?

Anyway, it will be the Thurs night show and Ill have it Tivo'ed. :pop:

OKLA21FAN
9/23/2008, 01:54 PM
why was my first instinct to think this was some sort of copycat thread of Sicem's jail letter?

carry on!

CK Sooner
9/23/2008, 01:55 PM
So, my parents are in NYC this week and got tickets to Letterman. They went today to pick up the voucher (or something) and saw that they were going to be within a couple rows from the front. She also said she was "interviewed" but wont say anything further.

For those that have been before, what could this mean? Maybe he is going into the audience?

Sounds like she is going to be part of it somehow.

Sweet.

Taxman71
9/23/2008, 02:24 PM
Went to NYC last month, went to a Letterman show and got to sit on the front row. Very, very cool. Not to mention it was free.

The interview likely depends on whether it was David (in which case I fully expect her to be on TV) or by a staffer while waiting in line (it takes a few hours of standing in line, warming up, etc. before the show starts). When I was there, the staffers were looking for audience members who had great stories to possibly do a bit on the show. Hopefully, she will make it on.

tbl
9/23/2008, 02:28 PM

When I went in 2003 I got to sit right up front, but unfortunately it wasn't on a Thursday night. On Thursday nights he always goes into the audience for something, so you're parents will have a cool experience... might even get a free dinner at a restaurant or a meat tray.

You're "interviewed" by a bunch of interns that walk around the line you wait in to get your tix. They look for big Dave fans with a lot of enthusiasm, thus I was right on the front row.

I got to see Queen Latifah and Lou Reed... Lou Reed was locking eyes with me the whole time he was singing a song about Edgar Allen Poe. Weird...

Taxman71
9/23/2008, 02:30 PM
I got to see Queen Latifah and Lou Reed... Lou Reed was locking eyes with me the whole time he was singing a song about Edgar Allen Poe. Weird...

Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her leg and then he was a she
She says, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side

I saw We Are Scientists...pretty good.

mxATVracer10
9/23/2008, 02:40 PM
Aren't Thursday nights when Dave does "Know Your Current Events"? If so, he'll ask a few questions with goofy answers and then give them their choice of a few prizes...

tbl
9/23/2008, 02:41 PM
Aren't Thursday nights when Dave does "Know Your Current Events"? If so, he'll ask a few questions with goofy answers and then give them their choice of a few prizes...

Know your current events is pretty regular, but he always does some kind of audience participation on Thursdays.

SeattleOUstudent
9/23/2008, 03:36 PM
Ill tell her to wear somethin pretty. Knowing my mom, she will get on. I will have a youtube clip on here if she does.