PDA

View Full Version : RV Parking (Tailgate) at the Cotton Bowl?

bonkuba
9/23/2008, 09:29 AM
I know there is another thread regarding where to stay, etc at the CB but I didn't want to thread-jack.

I would like to bring our RV (5th wheel) down to tailgate at the game. This would allow a home base for the family as well as a place for the little ones and Grandma during the game. No need for electricity....we have a generator, etc.

Anyone ever done this?? Any help would be appreciated!!:D

bonkuba
9/23/2008, 01:43 PM
Anyone????.........Bueller????

OKLA21FAN
9/23/2008, 01:58 PM
i have done this a few times

first either look up the state fair websight or call them to find out which lot is the RV lot. they will not let you bring an RV into the normal lots anymore. I think the parking fee is about 25 bucks a night and the shuttles are very close by.

The RV area is alot of fun for both UT and OU fans, and well worth the non headache of the traffic.

fwsooner22
9/23/2008, 02:17 PM
I have done this but it has been awhile. You were fine until you said little ones and grandma. This is the fair park area of Dallas. Please be careful.

OKLA21FAN
9/23/2008, 02:34 PM
I have done this but it has been awhile. You were fine until you said little ones and grandma. This is the fair park area of Dallas. Please be careful.

there is plenty of 24 hour security. we have never had a 'local' issue

bonkuba
9/24/2008, 12:17 PM

Thanks for the warning.....appreciate it. We lived in Dallas for 5 years (unfortunately) and been to the fair many times....just not with the RV.

Thanks for all of the replies!!!

bonkuba
9/24/2008, 12:23 PM
Just found this....thought I would let everyone know that the price has went up a little :D

RV parking passes will be available for purchase online beginning Aug. 1. RV overnight parking is only available for TX/OU weekend, Thursday, Oct. 9 through Sunday, Oct. 12. Details (http://www.bigtex.com/generalinfo/ticketsparking/RVParkingdetails.asp)
• RV Parking (no hookups): $200
• RV Parking (with electrical hookup): $275
• Additional vehicle: $75
Please note: Some RV parking areas are unpaved.
Call the State Fair Information Line at 214.565.9931 for additional assistance or e-mail us at [email protected] ([email protected]).
Please note: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

mustangsooner
9/25/2008, 08:10 PM
We camped out at the fairgrounds last year and it was a really good time. We grilled and BSed with texas fans. It was a great time and there is security all over the place.