PDA

View Full Version : Thx to ABC/Gameplan, the early Sat CFB games suk this week.

aurorasooner
9/23/2008, 12:40 AM
Just checked the TV listing coming up for Sat.
Kent State at Ball State 11:00 a.m. ESPN-GP / ERTV
Maryland at Clemson 11:00 a.m. Raycom *3 (HD) / ESPN-GP *2
Michigan State at Indiana 11:00 a.m. ESPN (HD) Didn't IU lose to Ball State? wtf
Minnesota at Ohio State 11:00 a.m. BTN (HD)
North Carolina at Miami 11:00 a.m. ESPN2 (HD)
Northern Illinois at Eastern Michigan 11:00 a.m. ESPN-GP / ERTV
Northwestern at Iowa 11:00 a.m. ESPN Classic
Pittsburgh at Syracuse 11:00 a.m. ALT / SNY / MASN / ERTV / ESPN-GP
UC Davis at Northeastern 11:00 a.m. CSNE / CSNW
Virginia at Duke 11:00 a.m. ESPNU (HD)
Ole Miss at Florida 11:30 a.m. Raycom *3 (HD) / ESPN-GP *2 / Yahoo --Didn't Ole Pizz lose to Vandy last week?
Army at Texas A&M 11:30 a.m. Versus---Army is 0-3 with at least 3 TD losses to the likes of New Hampshire, Temple & Akron. Maybe the Aggies can win this one at home. Seems like Versus should've had OSU move the OSU/Troy game to an early game & picked it up instead of Army vs the "Pretend Army", but with Armed Forces TV this game would probably get a lot more viewers than OSU/Troy. (I'm wondering if Fox College Sports Central is picking up the OSU/Troy game but I can't find their listings anywhere. With Nebraska/Va.Tech (or Illinois/Penn St. split night coverage), OU/TCU, and UGA/'Bama, nobody would be watching it anyway).
ABC has 4 games in the afternoon slot, 2 have Big 12 teams, and the others are UCLA/Fresno which nobody outside of Cali GAS about, and Michigan/Wisky(which is a game I would probably watch in the early Saturday time slot than any of the ones above). ABC/ESPN did a reverse mirror with ND/Mich St. and VaTech/UNC last week, Now will they do the same this week for the Big 12 in the Big 12 region..?????? Have Texas/Arkie and Colorado/FSU mirrored on ABC/ESPN in the Midlands or will the Big 12 north get CU/FSU and the Big 12 south (Okla/Texas) get Texas/Arkansas. I don't understand why ABC doesn't move at least 1 of the 2 Big 12 games to the early time slot (or Wisy/Michigan with split coverage there). I wish the NCAA would give ABC a 1 game 1st choice per week, then give Fox the 2nd choice for both the early morning, afternoon, and night games. Just an observation, but it looks like ABC/ESPN is more concerned with giving the Big 10 network & Fox the shaft on College Football coverage with that D&^N Gameplan, than actually showing the best games in a particular time slot.
D!@( I'm glad OU/TCU is on Fox even though their commercials are way too long (& numerous), and their announcers are usually "anything left-coast slanted". I also can't figure out why CBS would opt for Tenn/Auburn instead of UGA/'Bama in their afternoon time slot thus giving the game to ESPN. If I was CBS, I'd fire their SEC scheduler.

sooner518
9/23/2008, 10:30 AM
ill take that early morning of crappy football and go outside or something!

badger
9/23/2008, 12:05 PM
My two cents:

The schools protested against having the early game. Remember how much we all used whine and moan about getting up so early for the 11 a.m. game that we seemed to have every week?

Well, just guessing here... the other schools are probably just as hung over and prone to not wanting to wake up for an 11 a.m. (or 12 p.m. or 10 a.m. or 9 a.m. depending on time zone... would Hawaii be about 7 a.m.???).

Joe C. once demanded the game get pushed back from 11 to 12 for Homecoming. My guess is the demands were not from him alone. 2:30 or 6 is the desired start time for all schools and the businesses in town. Gives fans a chance to drop a few hundred first :D

Just my thoughts.