PDA

View Full Version : The fragility of the human form

Tulsa_Fireman
9/22/2008, 10:42 PM
It is easily broken, this thing we call the body.

What we eat, what we drink, how we conduct our lives. But nothing shows the crystal goblet that is the human body like its unnecessary, needless destruction. Like glass to concrete, a tie of a knot, a loss of hope, and the die is cast forever. A beautiful gift from God misguided and gone.

If you're of an inclination, say a prayer tonight for those that are lost, not from God's eye, but from hope. For those that find no fruit from their labor, no joy from their effort, no happiness from life.

For those that see fit to take God's gift and dash it upon the rocks. And those that can't find the strength to steer from them in the first place.

GottaHavePride
9/22/2008, 11:03 PM
Dude, you just went all philosophical on us.

Nicely done.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/22/2008, 11:10 PM
Nothing nice about it, but I appreciate the kind words. Let's just say some evenings in the firehouse bring ice cream, others bring things I'd just as soon not see. The latter always puts me in a philosophical mood.

King Crimson
9/22/2008, 11:15 PM
one of my buddies is a quadriplegic from a car wreck as a passenger. he played linerbacker in high school and was a lumberjack in southwest Colorado. now he pisses in a tube into a bag. it's tough business, this mortal coil.

Blue
9/22/2008, 11:20 PM
Great post Fireman. It's very easy to get discouraged and off the lighted path. Thanks for the post, I needed it.

StoopTroup
9/23/2008, 05:21 AM
Remember....wherever you go...

There you are.

OUHOMER
9/23/2008, 06:34 AM
It is easily broken, this thing we call the body.

What we eat, what we drink, how we conduct our lives. But nothing shows the crystal goblet that is the human body like its unnecessary, needless destruction. Like glass to concrete, a tie of a knot, a loss of hope, and the die is cast forever. A beautiful gift from God misguided and gone.

If you're of an inclination, say a prayer tonight for those that are lost, not from God's eye, but from hope. For those that find no fruit from their labor, no joy from their effort, no happiness from life.

For those that see fit to take God's gift and dash it upon the rocks. And those that can't find the strength to steer from them in the first place.

I hear ya TF, my brother is a big time alcoholic. He races toward rocks at full speed. Very said, they think his liver has about had it not to mention the hardships he has caused tearing the family apart.

Your message was talking directly about him. I just wish he would understand it.:(