PDA

View Full Version : MBB Student tickets go on sale tomorrow!!!

Sooner24
9/22/2008, 09:26 PM
Okay students it's time to step up and make a difference!

Plus you buy tickets go to the games (or give them to someone who does and it's free).

Plus, plus you can now print your tickets at home and not if have to leave your room!

MBB Student Tickets on Sale Sept. 23
The Sooners are ranked as high as No. 7 in the preseason national rankings.

NORMAN, Okla. -- Student season tickets for the 2008-09 men's basketball season go on sale to returning students Tuesday, Sept. 23.

Tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis and will be available for purchase online beginning at 7 a.m., and in person at the OU Athletics Ticket Office starting at 10 a.m.

New students (freshmen and transfers) will be able to sign up for season tickets on Wednesday, Sept. 24, beginning at at 7 a.m. online and in person at the Ticket Office starting at 10 a.m. A lottery will be held on September 25 for new students if demand exceeds supply.

Student season tickets are $130 and will be charged to the student's bursar account. A $5 non-refundable processing fee will be applied to all orders.

New Rebate Offer

This year, student season ticket holders who use their tickets for 16 or more games (90%) will have $130 credited back to their bursar account courtesy of the Athletics Department.

Any student season ticket holder who uses their ticket for at least 14 of the games (80%) will have a $50 credit put back on their bursar account.

Anyone can use the ticket (friends, co-workers, etc.) just as long as it is used!

Print Your Tickets at Home

Another new feature this season is the opportunity for student season ticket holders to print their tickets at home. Students who purchase season tickets will be eligible to print each ticket at home during the designated distribution period. Click here for more information.

Men's Basketball Student Ticket Information
Main Page | Order Tickets Online | Distribution Schedule | Print-at-Home Instructions

The men's basketball schedule features 17 regular season home contests. Schedule highlights include non-conference visits from USC and Utah and conference rivals Oklahoma State, Texas and defending national champion Kansas. The 2008-09 season tips off on Wednesday, Nov. 5, when the Sooners host an exhibition game against Panhandle State.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/091608aaa.html

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/m-baskbl/auto_action/2234206.jpeg

Boarder
9/22/2008, 10:37 PM
Having the horsepig sit in the south oval in the middle of the bike lane wasn't a great way to get people to sign up, imo.

:D

badger
9/22/2008, 11:12 PM
I like the rebate offer. They really, REALLY want a crowd there this year, methinks.

birddog
9/23/2008, 12:39 AM
I like the rebate offer. They really, REALLY want a crowd there this year, methinks.

it's a helluva good idea. atleast it gives the students incentive to go to the games, as if all the great players we have isn't rewarding enough.:rolleyes:

hopefully we can pack it in and give future recruits some hope about the programs future support.

badger
9/23/2008, 12:01 PM
If I was a student still and I saw this offer, I would definitely take it. See a top team for free so long as you go to most of the games? Sweet! :D

I bet they sell out of season tix because of this - and actually have a decent crowd every night in the student section, too!

Next year, they're going to have to up the ante - the tickets are only free if you make so many decibels of noise, have the most clever sign, return the mascot head you mercilessly ripped off the horse pig, etc.

OUstud
9/23/2008, 05:19 PM
In! (tomorrow at 7 a.m.)

OUsooner1
9/24/2008, 04:53 PM
i went by the ticket office around 3 today and they still had season tickets available. didn't ask how many though. :(

Ardmore_Sooner
9/24/2008, 06:02 PM
i went by the ticket office around 3 today and they still had season tickets available. didn't ask how many though. :(

They won't give out exact numbers.

badger
10/2/2008, 10:46 AM
Any update on this? Did the students say "Hey, I want to attend 90 percent of the games" or did they say "I don't care about any games except Texas and OSU" ? I am curious.

Sooner24
10/2/2008, 02:16 PM
Paper today said they had sold 1000 so far.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/8/2008, 09:30 PM
I bought student tickets. I don't even buy student football tickets. Yeah, sinful, I know.. crowds --or at least the student section-- usually makes me really nauseated but I do okay in the old people "i don't get up and cheer" sections.

Ruuuuuufus
10/12/2008, 10:58 PM
looks like the season ticket prices are a bit cheaper than what they used to be. Still think they should be free though ;)