PDA

View Full Version : TCU QB Andy Dalton

The Maestro
9/22/2008, 04:32 PM
Just reading cfn.com about TCU's season so far...nice win at New Mexico to start the year (NM breaking in 9 new offensive starters) and a decent win against Stanford since they are from the almighty Pac 10! SMU and Stephen F. Austin? Who cares...

Anywho...kind of interesting what a dink and dunk QB this guy is. Against New Mexico he completed 16 passes...for just 120 yards. Against Stanford he completed 20 passes...for a whopping 145 yards.

These guys are all about ball control. A few games they had the ball almost 40 minutes of the game. You can guarantee they will be trying to play keep away from our offense. The QB runs a lot, too...so our defense is going to have to step up. Avoiding the big play won't work on these guys...they don't seem to look for the big play much. Just four yards at a time and move the chains.

Defensively I think they are completely untested. They stat out nicely, but not exactly a murderer's row of competition so far. Get them behind quickly and force them to get out of their comfort zone of ball control.

Good test at this point in the season for OU. If we jump on them early they have to abandon the gameplan and we should roll.

soonersam
9/22/2008, 04:40 PM
Very True! We could bend dont break to a 24-10 win.

Send the house!!!!

Widescreen
9/22/2008, 04:41 PM
Watched the TCU/SMU game. Here's my layman's analysis:

1) The starting QB can throw the dink/dunk stuff but I have no idea if he can throw further than 20 yards because they apparently don't do that. They run a lot of QB draws but he doesn't seem all that fast. Their backup is fast but don't know if he can throw.
2) The OL is very undersized. I think our DL will have them on size and quickness.
3) Their field-goal kicker is better than ours. Their kickoff guy seems about as good as ours (noticed he only has 1 arm).
4) SMU was able to have some success throwing the ball and SMU's QB is terrible (he's very young).

I really think we're going to win this handily. Just the 1st in a list of ranked teams we're going to beat this year.

Boomer.....
9/22/2008, 04:42 PM
Should be one of the better defenses we face all year. It will be nice to see our offense in action against a decent D.

CK Sooner
9/22/2008, 04:49 PM
Ryan Christian has the most rushing yards on the team.

He is hurt, but still probable for the game. Hopefully the injury lingers and he doesn't play :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/22/2008, 04:53 PM
I think in the previous battle, all the qb did was dip and dunk because ou dbs were given them room to catch it on every play...

JLEW1818
9/22/2008, 04:53 PM
UMMM. Note to self, I beat him up when I was five.!

CK Sooner
9/22/2008, 04:59 PM
Here is some info.

TCU only has 5 players that were even in Rivals system. None of those were higher than 3 stars.

Andy Dalton the starting quarterback has NO passing touchdowns only rushing.

They start no Freshman.

Widescreen
9/22/2008, 05:04 PM
In fairness, he had a sure touchdown pass against SMU but their stonehands TE dropped it.

royalfan5
9/22/2008, 06:01 PM
I bet OU's defense will expect Dalton to be bigger than he is.

bluedogok
9/22/2008, 08:55 PM
1) The starting QB can throw the dink/dunk stuff but I have no idea if he can throw further than 20 yards because they apparently don't do that. They run a lot of QB draws but he doesn't seem all that fast. Their backup is fast but don't know if he can throw.
Hmm....I wonder if they will run their own version of THE WILD FROG....

FroggyStyle22
9/22/2008, 09:01 PM
Ryan Christian has the most rushing yards on the team.

He is hurt, but still probable for the game. Hopefully the injury lingers and he doesn't play :D

Ryan Christian is a 170lb white kid that plays hard but has no buisness playing rb. Aaron Brown is actually the starter between the two but had been suspended for the first 3 games.

OK2LA
9/22/2008, 09:03 PM
I bet OU's defense will expect Dalton to be bigger than he is.

Quite possibly - post of the year.

Well done, sir.

Well done.

Lott's Bandana
9/22/2008, 09:20 PM
50-13

Rock Hard Corn Frog
9/22/2008, 09:56 PM
Once finished 3rd in a game of checkers....

This is where we are going right?

KC//CRIMSON
9/22/2008, 10:19 PM
09/03/05

Never forget.

Curly Bill
9/22/2008, 10:22 PM
OU 41

Frogs 13

BoulderSooner79
9/22/2008, 10:59 PM
Three things I'd like to see in this game (besides the win)

- We stretch the field a couple of times with the deep ball
- The DBs hang onto a pick or 2
- We get a score from the D or special teams on our way to 50pts.
- *NO* injuries. I guess that 4 things - did I say 3 ?

Widescreen
9/23/2008, 12:52 AM
- The DBs hang onto a pick or 2

Glad you mentioned that. The TCU QB giftwrapped a couple of throws right into SMU defenders' hands and they dropped them. Even our db's would've caught them. If Dalton does that crap this weekend, they're gonna be in trouble in a hurry.

josh09
9/23/2008, 12:55 AM
Lets keep the half-a-hundred thing going, and not pull an "Oklahoma at Colorado '07" at Baylor next week. Because this is looking exactly the same as last years first few games.

goodonya
9/23/2008, 07:22 AM
I've known Andy and his folks since Andy was playing youth football. He QB'd Katy deep into the playoffs 2-years. I assure you he has a pretty salty deep ball even if TCU has not utilized it to-date. He's very smart and an intense competitor. Not that it matters in this discussion but he is also a consumate gentleman. I believe his best years are ahead of him and I know he is very excited about coming to Norman. I talked to his dad this week and he says Andy knows what he is up against.

OUrules
9/23/2008, 09:37 AM
Good analysis....this makes me feel more comfortable that we are going to kick arse!!!

85sooners
9/23/2008, 10:55 AM
:mad:
09/03/05

Never forget.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/23/2008, 11:02 AM
:mad:

man...you know how to speak to me