PDA

View Full Version : N. Central Colorado Nooerr Abootters

SoonerInKCMO
9/22/2008, 03:40 PM
Suppose someone had a chance to work in Greeley, CO. That person is single and looking to mingle - but too old to hit on college wimmens. Said person also likes a walkable neighborhood - but doesn't mind having to drive a bit to work - especially since the workplace is outside of town anyway and there's no place he could live that wouldn't require him to drive to work on occasion. Where in the area do you think that person should live? Loveland? Greeley? Ft. Collins? Is Ft. Collins cool enough to justify the extra driving distance to work?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/22/2008, 03:42 PM
Its been several years, but I took a recruiting trip to Greeley(scholly to play basketball at Northern Colorado) and it was tough deciding against it...Personally, I loved the place...I was there only for a few days but I really dug it..scenery was great, town was nice..nice looking ladies around..

IB4OU2
9/22/2008, 03:45 PM
Ft. Collins is one of the nicest college towns I've ever visited and I was born, raised, schooled in Norman.

soonerboomer93
9/22/2008, 03:53 PM
my sister lives in Greeley, I have no idea why she continues to live there

Ft. Collins is much nicer, there's nothing in Greeley

King Crimson
9/22/2008, 03:55 PM
i think Fort Collins is pretty cool too. it doesn't have the bull**** high cost of living like Boulder and it's not as trendy socal/east coast nonsense...it's a good place.

not as sure about Greeley. i have a buddy who teaches at UNC and he commutes from NW Denver.

i'd go with the Fort. If it were me. and i totally understand about a walkable neighborhood, too old to really hit on the college girls....though i live in Boulder.

King Crimson
9/22/2008, 03:59 PM
red feather lakes up there by FC are pretty sweet area.

King Crimson
9/22/2008, 04:11 PM
one more thing about Red Feather Lakes, unlike the 1-70 corridor/SUmmit County a lot of Colorado, it's pretty uncrowded up there on the weekends.

as is Indian Peaks Wilderness if you are willing to hike a couple hours....3-4 right up on the Continental Divide. Lake Isabelle Glacier is really great. Like a cathedral.

King Crimson
9/22/2008, 04:18 PM
http://i.pbase.com/v3/00/609400/2/51667861.IndianPeakandLakeIsabelle.jpg

http://www.imagesofcolorado.com/apix/isabelle9eacr2.jpg

doesn't quite do it justice, that area up on the divide is one of few places where the Continental Divide Trail has to take a serious roundabout...because it's so rugged.

SoonerInKCMO
9/22/2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah, from what I saw last week, I had pretty much ruled out Greeley proper. Just threw it out there to see if others had a different idea and if I'd missed something good about it. There's a really cool looking new complex in downtown Loveland that I was thinking about... didn't really get to look at Ft. Collins but heard good things. I hope to check it out some more next time.

royalfan5
9/22/2008, 10:32 PM
I know a guy in Greeley. He likes it but he is from Limon,Colorado and previously lived in Gering Nebraska, so he would think Hell is a step up from those two.

soonerboomer93
9/23/2008, 12:07 AM
Loveland is also nice, just not quite as close as Ft. Collins

really, since the speed limit should be 75 on those roads, it's an easy commute

and it's only about an hour to denver from any of those places