PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Kim

The Maestro
9/22/2008, 01:05 PM
I realize this is the football board, but what that Sooner did yesterday to represent yesterday and the entire weekend was awesome. Had he and Phil not melted down on Saturday morning he would have been near perfect at the Ryder Cup.

I put this on the football board, though, cause I would assume at halftime of some OU home game this year he will be recognized and honored. Someone please videotape and put on YouTube for those of us who won't be there.

AK also gave a shout out to OU football games as well yesterday when asked what was better, crowds at the Ryder Cup or crowds in Norman on Saturday's...he said he loved both!

Way to go, Anthony! Loved seeing him with the most dominant win, in his first Ryder Cup, in the first singles match against a Ryder Cup stud in Sergio!!

They should play one of those old "Great Sooner Moments" during a break of the action at a home game and show his clips from the weekend during a football game!

bakerjrb
9/22/2008, 01:14 PM
I echo your comments, Maestro.

Another Sooner doing the alma mater proud. AK was money for the US side.

And for those of you who have not seen it, check out the Scotty Cameron putter that AK uses:

http://blogs.golf.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/07/07/anthonykimputter_2.jpeg

Live on, University.

jrb

badger
9/22/2008, 01:18 PM
Move to sports forum in 5...

Kim looked like a veteran next to a rookie! Tee hee, the irony.

Phil Mickelson didn't win a major until recently for a reason!

If Europe gets a whole continent, why don't we get Canada and Mexico?

Wait, wasn't there already a lengthy discussion on the Ryder Cup over the weekend (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120390)here?

Where can I get a Boomer Sooner ringtone like Kim's? Er, I mean PUTTER. Boomer Sooner PUTTER?

ZERO! Time to merge/move :D

1890MilesToNorman
9/22/2008, 01:21 PM
While watching AK over the weekend I had a connection with him, I have never seen him play before (didn't know he was a Sooner) but there was something about him that drew my attention. Seeing this post made it all clear, Can two Sooners connect on a subliminal plane without knowing each other? Good job Anthony!!!

The Maestro
9/22/2008, 01:26 PM
badger, I started that thread to discuss the Ryder Cup. This is all about Kim and the fact I sure hope OU gives 86,000 fans a chance to applaud his efforts at a football game this year.

badger
9/22/2008, 01:29 PM
badger, I started that thread to discuss the Ryder Cup. This is all about Kim and the fact I sure hope OU gives 86,000 fans a chance to applaud his efforts at a football game this year.

:) I know, I'm just having fun. It's Monday, after all.

PS: And yes, seeing how football is what brought Kim to OU in the first place, I bet he'd love to come back for a sideline view.

KingBarry
9/22/2008, 03:32 PM
I agree. Let Mr Kim come back to OU. After all, he is now another Sooner Great.

soonersam
9/22/2008, 04:15 PM
:) I know, I'm just having fun. It's Monday, after all.

PS: And yes, seeing how football is what brought Kim to OU in the first place, I bet he'd love to come back for a sideline view.

Pumped the brakes kinda hard there!!

badger
9/22/2008, 04:22 PM
Pumped the brakes kinda hard there!!

Meh, I have an excuse. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120644) :(