PDA

View Full Version : So the cat went missing yesterday...

badger
9/22/2008, 09:04 AM
He escaped out the door like he usually does (he loves the outdoors) except he didn't come back last night or this morning.

Any advice? Oh, and if you live in Tulsa, he's about three years old, green eyes, pure black and purrs at almost anything.

sooneron
9/22/2008, 09:08 AM
I hope you find your kitty.

CK Sooner
9/22/2008, 09:09 AM
I have had 2 cats and when they get out they always come back.

If I was you, I would drive around though.

GrapevineSooner
9/22/2008, 09:10 AM
Sprinkle some catnip at the backdoor.

JohnnyMack
9/22/2008, 09:12 AM
Call :dean:. He'll help you look.

OUHOMER
9/22/2008, 09:15 AM
I hope you fine it. And you better keep him in next month. Halloween is coming and black cat tend to disappear around that time. Even the shelters wont give op back cats around holloween.

sooneron
9/22/2008, 09:16 AM
I hope you fine it. And you better keep him in next month. Halloween is coming and black cat tend to disappear around that time. Even the shelters wont give op back cats around holloween.

I was thinking the same thing.

I was also this close to using another name for kitty.:D

jage
9/22/2008, 09:38 AM
Cats always find their way back...hope nothing bad happened to your cat :(

soonervegas
9/22/2008, 09:50 AM
My money is on he comes back......

C&CDean
9/22/2008, 09:50 AM
With cats, it's pretty much "who feeds me better." Somebody is feeding your cat better so now he's the new owner of a different humanoid. That's why dogs >>>>>> cats.

8timechamps
9/22/2008, 09:52 AM
With cats, it's pretty much "who feeds me better." Somebody is feeding your cat better so now he's the new owner of a different humanoid. That's why dogs >>>>>> cats.

Dean and old DCSooner would love to mount a posey and help "search".

GrapevineSooner
9/22/2008, 09:56 AM
I hope you fine it.

Indeed.

Fine it in kitty treats.

badger
9/22/2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks everyone :) I had to read up at TexAgs.com to laugh off my overreaction to his disappearance... it really works! Go ahead, go visit the football board! I'll wait!

Ah yes, they really are in meltdown mode still, aren't there? Well, can't blame them. That Johnny Jolly didn't even mention Texas A&M in the two seconds they give each player on SNF to say their name and their alma mater. Jolly said his high school instead of his college? Oooo... rage. R@GE!!!!1!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for the kind words.

MamaMia
9/22/2008, 12:32 PM
Check the pound.

Animal Mother
9/22/2008, 12:50 PM
You can tape some of the fur flying around your house on the door the cat uses when it does escape. You may have to use a humane trap baited with your kitty's favorite munchies. Most of the time they don't go far and may be hiding less than a block away.

I forget where you live but you can at least get some tips from this site

http://www.feralfriends.org/index.php

tbl
9/22/2008, 01:37 PM
He escaped out the door like he usually does (he loves the outdoors) except he didn't come back last night or this morning.

Any advice? Oh, and if you live in Tulsa, he's about three years old, green eyes, pure black and purrs at almost anything.

I had this happen over the weekend and I went out on the back porch last night for one last look, and I saw two glowing eyes on the hill behind our house, kitty-kittied them, and there he comes. Little idiot...

The neighbor next door knew we were looking for him on Saturday (my 4 year old daughter and I were out looking for him on Saturday afternoon) and she tells us yesterday after we got home from Church that she had seen him at around 8:30 on Saturday night wanting in through our basement door. Knowing we're looking for him, she couldn't walk the 50 feet to our house to let us know he was down there? What kind of person is that?

C&CDean
9/22/2008, 01:43 PM
I had this happen over the weekend and I went out on the back porch last night for one last look, and I saw two glowing eyes on the hill behind our house, kitty-kittied them, and there he comes. Little idiot...

The neighbor next door knew we were looking for him on Saturday (my 4 year old daughter and I were out looking for him on Saturday afternoon) and she tells us yesterday after we got home from Church that she had seen him at around 8:30 on Saturday night wanting in through our basement door. Knowing we're looking for him, she couldn't walk the 50 feet to our house to let us know he was down there? What kind of person is that?

Dude, it was only a cat. If your dog went missing, everybody would care.

tbl
9/22/2008, 01:51 PM
Dude, it was only a cat. If your dog went missing, everybody would care.

Good point... If he had still been missing after one more day, we were thinking about putting up a little sign at the neighborhood entrance. The good thing about a cat getting out is you feel pretty confident that he'll survive.

Miko
9/22/2008, 02:06 PM
... The good thing about a cat getting out is that the cat is no longer in the house.

Fixed it for ya! ;)

I keed, I keed!

AllAboutThe'O'
9/22/2008, 02:16 PM
This kind of hits home a little bit because my best friend from work discovered that his cat died the other day. At one time, he and his wife had at least five cats and now they're down to two (they had another cat but his mother-in-law's keeping it now; plus, they found another cat as a stray and gave it to yours truly a couple of years ago). Sadly, one of their other cats was hit by a car a few years ago.

Hope your cat turns up and everything's OK.

soonervegas
9/22/2008, 03:08 PM
I had only one cat get hit by a car. He liked to sit next to the curb and "attack" passing cars. He lost one.....

He was a stud though.

Howzit
9/22/2008, 03:14 PM
If I were an uncaring a-hole I would post:

When a cat goes missing an angel gets it's wings.

But I am not.

So I won't.

badger
9/22/2008, 03:54 PM
I'm glad you're so un-uncaring.

Howzit
9/22/2008, 04:39 PM
I'm glad you're so un-uncaring.

You get me. You really get me.

NormanPride
9/22/2008, 04:41 PM
I'm sure our cat will be fine. He's a careful SOB, so he should be fine. I told the postal carrier to look for him, as well as a family that lives down the street. I also heard some old guy traps them and sends them to the pound, but he said he hadn't caught one in ages, so we should be fine there.

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone! Even you, Dean. :)

M
9/22/2008, 04:56 PM
I'm sure your kitty will be just fine. Mine went missing a few weeks ago and I went to all my surrounding neighbors and asked them to keep their eyes open. I was so distraught and was thinking the worst because he'd never even been outside of my backyard. Of course the little punk came scampering around the next morning when I took his food bowl outside and started shaking it. :rolleyes:

Viking Kitten
9/22/2008, 04:58 PM
I still maintain Pete was blackmailing you for gushy fudz. The Mexican mafia is good at that sort of thing, apparently.

M
9/22/2008, 05:02 PM
I still maintain Pete was blackmailing you for gushy fudz. The Mexican mafia is good at that sort of thing, apparently.

Well he's gonna have to come up with a new scheme 'cause his *** hasn't been outside since.

Viking Kitten
9/22/2008, 05:13 PM
Why you keeping the keety down, esai?

http://www.chrisvschris.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/ms-13-mexican-gang-los-angeles.jpg

GottaHavePride
9/22/2008, 08:16 PM
Badger, you don't have a friend named Dwight, do you?

Check your freezer.

;)

OU-HSV
9/22/2008, 08:30 PM
Bad news for cat lovers today....I hit (what I think was a cat) this evening. I was only rolling at about 35 and it ran out from the side of the road, it went under the center of my car and my tranny must've hit it cause it was loud and I saw it in my rear view laying on it's back. It was either a brownish cat or a helluva fast racoon..either way it couldn't have been your cat cause this was over in B.A.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/22/2008, 09:39 PM
Maybe your cat is making booty calls.

SoonerDood
9/22/2008, 09:50 PM
OH NOES! I hope you find him!

badger
9/22/2008, 11:20 PM
Maybe your cat is making booty calls.

No, it's neutered.

My late grandma always had an affection for our pure white-furred cat, Kitty. She never wanted us to get him in the first place, but once we did and after she moved in with us later, she had a special relationship with him. She would dream about him (unfortunately, also have nightmares about him) and Kitty would always feel privileged to sneak into her room (her room was usually off limits) and say hi.

Unfortunately, due to diabetes (never feed a cat Meow Mix) mom had to make the difficult decision to put Kitty to sleep a few years ago. I knew it was difficult on her - the connection with grandma was obvious - but it was the humane thing to do.

In many ways, our current cat acts a lot like Kitty, in the way he always needs to be on top of things, watch the birds, and unfortunately, after he was introduced to the great outdoors, Kitty would try to sneak out on his own (I was very upset at my brother for that - before then, Kitty would be too afraid to leave if the door was open). Can you imagine trying to find a white cat in a snowy backyard?

birddog
9/23/2008, 12:29 AM
my cat, Mr. Norwall, was crushed by a car yesterday right in front of our house.

we were inside and heard a car break quickly, which seemed strange to us because it's an easy-going, quiet hood. so i stepped outside and saw my cat flopping around in the air for atleast one minute. i ran in to tell my wife and she ran out there and immediately put her hands on him thinking she could calm him.

he never had a chance. it was a violent death with blood pouring out his mouth and splattered all over the street. he laid there for a few minutes before we put him in a box and buried him out back.

he was a cool cat. he'd walk around the neighborhood with us like a dog. i rescued him from a pet store in 2004 and immediately fell for him. i've hated cats my whole life but he was just a chill cat that never caused any probs.

it'll take awhile for that image of him flopping to leave my mind.

RIP Mr. Norwall.

LoyalFan
9/23/2008, 03:43 AM
...it went under the center of my car and my tranny must've hit it...

I'm a bit confused as to exactly whom was driving...you, or your tranny.
Is he/she/it hawt?
Hawt or nawt, please...PLEASE!...ignore all request for pics!

LF

sooneron
9/23/2008, 07:53 AM
My Mom's cat weighs 22 lbs.

badger
9/23/2008, 08:32 AM
Cat's home!

The neighbor found him and brought him over this morning - there's one doorbell at 5 a.m. you want to answer!

Thanks everyone :D

Howzit
9/23/2008, 08:45 AM
I'm here to help.

NormanPride
9/23/2008, 09:36 AM
Your contribution has been noted.

GrapevineSooner
9/23/2008, 09:37 AM
So have you fined your kitty, yet?

JohnnyMack
9/23/2008, 09:43 AM
I'm here to help.

They're gonna fling poo at you for this.

Howzit
9/23/2008, 10:00 AM
Pffft, I ain't askeert. I'll put my poo flinging up against the best.

tbl
9/23/2008, 10:23 AM
my cat, Mr. Norwall, was crushed by a car yesterday right in front of our house.

we were inside and heard a car break quickly, which seemed strange to us because it's an easy-going, quiet hood. so i stepped outside and saw my cat flopping around in the air for atleast one minute. i ran in to tell my wife and she ran out there and immediately put her hands on him thinking she could calm him.

he never had a chance. it was a violent death with blood pouring out his mouth and splattered all over the street. he laid there for a few minutes before we put him in a box and buried him out back.

he was a cool cat. he'd walk around the neighborhood with us like a dog. i rescued him from a pet store in 2004 and immediately fell for him. i've hated cats my whole life but he was just a chill cat that never caused any probs.

it'll take awhile for that image of him flopping to leave my mind.

RIP Mr. Norwall.
I never understood why cats die so violently. I've seen this before with one of my cats when I was a kid. Not cool to see...

picasso
9/23/2008, 10:36 AM

yeah because I never see stray dogs running like crazy through my neighborhood.:)

we've had to catch one or two and put them in our driveway.