PDA

View Full Version : McCain's Confusion

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/22/2008, 01:07 AM
Yes, he's light years ahead of Obama, but he still hasn't quite got it figured out.

Limbaugh: McCain Throws Cox 'Under the Bus'

Sunday, September 21, 2008 11:53 AM

Rush Limbaugh wishes John McCain’s economic proposals would stop bashing Wall Street, thinks the Arizona senator is running against the wrong people, and deplores his demand that SEC Chairman Chris Cox be fired -- and he wants everybody to know it.

Speaking to Greta Van Susteren on her Fox News show “On The Record” Friday, Limbaugh ripped into McCain, saying he understands what he called “the populist tendency to bash Wall Street because people are upset and to join the chorus that Wall Street is corrupt and full of a bunch of people, but that’s not the case.

“I don't think bashing Wall Street, with the Democrats already doing that, is a way for Sen. McCain to separate himself. What he ought to be doing is what he did in Green Bay this morning, which is attack the people responsible for the Fannie Mae disaster -- and that’s all Democrats. It’s Chris Dodd, it’s Barney Frank, it is Barack Obama, it’s Franklin Raines, and Jim Johnson -- people associated with the Obama campaign.

"I understand the temptation to start ripping into Wall Street, because people instinctively fall into that so-called class envy susceptibility for this. I think it's a mistake. I think he can distinguish himself better by attacking the people he's running against -- he's running against Democrats, he’s running against Obama, he’s running against Wall Street.

“Wall Street is probably going to finish the week higher than when it started … There’s a lesson here to stay calm and cool."

Limbaugh addressed McCain’s attack on Cox, the Securities and Exchange Commission chairman.

“I also wish he hadn’t thrown Chris Cox under the bus, the Securities and Exchange Commission guy, [saying] he would have fired him. Cox had nothing to do with this. This is a tendency of Sen. McCain's to look at himself as Teddy Roosevelt and take on anybody he thinks is a robber baron. I wish that he would take some of that back and just focus on who he's really running against -- the people trying to destroy him.”

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.
-------------------------------------------------------
You guys on the left can fuss and fume all you want. Let me just say that although I plan to vote for McCain, in order to stop Obama from choking off the United States, I do believe you Statist-Americans will get a lot of the largess you want with McCain as POTUS.

LosAngelesSooner
9/22/2008, 02:20 AM
Rush Limbaugh Arrested On Drug Charges

Conservative Radio Commentator Turns Himself In But Claims Innocence

(CBS/AP) Rush Limbaugh and prosecutors in the long-running prescription fraud case against him have reached a deal calling for the only charge against the conservative commentator to be dropped without a guilty plea if he continues treatment, his attorney said Friday.

Limbaugh turned himself in to authorities on a warrant filed Friday charging him with fraud to conceal information to obtain prescriptions, said Teri Barbera, a spokeswoman for the Palm Beach County Jail. He and his attorney Roy Black left about an hour later, after Limbaugh was photographed and fingerprinted and he posted $3,000 bail, Barbera said.

Prosecutors' three-year investigation of Limbaugh began after he publicly acknowledged being addicted to pain medication and entered a rehabilitation program. They accused Limbaugh of "doctor shopping," or illegally deceiving multiple doctors to receive overlapping prescriptions, after learning that he received about 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months, at a pharmacy near his Palm Beach mansion.

Limbaugh, who pleaded not guilty Friday, has steadfastly denied doctor shopping. Black said the charge will be dismissed in 18 months if Limbaugh complies with court guidelines.

"Mr. Limbaugh and I have maintained from the start that there was no doctor shopping, and we continue to hold this position," Black said in an e-mailed statement.

Limbaugh spokesman Tony Knight said the commentator signed the agreement Thursday, and that it called for him to enter the not guilty plea. "It's not in the system moving toward trial. It was all a formality. It's a concluded deal," Knight said.

Limbaugh has a huge audience -- 14 to 20 million people listen to his show every week, reports CBS News correspondent Bob Orr.

olevetonahill
9/22/2008, 02:43 AM
Aint ya scraping the Bottom of the Barrel ?
Las get some New shat .
Yer Conservitive Repub Is worn out .:rolleyes:

9/22/2008, 02:49 AM
News talker creating news.

Bla.

LosAngelesSooner
9/22/2008, 03:01 AM
Aint ya scraping the Bottom of the Barrel ?
Rush get some New shat .
Yer Conservitive Repub Is worn out .:rolleyes:
Fixed it for ya, Vet. ;)

Pricetag
9/22/2008, 09:46 AM
McCain pisses off Limbaugh because he isn't playing the game correctly. Good on him.

Scott D
9/22/2008, 10:17 AM
I'd give McCain my vote if he threw Limbaugh under a bus...Physically.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/22/2008, 01:05 PM
MAKE IT STOP, BIG JOHN! He risks conservative base voter apathy, even with Palin on the ticket, if he persists on going after business and Wall Street, instead of the legislators and their roles in effing up the housing and mortgage market. Heh, "playing the game correctly"-pull yer head out,fella!

LosAngelesSooner
9/22/2008, 03:26 PM
I keep praying that Rush is one day closer to his fatal heart attack.

ON AIR.

Pricetag
9/22/2008, 03:33 PM
Heh, "playing the game correctly"-pull yer head out,fella!
Flattery will get you nowhere.