PDA

View Full Version : CFN "Way to Early Bowl Projections"

kevpks
9/21/2008, 11:15 PM
BCS GAMES

Rose Bowl presented by Citi
Jan. 1 / 5:10 p.m. ET Pasadena, Calif. ABC
*BCS vs. BCS (Big Ten Champion vs. Pac 10 Champion, if available)
Way Too Early Projection: Wisconsin vs. BYU

Allstate Sugar Bowl
Jan. 2 / 8:30 p.m. ET New Orleans, La. FOX
*BCS vs. BCS (SEC Champion, if available)
Way Too Early Projection: LSU vs. Missouri

Tostitos Fiesta Bowl
Jan. 5 / 8 p.m. Phoenix, Ariz. FOX
*BCS vs. BCS (Big 12 Champion, if available)
Way Too Early Projection: Oklahoma vs. Ohio State

FedEx Orange Bowl
Jan. 1 / 8 p.m. Miami Gardens, Fla. FOX
*BCS vs. BCS (ACC Champion, if available)
Way Too Early Projection: Clemson vs. South Florida

FedEx BCS National Championship
Jan. 8 / 8 p.m. Miami Gardens, Fla. FOX
*BCS #1 vs. BCS #2
Way Too Early Projection: USC vs. Florida

I have two problems with these projections. If they don't think OU will make the title game, that's fine. For all we know they might think we would be the odd man out of the undefeated or one-loss teams. I mean they do have us winning the Big XII. But Florida? Are they watching the same games as me? There is no way that team I saw these past few games makes it through the SEC. They might be the fourth or fifth best team in that conference. What makes people think they are any better than last year? A decent team but not a title contender.

My other problem with these projections is the ridiculous notion that the Big 10 would actually get 2 BCS teams. I know each conference can only get two BCS teams and someone has to fill out this ridiculous 5 BCS game slate but I have the Big Ten Network. I don't even think the Big Ten should get one BCS team, let alone two. That said, if we don't make the title game a shot at the Buckeyes might be the next best thing.

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2008, 11:40 PM
It's a tough year to predict. The big12 and SEC look like the best conferences by far, which means both are likely to knock each other off and not produce any undefeated teams. I could easily see a Wisconsin or Penn State slipping through a weak big10 untarnished. That would create some BCS chaos.

yermom
9/22/2008, 12:29 AM
i just haven't seen anything from Florida yet that makes me think they are unbeatable. i think the SEC is probably going to be a meat grinder again

and i wouldn't be surprised to see Ohio State get killed in the Big 10. my money is on Penn State in the Rose Bowl at this point. and they have proven that they won't take a team like BYU

i'm 90% sure the BCS buster will be picked last by the Orange Bowl. my guesses are Utah, Boise or BYU maybe TU as the darkhorse ;)

LSUdeek
9/22/2008, 12:41 AM
i just haven't seen anything from Florida yet that makes me think they are unbeatable. i think the SEC is probably going to be a meat grinder again

and i wouldn't be surprised to see Ohio State get killed in the Big 10. my money is on Penn State in the Rose Bowl at this point. and they have proven that they won't take a team like BYU

i'm 90% sure the BCS buster will be picked last by the Orange Bowl. my guesses are Utah, Boise or BYU maybe TU as the darkhorse ;)

From what I've seen from UF, I really feel like LSU could be the team to beat since we have Alabama and Georgia at home this year. It remains to be seen whether the Jarrett Lee of the second half will play throughout the season though. :D

I will need to see the UGA/ALA game this weekend to develop more opinions about each team since neither has played in a real dogfight as of yet.

OUHOMER
9/22/2008, 06:53 AM
The way Ohio State is playing i don't see them making a BCS game

CU Sooner
9/22/2008, 07:59 AM
I the luckeyes have run out, they will lose at least 2 more games this year. As for the SEC, I have seen all the supposed big dogs except for alabama and am not that impressed. None of them will go through unscathed.

Blitzkrieg
9/22/2008, 10:01 AM
Only PSU and Wisky have a pulse, Illinois is terrible. Meatchicken is bad, and sad.

I sucks to have to play one OSU in a year, I don't want another.

badger
9/22/2008, 10:07 AM
Ok, so a question to y'all (and please save the r@ge): What is your second favorite option should we not make the title game?

Hate to go Pete Carroll here (and please save the r@ge), but we have no control over who goes to that game, so there's the possibility that we win out and don't go (and don't play the No. 2 ranking card - Georgia used to be No. 1 and has won all their games too).

If I had a choice in opponent, it would be one we could embarrass on Jan. 1 (Ohio State). If I had a choice in venue, it would be anything but the Fiesta Bowl... but since we don't have a choice in the matter if we win the Big 12 again (which I would want more than going to a non-Fiesta Bowl), the Fiesta Bowl it is.

Wouldn't it be funny if we beat OSU to a pulp, USC flubs up a lot against Florida but still wins, and the AP declares us the champions? :D

SoonerInKCMO
9/22/2008, 10:21 AM
I have the Big Ten Network.

D00d, you ain't right.

;)

CK Sooner
9/22/2008, 10:23 AM
We need to win a National Championship this year!

Some people don't realize you get more than a trophy if you win.

-Top Caliber Recruits

-Respect

I am excited to make a run for it.

8timechamps
9/22/2008, 10:24 AM
tOSU will be lucky to make a mid-sized bowl game. If the BCS is stupid enough to put them in a game, then they will prove again why the BCS is a joke.

My Opinion Matters
9/22/2008, 10:27 AM

-Top Caliber Recruits

-Respect

I seriously doubt there's anyone that doesn't realize this.

8timechamps
9/22/2008, 10:30 AM

And if there is...maybe they aren't the Sooner fan they thought they were.

boomermagic
9/22/2008, 10:40 AM

-Top Caliber Recruits

-Respect

I'm with ya Bro !!!

CK Sooner
9/22/2008, 11:17 AM

You would be surprised...

BoulderSooner79
9/22/2008, 11:23 AM
Ok, so a question to y'all (and please save the r@ge): What is your second favorite option should we not make the title game?

Hate to go Pete Carroll here (and please save the r@ge), but we have no control over who goes to that game, so there's the possibility that we win out and don't go (and don't play the No. 2 ranking card - Georgia used to be No. 1 and has won all their games too).

If I had a choice in opponent, it would be one we could embarrass on Jan. 1 (Ohio State). If I had a choice in venue, it would be anything but the Fiesta Bowl... but since we don't have a choice in the matter if we win the Big 12 again (which I would want more than going to a non-Fiesta Bowl), the Fiesta Bowl it is.

Wouldn't it be funny if we beat OSU to a pulp, USC flubs up a lot against Florida but still wins, and the AP declares us the champions? :D

Sorry, I really want OU to have a crack at that crystal ball this year. But I'd rather it not be against USC, LSU or FSU. Obviously don't have to worry about FSU, but the point is I'd rather not play a school we have played before in the BCS title game. I'm hoping one of the PAC10 cupcakes actually improves down the road and upsets Petey. I'd like to see OU play UGA or the gators for all the marbles.

badger
9/22/2008, 11:25 AM
:eek: You mean we get more recruits if they have a crystal ball to pose with? :eek:

TMcGee86
9/22/2008, 11:25 AM
Ug. What a horrible match up. Even if we won it big we would get no respect because it would be the two big game floppers playing each other in a bowl game.

Definitely a no win situation.

To me, that's the worst possible matchup.

Salt City Sooner
9/22/2008, 11:47 AM
I've always thought Florida was the team to watch out of the SEC (at least moreso than UGA) this year. The reason? Look at their schedule. No Alabama, no Auburn, they get LSU at the Swamp, & UGA, as always, is in J-ville. Considering the train wreck that currently resides in Tallahassee, their hardest remaining roadie is Vandy.

JLEW1818
9/22/2008, 12:06 PM
I'd say big 10 is between

Penn and Wisconsin.

Penguin
9/22/2008, 12:06 PM
:eek: You mean we get more recruits if they have a crystal ball to pose with? :eek:

Well, damn! If that's the case, let's just make our own! :texan:

CK Sooner
9/22/2008, 12:23 PM
I got some balls you can hold.

:D

badger
9/22/2008, 12:44 PM
http://bostonist.com/attachments/boston_caroline/080207_miss_cleo.jpg
Miss Cleo's gotcha crystal ball to hold for tree, hun.

Penguin
9/22/2008, 02:35 PM
I got some balls you can hold.

:D

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7351/admiralackbar2jl1.jpg

silverwheels
9/22/2008, 02:36 PM
At least they don't have Missouri in the BCS title game. I laugh at Bruce Feldman.

Jeronimo
9/22/2008, 02:41 PM
i kind of have this vibe that suc and lsu are sort of the toppers with the country. if we want OU back in that group we need to beat suc or lsu in the title game. somehow i dont see the due respect if its some other team.